What's your latest vinyl purchase?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wired4Fun, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

Also at Vinyl Store today.
    Eldortado a Symphony by the Electric Light Orchestra JETLP203 vinyl JET Records
    in as new for £7.
    Also ELO Face The Music JET201 in mint. Condition for £7,great day,great vinyl.

Christopher B and Trace like this.
  2. LarryP

LarryP Soul Singing

two Joni Mitchell LPs - Ladies of the Canyon and The Hissing of Summer Lawns

Rickchick, notesofachord and A6mzero like this.
  3. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

The 4 Eno Ambient releases...

[​IMG]

notesofachord likes this.
  4. Carter DeVries

Carter DeVries Forum Resident

Stones - Beggar’s Banquet 50th
    Kate Bush - Remastered On Vinyl I & II

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    alan967tiger and Floyd Crazy like this.
  5. Floyd Crazy

Just arrived playing it now.
    Kate Bush Hounds Of Love reissue Remastered 180g Heavyweight Vinyl.German issue.
    Amazon Prime £17.99p, Sounds wonderful on first playing.

6. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

As if the deluge of Special Deluxe Editions lately is not enough, through some, OK, financed by a lot of album wheelin` `n` dealin` I`ve bought the most new vinyl in the last week than I ever have. As a bonus I also have storage space thanks to the departures.
    So here`s the new comers;

All albumsbelow by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard released today by Flightless Records also.and althoigh I`m not usually bothered by coloured vinyl, all 5 albums came in different coloured vinyl, shipped out of their sleeves to prevent damage to the sleeves. You can tell Flightless Records must be an outfit who care by a touch like that but the inner & outer sleeves are all high quality and contain beautiful psychedelic artwork. Did I say they also sound great. No DR ratings, I have a life to lead.
    12 Bar Bruise
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
    Eyes Like The Sky
    Oddments
    Willoughby`s Beach 12" E.P.

Ryley Walker: The Lillywhite Sessions,
    not played this yet but I`ve enjoyed all his output so far.
    The Beatles: The White Album S.E. 4LP Box Set. I really like this version of The White Album, Giles Martin has done a great job. The naysayers are wrong IMO. The pressings are faultless, the Esher Demos superb.
    The Skiffle Players: Piffle Sayers
    The Skiffle Players: Skiff...bought both albums without hearing a tune but I like music associated with Neal Casal. I wasn`t wrong, great Americana.
    Bob Dylan: More Blood, More Tracks, I`ve finally got a fault free copy at last. I had to send 2 copies back. Any sane person will know what`s on the album is superb.
    Tom Petty: Live Anthology. I`ve rested getting this because I already have the SDE LP/CD/Bluray Box Set but I`ve been on the Tom Petty threads on here and reading other guys/gals reports on the quality of the 7LP has had me thinking should I/shouldn`t I. When I came across a new sealed copy for £90 that was it.

jamo spingal and Floyd Crazy like this.
  7. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Awaiting on my White album, 4 lp set. Should be here later today.

8. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

The new vinyl issues by Margot & the Nuclear So & So's were a must for me. "Animal" is on solid blue vinyl, "Not Animal" is pink and "Vulgar in the Chapel", the "Animal"/"Not Animal" demos LP is on pink/clear grayish splatter. I've only played "Animal" and the demos LP so far but all have been flat and beautifully quiet pressings. (I'm trying smaller images on this post. Hope they are still easily visible)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

10. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Police boxset

Xander2017 likes this.
  11. Floyd Crazy

Got Today HMV.
    Jean Michel Jarre Equinoxe Infinity 180g
    Vinyl German issue had to get vinyl as well as cd £21.99p.
    Stunning Quality.

12. jc1027

jc1027 Forum Resident

Waiting on a copy of Them: Now And Them, which should arrive USPS today or Monday

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  13. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Picked up complete Japanese versions of Led Zeppelin III, In Through the Out Door, and Coda yesterday. It's always fun to find stuff like that in the neighborhood record store.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  14. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

Nicholas Krgovich - "Ouch"

15. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

16. MBF74

MBF74 Active Member

Stones- 50th Beggars Banquet,and voodoo lounge uncut. All 4 of the faces albums. Sun records compilation album.

17. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Heard today that after 2 years preorder my Mofi Breakfast In America will be shipping. Yay

maui jim likes this.
  18. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Chris Cornell comp double disc

19. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

20. steviebee

steviebee Always playing Ese and The Vooduu People

Had a splash out after some overtime:

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland, US Reprise pressing late 1970s, plus 50th Anniversary boxset, US pressing, on the way.

Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill

Kate Bush 2018 remasters - Never For Ever, The Dreaming, The Red Shoes

Charles Mingus - Dynasty, 1966 CBS two eye mono

Santana - Abraxas, Columbia Masterworks Half-Speed

The Roches s/t

Velvet Underground & Nico, Verve remaster

Now I just need time to play em all :)

21. Pet Sounds Mono 1966,Stereo 1966(NO Duophonic),Aretha Franklin Lady Soul MONO(2).

22. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I don’t often buy from discog sellers but when I really want something and the record shows and thrift stores aren’t working I will sometimes order and then to offset shipping costs add a few $1-3 records. I’ve been looking for New Riders Adventures of Panama Red with no luck so I ordered a VG+ copy along with Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors, David Grissman Quintet Swingin’ with Svend, Sarah Vaughan Sweet, Sultry and Swinging, & Jonathan Edwards Lucky Day. Two are “near mint”, two are “very good +” and one is”very good “. That of course translates to two VG+, two VG and one G. I got these for .75 to $2 each ($5.75 + $5 shipping) for total cost of $10.75, or $2.15 each.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  23. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This beautiful album's first time on vinyl <3
    Great quality, nicely done matte cardboard gatefold, plastic record sleeves. I'll have to get a translation of the inside though, they could've added a sheet of paper with the translation but whtvs

24. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Cast - The Vinyl Collection 1995-2001
    Kate Bush - Remastered box set 1
    Yazoo - Four Pieces
    XTC - Skylarking 200g
    The Clash - S/T 2016
    The Clash - London's Calling 2013

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  25. David-Shea

David-Shea Toastmaster General

Went to my favorite record store, Music Connection, yesterday and got the following:

1. Montrose- Mean
    2. Free- Fire & Water
    3. Jean-Michel Jarre- Oxygene

Floyd Crazy likes this.