When can you listen to music at home?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sear, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Easy, or you love her as the person she is (someone, who apparently does not share your passion for music) or you don't. If you don't, well then things could start to get complicated... To be honest, I don't understand these types of threads. Music is one of the main joys of my life. I simply cannot imagine to fall in love with a person who doesn't share or at the least accepts this passion of mine and actually I never did.

zphage likes this.
  2. Sear

Sear Dad rocker Thread Starter

Well she accepts it. It's just that she asks me to turn the volume down or use headphones

Tim 2 likes this.
  3. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

Well I listen when ever I like but
    Mostly in the evenings for about 4 hours+
    I have a man cave to retreat too.
    My family are ok with that they watch tv
    and I play vinyl.
    Also I work part time in a Vintage Record Store so I get 10 hours more a week on top.
    So I am lucky really.

Tim 2 and DME1061 like this.
  4. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I lived the cool life of a married man (and father) for 27 years.
    I wasn't unhappy, but I wanted to move on and since 2017 I'm leaving alone.....
    ...and boy what an eye-opener this has been !
    I can do whatever I want and listen to whatever I please, whenever I please.
    Simple as that.

Tim 2, Power Windows and monoman like this.
  5. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

Anytime between 9 & 21:30 when I'm at home as I don't see any point in using headphones as I get a strong urge to sing along to music & have to think about the next door neighbours. If there's a thunderstorm or fireworks are going off though I forget this & play music anyway because I'm scared of thunder & fireworks.

6. Sear

Good life!

Tim 2 likes this.
  7. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I can play any music anytime I want- my wife has said so numerous times. But because my tastes are fairly broad and tend more toward the wild side and she is more into more relaxed music, I'm sometimes left feeling a bit shy about playing a lot of what I like when she is around. But then, I thought she didn't like Coltrane and I was playing some A Love Supreme the other night and she said, "You could have put that on out here (on the speakers in the living room). I should have realized she would be offended by that piece!

Tim 2 likes this.
  8. Sear

Yes I'm a little bit shy too.. I'm in a hardcore punk rush and I just play it when I'm alone!

Brian Lux likes this.
  9. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

My wife and I share the same musical tastes. I could not have married anyone who was not into the music I am into. We play lots and lots of music on the weekends at home. On weekday evenings, not as much.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  10. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

It can be frustrating when you're really in the mood to hear some Social Distortion or The Clash or Rancid, or some free jazz like Ayler or Sun Ra and you know it's not going to go over well in the household! I guess that's where some good headphones come in to play. Only problem for me that was is, there are so many choices, I have yet to figure out what to get!

Tim 2 likes this.
  11. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

I'm a lonely single guy, so I can listen to music at home whenever I want. But I'd very much prefer to have a wife or girlfriend, regardless of how much tolerance she has for my taste in music.

Tim 2 and frightwigwam like this.
  12. Jamsterdammer

Jamsterdammer The Great CD in the Sky

I live happily and blissfully alone, but like to listen to music at high volume, so I do all my listening (3-4 hours per day) on headphones, mostly in the evenings as I don't watch TV.

13. street legal

street legal Senior Member

:laugh:

I feel your pain, brother. The part about us not liking any of the same music anyway. But I listen to however much I want, whenever I want. Fortunately, I don’t take orders from anyone. Just the man who signs my paycheck.

14. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

I listen to my music whenever my wife starts nagging,which is everyday..luckily I have a big collection.

15. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Luckily I live in a cabin in the middle of the woods so anytime is a great time to crank it up! Nice change from years of apartment living.

16. DeafAsAPost

DeafAsAPost Well-Known Member

I generally play music, at the volume I like, when my partner is out. She works with special needs children, so often just needs to chill in peace and quiet after a stressful day. I turn it down or off when she comes home because her idea of loud is very different to mine. Same with her musical taste. However, she can surprise me. We were watching an episode of Cold Case and I was listening for the tracks they used in the background. They usually choose music that is authentic to to the flashback sequences. European Son came on and I commented on it. She replied that she liked it. Didn't expect that!

17. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I too am a member of The Headphones Gang
    Loud as I wish when I wish listening to what I wish.
    My wife says I'm ignoring her sometimes.I'm not ignoring you , honey. I'm listening to some music.Go watch a movie and I'll see you later.

Tim 2, Power Windows and frightwigwam like this.
  18. Sear

My partner says I'm living in a bubble with my music

19. Humbler

Humbler Forum Resident

A lot of women including my wife love Bowie and Prince. BUT, we both worked in the music biz for many years so she listens, I listen and we listen together. When our kids were young she would blast Lust For Life in the car on the way to school. The kids loved singing along to "Here Comes Success".

DTK, Totti is god, DME1061 and 2 others like this.
  20. Wildest cat from montana

My wife plays music , sings along at times and dances to it other times. She enjoys this.
    I listen to music.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  21. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

I listen & sing along. I only dance when drunk.

22. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

When I'm at home.

23. Wildest cat from montana

Ditto , daddy-o !
    My wife has zero interest in my interest in music.

Tim 2 and Dennis Metz like this.
  24. Lynivevoli

Lynivevoli No pressure, No diamonds....

Whenever the voices are not speaking to me....

25. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Since March, all day every day whilst working from home! Second turntable set up right next to my work station... bliss!

(Now if only I could get all these damn zoom calls out of my calendar for maximum record spinning time...)

Thorpy and Sound of the Suburbs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.