When ImportCDs Says, "Ships In 5-10 Days," They Mean....

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by SteelyTom, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident Thread Starter

....In their new parlance, 'it's out of stock.'. Meaning, don't count on 5 or even 10 days, we'll get it when we get it and ship it unless we've cancelled your order in the meantime.

Right?

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Right

There are a few titles in my wishlist that have shown "Ships in 5 to 10 Days" for over a month now.

3. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

That's right. Unfortunately.

I never know when to pull the trigger. My cart never has everything in stock at the same time. If I wait then something comes in-stock but something else goes out of stock. As you already know though, if you order something that's out of stock it may get shipped soon after the rest of the order or it may get cancelled. Very messed up, IMO.

4. You can typically get an accurate account of their current inventory if you add the same item they sell on Amazon's marketplace to your cart. That is a much better indicator of what they have in stock, since Amazon holds their third party sellers accountable for shipping items out relatively quickly. If an item is not listed on Amazon by ImportCDs, that means it is not in current inventory.;)

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yup, and I just posted a $30.00 deal in the Waylon Bear Family thread too. BTW, Import CDs estimates 3 weeks for me to receive, even though DHL just got it.

6. Electric

This may or may not be related but FWIW ImportCDs doesn't always sell at their site what they sell at Amazon.

7. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam

Furthermore, they cancel orders that they cannot fulfill automatically after one month without notifying you as such. At least, this happened in my case. It sort of stings because they give you a shipping fee break on orders of multiple CDs but it doesn't work out as well, in the break down, if they can't fullfill the entire order (you get charged the base fee up front). That said, I've generally had a very good experience with ImportCDs. They're prices are great for the most part and if in stock they are very efficient and shipping in materials that actually protects the merchandise (unlike say MovieMars in which a broken jewel case is a guarantee with each and every order).

8. Electric

Yes, I try to maximize the $5.00 base fee to Canada too, + $1.99 on each CD. If they didn't have the base fee I'd order any time I felt like it.

9. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

Interesting - thanks for the info. On another note, ordered "in-stock" vinyl from them 2 weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive. I actually ordered something from UK Amazon around the same time, and that item has beaten it here! Pretty sad.

10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

That's good advice :thumbsup:
    I ordered something from them yesterday via Amazon Marketplace (it wasn't even listed on their ImportCDs site) and it shipped in under 24 hours.

11. Myke

This has been sitting in a DHL waehouse for the last 5 days...just left. See, I knew this going in, as I posted above. It was the price that snagged me. I can wait as long as it takes, but no, Import CDs is in no hurry to get you your package.

12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Mike. What is the Waylon deal? I love me some Waylon.

13. Electric

Ordered through their web site, a single CD from California just took 6 weeks to arrive to me up the coast in Vancouver. They tell me that they are working on faster delivery times and are testing different options, but not to expect an improvement right away.

14. Myke

So have I, since seeing him open for B.B. King at a benefit in 1977. Now it's Anesini boxes and Bear Family boxes, in addition to original vinyl bought back then.

15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I just ordered about 5 sacd titles from them and ended up doing it over Amazon it was actually cheaper by a few bucks.

16. aoxomoxoa

What I was wondering was what kind of deal you got. I found the thread. Wow that is a great deal. I tend to like that period best. I wish you would have ordered one for me!

17. Myke

18. aoxomoxoa

I may pick this up. Look forward to your opinion if it.

19. Myke

Fair is fair, this arrived today. A complete and total surprise since the Amazon tracking still has it just leaving Compton 2 days ago. That's 8 days from placing the order, which really isn't bad.

20. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

If paid by credit card. Will the money be deducted from my card when I place the order or when it's delivered? I refer to the "Inventory: Ships in 5-10 Days" status.

21. Electric

Credit card charged when shipped. PayPal charged when ordered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.