What’s your favourite Klipsch speaker?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Once you have 15 inch woofs you can’t look back!

2. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I saw a pair of what I think were Cornwalls (going from the pics early in this thread) at an estate sale this past weekend. They were in a garage, cabinets looking drab, dinged, and nicked. Paint on the grill cover. They sounded excellent. They were asking 400.

jonwoody, Khorn, unclefred and 2 others like this.
  3. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

that's should be a good project for you. Put a burl finish..

jonwoody, Khorn and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  4. Classic Car Guy

Would love to but I don't have the space right now. I have to wait for another few years going towards our house out of the country. I already "ask" or "told" :wantsome:my wife and I'm getting the 1,000 sq ft room as my music room. The sad part its upstairs. It would be nicer it that was on ground floor. There is a La Scala selling locally and the price is right. I just don't have the space to stack it in my house for the next 7 years before I move out. So I'll have to wait. The good news is, I already have the amp to drive those big speakers.
    Dahraaan...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  5. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Thats a big room, mine is only 495 square feet!

SandAndGlass, Glmoneydawg and Khorn like this.
  6. Classic Car Guy

Well I guess it depends on how you listen to a speaker which goes to a personal preference. I listen to lower volume "sometimes". Most of the time I enjoy more volume.

SandAndGlass and Khorn like this.
  7. Classic Car Guy

How hard is it to have someone build a La Scala to the specs? My wife's family has workers and carpentry. The labor is quite affordable. The good news is I can get different tropical woods in the Philippines like mango or mahogany and I can have then build that cabinet. Maybe Ill just bring the whole driver kits and install it there instead of shipping it on a container. I'm not after for the name. I just want the sound and looks.

Khorn likes this.
  8. Slack

Slack Forum Resident

The modern La Scalas are very good.

Khorn likes this.
  9. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Tajo = tayo (tata, dad ~ in slang)

:edthumbs:
    An acquaintance of mine has 1 pair of RF-7III. He listens to them with amplifiers - Rotel RA-1570 and / or Cayin CS-88A. In both cases, the speakers sound exceptionally good. His room of 38 square meters is ideal for them.

Khorn likes this.
  10. Classic Car Guy

Right now its a black Friday sale if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

MikeJedi, PATB and Khorn like this.
  11. Classic Car Guy

what is the difference between those with R-820F and R-800F? Visually is like the same drivers. Just curious if its just naming a new model.

Tajo1960 and Khorn like this.
  12. Classic Car Guy

BTW:
    I bought these speakers 6 years ago brand new at JBL. Its not expensive and not the best speaker I presently have. I don't think I will sell this. First of all the height of this speaker is 44 inch tall for a 6.5 inch woofers. surprisingly even the input drive sensitivity is 89 db, My 14 watt 300b amp can easily move these speakers to work hard. Its just such an amazing and fun sounding speaker. Not to mention the bass dynamics of this tower speaker will be one of the best you'll hear. The midrange and highs is not so great as my Vienna Acoustics or Rauna's I've loved for so many years but it hold its own. Anyways when you see one of these JBL on a thrift store or locals sale, you might wanna try it. If you love tower speakers with tremendous bass dynamics, this is the one. Actually I love natural bass dynamics and never use sub woofers.
    JBL Studio 280

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Khorn, The Pinhead and Tajo1960 like this.
  13. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I left them. Found out later they didn’t sell, and so, the owner decided to keep them. (I couldn’t justify 400 at the moment, but I figured maybe I could find a way to justify 200.)

Khorn and Classic Car Guy like this.
  14. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Tajo = tayo (tata, dad ~ in slang)

I don't know all the details. I had an RP-280F, not the 800(0) series.
    I see that the "8" series has a slightly higher frequency range than the RP-280F. 32Hz vs 35Hz, +/-3db.
    It has a different base and legs... that's what I see at first glance.

For other details, it would be good to see the specification sheet.

Khorn and Classic Car Guy like this.
  15. Classic Car Guy

there is one selling close to my house in the pacific northwest. La Scala set. Its very tempting. I just don't have the place to put it ..yet.

Khorn, The Pinhead, MikeJedi and 2 others like this.
  16. Classic Car Guy

17. Classic Car Guy

Suggestion:
    Almost ready to pull the trigger on any pair of these. Any differences or better suggestion you see between the two?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------------------------- OR --------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Khorn likes this.
  18. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

The 8000 are the previous iteration with the old tweeter and the single rear port. The 800 has the new horn and I guess dual rear ports. Yet not sure.

19. Classic Car Guy

Those bookshelf / near wall speakers surprisingly put a lot of bass in such a small package. I bought a brand new set from fires when they were closing but I never opened it till my friend bought it from me. I was blown away...

Frank Bisby and Khorn like this.
  20. Classic Car Guy

Still thinking about these.. I really like the size of the cabinet, the 8 inch woofer size and bass reflex design which is perfect for my setup and I don't use subs. I tried using a zu cabinet with 10 inch speaker. Its just too loud for me.
    Exciting right now for my new custom made amp is all done and just came in last Saturday.

[​IMG]

Frank Bisby, The Pinhead and MikeJedi like this.
  21. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

The RP-8000 is from the Reference Premier line, the R-800 is their lower Reference Line of speakers which are not near as good. Do more research on both.

22. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

So they're replacing the old Synergy line? Those weren't too shabby either.

Khorn likes this.
  23. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

I’d better never bring a pair of these home or game over!

[​IMG]

24. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Only??

Ntotrar, Khorn and The Pinhead like this.
  25. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

Synergy Black Label are still on the Klipsch website with two models, don't know if they're replacing those in 2023.