What's your latest vinyl purchase?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wired4Fun, Jul 5, 2017.

1. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

2. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Did you get it already or has your order been cancelled (I suppose not since you wrote "on the way"). I guess you noticed the trouble with the wrong cover. Stylotone wrote that they will change the gatefold sleeve and therefore orders will be delayed but at least in Germany this edition is being sold with the wrong cover from "The Birds".

Amazon.co.uk just cancelled my order telling me "that this item is no longer available". This is especially unfortunate because I used a promotional voucher that I won't get back. The preorder price is gone as well. I guess I will pass on this release now.

If you have it already could you tell me about how it sounds and if you're satisfied with the set?

3. gmcjj

gmcjj Forum Resident

I just bought a first pressing of John and Yoko's Double Fantasy that has the wrong track order on the back of the lp. The correct order is on the disc, I just happened to find a copy in a local vinyl shop.

4. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Like everyone else that pre-ordered it (Superdeluxeedition.com), it has been delayed because of the cover issue until June from May. Preorders will get an extra image insert as a token of the delay problem.

fabre likes this.
  5. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Okay, thanks. I didn't know that you ordered from SDE. I've been following the topic there and had hoped that amazon would just change the date. Well, they didn't.

6. GyroSE

GyroSE Forum Resident

I recently visited a local record fair and did a couple of nice findings:

• Rico: Man from Wareika- UK first pressing in excellent shape and after I got it I discovered that it actually is the version with the misprinted label.
    • David Bowie: Low- the green label RCA International pressing in NM condition, I also have a UK first pressing and I'm very curious about how the green RCA sounds compared to the UK original.
    • Mott the Hoople: All The Young Dudes- UK first pressing in great condition- I'm curious about how this album sounds.
    • Iggy Pop: The Idiot- UK first pressing, the record was dirty and dusty but after a thorough cleaning on my Okki Nokki a shiny record in great condition surfaced. This is actually the first time I've ever seen an UK first pressing of this album live so I snatched it directly. So now I've a complete UK pressed duo; The Idiot and Lust for Life- I'm so happy to have both of these great albums as original UK first pressings!
    • Elton John: Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player- UK first pressing on that translucent red vinyl manufactured in the PYE pressing plant all those years ago. I've been looking for such a pressing for a long time so it feels great when I finally held it in my hand and now to have it on my record shelf.
    • Bunny Wailer: Sings The Wailers- UK first pressing in great shape, it may not be his best album but I really like the songs on this album.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  7. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Received word today that it will be available late May.

fabre likes this.
  8. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Thanks for the information!
    And now, probably less than 24 hours after cancelling my order amazon.co.uk is having this set in stock (don't know about the cover) selling at about £15 more than I would have paid. They must take me for a fool. :mad:

9. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

Jeffreson Airplane Bless It's Pointed Little Head Alive At The Fillmore East And West used lp

Johnny Vinyl and Floyd Crazy like this.
  10. UK 1st pressing Iron Maiden debut

11. Victrollin'

Victrollin' Forum Resident

"Frank Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim", 2017 Universal/UMe re-issue. Sounds fantastic. I also picked up the UMe "In the Wee Small Hours" re-issue a month ago, which is also suburb.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  12. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

Fleetwood Mac: 1969-1072 box set. Danny Kerwan.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  13. Cervelo

Cervelo Forum Resident

Joe Henderson - The State of the Tenor Live At The Village Vanguard Volume 2 . BT-85126 Blue Note Records Tone Poet Series.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  14. Wayne Bull

Wayne Bull Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Direct to disc version and it sounds awesome.

Just done a vinyl rip as well which Im very happy with.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

From this weeks Amazon/Wal Mart incredible pricing deals

The Clash - Hits Back
    Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
    Beatles - 2017 Sgt. Peppper
    Elo - Out Of The Blue

Johnny Vinyl and maui jim like this.
  16. DLD

DLD Senior Member

17. bluecase

bluecase Forum Resident

Also from this weeks Amazon/Walmart incredible pricing deals

Faith No More - Angle Dust (MOV)
    Depeche Mode - Violater
    Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark (Rhino - They were getting blown out for $6.93!)

Johnny Vinyl and DLD like this.
  18. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

19. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I also pre-ordered Marnie from Amazon-UK and am having doubts that it will be fulfilled. At one time there were 2 Marnie listings, one is the one that you referred to that is currently selling for £45.40 and the other one has the ASIN: B01LA64Q9I. This one is NOT the 7" EP. At the time, it was selling for a lot less than the one that's currently available, about £35 (I don't remember the exact price because VAT was subtracted). I took a chance with the hopes that it was a correct listing, but so far it doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well.

20. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

A6mzero and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  21. dharma bum

dharma bum Forum Resident

Shannon Shaw - Shannon in Nashville

22. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Re: ASIN: B01LA64Q9I
    This is exactly the release I was talking about. It was about £35 and in March, when I preordered the LP, there was some promotion where £5 were deducted for orders over £25. I find it irritating to put it mildly that amazon just tells me that they're unable to source the article while at the same time they are selling it at a heavily marked-up price. That's just shoddy business practice.

I had a similar case not long ago with another soundtrack on vinyl. That wasn't amazon but JPC in Germany. In the end I decided to take my business elsewhere. The soundtrack of "The ninth gate" was released twice by Silva Screen Music. The first pressing was on coloured vinyl - so called flaming vinyl. It was a false pressing and in my mind sounds awful but is being sold anyway but considerably discounted. There has been a 2nd pressing on black vinyl that should sound much better. This one is being sold at the usual price.
    I ordered the black version and received the flaming vinyl twice despite writing to customer service. After 4 weeks of emails and returns I gave up. Not only did they refuse to acknowledge that there was a false pressing but they also did not pass on the discount for that awful sounding release. Instead it was much too expensive, almost 35€!

I know that it won't matter to them but I stopped ordering. Does no one care about their customers anymore?

23. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride

Can't resist a doubleo_O

Gaslight likes this.
  24. y531ly5

y531ly5 Forum Resident

• Monolord - Vaenir (black smokey pressing)
    • Blink 182 - self titled (pink remastered pressing)
    • The Pilgrim - Walking Into The Forest (splattered pressing)
    • Pelican - What We All Come To Need (red pressing)

on the way to track down If This Trees Could Talk - Red Forest (white/oxblood first pressing)

25. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Local second-hand vinyl store this afternoon

Heads, Hands & Feet - Old Soldiers Never Die
    Gerry Rafferty - Nightowl (long been waiting to complete my Gerry vinyl collection, not quite there but nearly)
    Randy Crawford - Raw Silk
    Joan Armatrading - Show Some Emotion, Back To The Night, Me Myself I
    The Christians - The Christians (owned this on cassette 30 years back, loved the singles, never got around to buying on cd, my interest rekindled as the current Top of The Pops repeats on BBC4 now at 1987 and loving hearing the singles from this album again.)

Floyd Crazy likes this.