What's your favorite piece of absurd music trivia?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BroJB, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

One of my kids told me they heard the same exact rumor about Bon Jovi

2. That Michael Jackson married Elvis' daughter.

3. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Both Jim Croce(Class of 1960) and Todd Rundgren(Class of 1966) came from Upper Darby High School,from the Philly suburbs. For years the school used the Tower Theater(then a movie house)for graduation ceremonies. It would fall into disrepair shortly as it screened dollar movies and homeless folk coming in from the cold. Jump a few years and David Bowie's first live album was recorded at the Tower.

4. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

If you start Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz at the exact same time, you'll invent Liquid Paper.

5. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

LOL..... that was from grade school... and I'm 50. I now know that RS has had more women than most men ever have.

Trader Joe likes this.
  6. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Mikey, from the Life cereal commercials, died mixing pop rocks and soda.

7. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

Roger Waters once won a guitar player magazine best bass player award for the work David Gilmour did on the tougher Animals tracks

8. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Best songs that can be sung to each other's tunes: "Deck the Halls" and "War Pigs."

9. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Was that ever confirmed or was that just another story that got passed around when they were sniping at each other in the press? Not that Roger is any great shakes at bass these days, but he was like Nick Mason in that he STARTED pretty prone to some nice displays on his instrument...

10. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Rod Stewart has a rider in his contract (or did for a while) to make sure his accommodations on tour were large enough to house a workbench for him to work on things for his model railway.

11. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

:laugh::righton:

12. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

From malnutrition as a child in Europe.

13. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Now the rumor about Rod is that he was a rock singer once. A rather good one too!

14. Dukes Travels

Dukes Travels Forum Resident

Mike Rutherford wearing a smoking jacket and slippers when Phil Collins went to his house for his genesis audition :shtiphat:

15. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

I was in the studio where that album was recorded. It's the same studio that recorded Grand Funk Railroad during the Terry Knight era.

16. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

"SOS" by ABBA is the only charting song where both the artist's name and the song title are palindromes.

17. Elton John auditioned for King Crimson! I guess Fripp didn't want a singing swinging piano player!

Gratefully Deadicated likes this.
  18. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

and Elton John and David Bowie and Freddie Mercury and Lou Reed and in a newer version, Marilyn Manson.

19. LOL. That explains why his skin looked so good at his age! (used it for sagging skin!). Nez must be jealous that folks think that! LOL.

Gratefully Deadicated and Linus like this.
  20. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

Used record collectors are now the biggest market for dryer sheets. Snuggles is now trying to develop a PVC scented version to give your moldy oldies that new record smell!

21. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

The rumor that Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson were secretly married in Hawaii.

22. I remember that! Given that Nabors used to hang with Hudson all the time (and is gay), it wasn't that far off base.

Sternodox likes this.
  23. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Same Rumour about Bowie, Elton, Marc Bolan and Marc Almond. Must be true then!

24. Marilyn Manson was really the kid from "The Wonder Years".

25. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

A supervisor of mine once told me that when he was in New York Hudson had to hit the more off the beaten track gay bars due to his fame. One of those bars was Mother's on 23rd Street, which later went on to host the earliest shows by Ramones, Television, Heartbreakers...