What's your favorite piece of absurd music trivia?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BroJB, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

The cricket who chirped at the end of a Buddy Holly song never got any song credits!

Razer, telliott and MitchLT like this.
  2. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

Kevin Coyne being invited to join the Doors.

3. Carter DeVries

Carter DeVries Forum Resident

Leo Fender’s original shop telephone # was.......6

4. Javed Jafri

Javed Jafri Forum Resident

This from Wiki re the Angels hit My Boyfriend's Back:

This song also features a young Ronnie Dio on the Horns as well.[4] Feldman, Goldstein & Gottehrer also wrote and produced some of Dio's early work with the band Ronnie Dio & The Prophets.

mtvgeneration and uzn007 like this.
  5. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Every one of Kiss' albums featuring the original lineup, have a unique order of the four members. None are repeated:

Kiss: Paul, Peter, Gene, Ace
    Hotter Than Hell: Peter, Paul, Ace, Gene
    Dressed To Kill: Peter, Ace, Paul, Gene
    Alive!: Gene, Peter, Ace, Paul
    Destroyer: Paul, Peter, Ace, Gene
    Rock And Roll Over: Paul, Gene, Peter, Ace (If counted as top row - 1,2 and bottom row - 3,4)
    Love Gun: Ace, Paul, Peter, Gene
    Alive II: Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter
    Double Platinum (Gatefold): Gene, Paul, Peter, Ace
    The Solo Albums: Gene, Ace, Peter, Paul (This is merely the order of the catalogue number of each member's album)
    Dynasty: Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter (If counted as top row - 1,2 and bottom row - 3,4)
    Unmasked: Ace, Gene, Peter, Paul (As sequenced on the bottom "unmasking" comic square)

This is invaluable information, I know. :p

Emilio, drad dog and M321115 like this.
  6. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

The lady seen singing in the clip below from "Casablanca" is Corinna Mura

The artist Edward Gorey's father left his mother and ran away with Mura when Gorey was in his early teens. The father came back home and remarried Gorey's Mom when Gorey was 27.

7. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

When Elvis was on the Ed Sullivan show, one of the persons who worked on the show said "Elvis" had a string tied to a toilet paper roll in the pelvic area that Elvis would pull the string and make the girls scream.

8. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

Tower of Power bassist Victor Conte (1977-1979) was the mastermind of the biggest baseball scandal of the last 90 years.

Conte founded BALCO (Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative) - a company that manufactured anabolic steroids to athletes. He was responsible for providing performance enhancing steroids to Barry Bonds allowing him to break Babe Ruth's home run record.

[​IMG]

Tanx, Crimson Witch, uzn007 and 2 others like this.
  9. DeltonP

DeltonP Member

Hi Dave, you're right about Creedence never having a #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. "Proud Mary", "Bad Moon Rising", "Green River", "Travelin' Band" b/w "Who'll Stop the Rain", and "Lookin' Out My Back Door" b/w "Long As I Can See the Light" all reached #2! CCR never had a #1 "pop" hit unless you count "Lookin' Out My Back Door" which went to #1 on the old Cashbox magazine record chart.

Similarly, "Live and Let Die" reached #2 on the U.S. Hot 100 (and only reached #9 on the U.K. singles chart). So that one is still out there, just one James Bond theme to reach #1... Hmmm.

10. DeltonP

DeltonP Member

That's the one, Maurice! After all these years of James Bond films, "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran remains the only #1 Bond movie theme on the U.S. Hot 100 singles chart (it reached #2 on the U.K. chart).

11. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

Paul Butterfield during the early days of the Paul Butterfield Band, appeared on the American game show "To Tell The Truth" and then plays the harmonica!

12. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Peter Wolf of the J. Geils Band was college roommates with David Lynch...

Steve Litos, Tanx and uzn007 like this.
  13. gratussi

gratussi Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans.

The lead singer of Rush, Geddy Lee, has had his highest charting song on someone elses album - The Mackenzie Brothers The Great White North (take it away Wikipedia)...

At least one million copies of the album were sold in North America, 350,000 of these in Canada alone, which earned a triple-platinum certification from the Canadian Recording Industry Association.

The Great White North entered the RPM Canadian album charts at #3 on 12 December 1981 and rose to the #1 position the following week where it remained until 23 January 1982. Overall, RPM ranked the album #40 of albums released in Canada during 1981. It peaked at number 8 on the American Billboard 200 album chart in 1982.

The song "Take Off" (identified on the album as "the hit single section"), featured guest vocalist Geddy Lee of Rush. (Lee and Moranis had gone to grade school together.) It was a hit, peaking at number 16 on the Billboard 100 singles chart in March 1982, higher than any of Rush's songs ever charted on the U.S. top 40. (Rush's biggest hit on that chart, "New World Man," reached only number 21, and thus "Take Off" has been Lee's biggest hit.)

14. Adkchaz

Adkchaz Forum Resident

He also wrote hits for others: he’s a rebel, today’s teardrops, hello mary lou, 22 days and for himself.

action pact likes this.
  15. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

The Beatles released this masterpiece in 1966. Left Paperback Writer and Rain off it, went on tour and NEVER PLAYED A TRACK OFF IT. Let's think about that for a moment. I x #beatles #genius

Ian McNabb

[​IMG]

phillyal1 and goer like this.
  16. Adkchaz

Adkchaz Forum Resident

In the US, rubber soul was the first when they stopped touring.

17. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

That's also him on the Everly Brothers' "All I Have to Do is Dream."

Besides the fact that they're live albums that went to #1 in Billboard, what other distinctive characteristic is shared by Stevie Wonder's The 12-Year-Old Genius and the Blues Brothers' Briefcase Full of Blues?

18. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

What do you mean?

nikh33, Clucking and YardByrd like this.
  19. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

Scratching my head too...

NumberEight likes this.
  20. Houston_Music_Fan

Houston_Music_Fan Forum Resident

This is such an informative thread, haven't even gotten through half of it yet and will add more later, but … while on the subject of Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, she also did this!

Runicen likes this.
  21. Houston_Music_Fan

Houston_Music_Fan Forum Resident

The Monkees (in their Monkee Men outfits) also appear in the same series. Also, Green Lantern's satellite, used as a base by the Justice League, is patterned on the ELO spaceship. Famous comic artist Alex Ross is a big time classic rock fan - Flash Gordon and the Queen soundtrack are his favorites.

22. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

23. John54

John54 Senior Member

I presume that's Ian McNabb from the Icicle Works?

24. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Yep, it’s in the movie.

25. Adkchaz

Adkchaz Forum Resident

I am wrong. They stopped touring august 1966, revolver was first.