When You Bought An Item From A Reseller And Get Something Extra In The Package

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

I have been on a Carpenters kick as of late and have been buying the 'Remastered Classics' series from resellers like eBay and Discogs. I recently received a shipment of three cd's from someone in Illinois who uses the alias dumbrecords on Discogs. When I opened my package, in addition the the three albums there was a hand-drawn letter of the Carpenters, as well as a Star Trek trading card. I'm not sure what to think of the extras.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has ever received unexpected items in their package in addition to what they originally ordered?

[​IMG]

2. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Few times over the years
    Bought a Dream Academy cd single, the seller through in a home made DVD including the video's, live appearances, interviews etc..
    Sometimes as extra packing the sellers will throw in LP's of obscure, Lawrence Welk-ish type bands. The nicest that was thrown in was a McCartney Ebony & Ivory UK 12 inch, great b-side and non duet version.
    Most of the 'bonus' stuff though I've received is pretty much me being used as a dumping ground :laugh:
    Japan, some nice post cards, trinkets.

thnkgreen likes this.
  3. Uncle Miles

Uncle Miles Wafting in and out of Forum

I came back from the grocery store last week and found 2 bottles of barbecue sauce I didn't purchase in one of my bags.

ARK, PJayBe, Buddybud and 10 others like this.
  4. Col

Col Forum Resident

This forum's Sonnyrock sold me Double Fantasy MFSL which was a wonderful sounding disk but as an extra was the Milk and Honey polydor cd which was a revelation-SO much better than the remaster I had...a kind and decent soul.

5. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident

EEEK... AND they know where you live... ;)

6. CatchAsCan

CatchAsCan Forum Resident

That's cute. Back in the day, people used to trade from magazine ads, and sometimes they would throw in something extra or write a little more than just a packing slip.

Timothy Fiacco likes this.
  7. thnkgreen

hi_watt likes this.
  8. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Ordered a very rare Church CD (the Australian pressing of Coffee Hounds) and the seller threw in a rare Steve Kilbey solo single with it ("No Such Thing", which includes the two tracks removed from the first CD pressing of Remindlessness). I already had a copy, but I paid $25 for that one and this freebie was in better condition. Good score!

9. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

I think I was exposed to a rare strain of flu a couple years ago when I opened a package. Does that count as "something extra." Also, I have been exposed to "ingrained cigarette" and pot fumes that required outgassing.

10. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

Sometime ago I bought a used copy of the Duane Allman Anthology from an online seller. When I opened the gatefold about a half-dozen pot seeds fell out. :biglaugh:

11. I would be horrified! LOL!

12. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

That's creepy AF

Look at the bird at the bottom too....he's meeting his maker a little earlier than expected

13. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow

man, those were vintage seeds.

14. thnkgreen

:laugh:

Fullbug likes this.
  15. thnkgreen

Oh don't say that about the flu. I'm already paranoid enough about opening packages and catching covid. :sigh:

Fullbug likes this.
  16. thnkgreen

I thought about sending them back a hand drawn 'Lily With Vinyl'.... there was a time when I was trying to start a business selling my drawings.... sigh.....

https://www.fishelarts.com/project01

starfieldroad likes this.
  17. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Yeah, the deceased bird at the bottom is a Manson-esque message if I ever saw one. They might as well have written helter skelter in blood all over the picture.

Gaslight likes this.
  18. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Forum Resident

Note to self:

Never ever EVER purchase anything from this seller. :hide:

Eric_Generic, Gaslight and Fullbug like this.
  19. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This is totally creepy.
    Is he asking if one of them died recently ?

Fullbug and Uncle Miles like this.
  20. thnkgreen

Yes. I found that odd too. I mean.... there's only one of them left. Has been for a long time. I wondered if this drawing was supposed to be either funny, or maybe the person who made the drawing is legitimately mentally challenged. I'm not sure and don't want to probe further.

Fullbug and Uncle Miles like this.
  21. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

A&M should use this as a back cover image on a future compilation.

ARK, geo50000, Wordnat2 and 4 others like this.
  22. I bought a used copy of Cherie and Marie Currie's "Messin' With the Boys" vinyl at a used record store while vacationing in Florida in the late 80's. Much to my surprise, when I got back home I discovered a press kit inside the jacket - glossy b&w photo and a typewritten bio/list of quotes.
    I have to say, if I'd ever made a list of bands that should include glossy pictures of themselves with their albums, the Currie sisters would be high upon it.

Fullbug and Daryl M like this.
  23. Keam

Keam Isn't it funny how the rain gets in?

Bought a DVD on ebay once and when i opened the case, a print out of the order was inside. regular on Ebay, thought it's usually outside the item. However, on the back, he'd written a very kind message telling me he was happy I bought it and to enjoy watching it.

I am still waiting for the package, but i recently ordered a cd on bandcamp straight from the artist. niche self-release. wrote a nice note saying i loved his music and that the new album (not what I ordered, but released in 2020) was awesome. Got a mail from him saying he'd found a play copy of another album, which he would now add to the package. So I'm getting 2 for one. Perhaps there'll be more nice surprises when it arrive, who knows?

Also I think that note is funny but it might just be that I have bad humour!

ARK and Eric_Generic like this.
  24. ranking chamois

ranking chamois Forum Resident

I bought an album from a seller in Japan on eBay years back and when it arrived he'd also included a Japanese pressing of Wire's Chairs Missing album. I had noticed it in his auction when I bid on mine. I emailed in case he'd included it in error but he said it didn't get any bids so he sent it along with the one I'd won. Nice bloke!

ARK, Eric_Generic and thnkgreen like this.
  25. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I got this used as packing material from an online seller!
    [​IMG]
    18 perfect Disco tracks crammed onto a single Vinyl, it's the only Disco music I have and the only Disco album I will ever need!
    In M condition, one of the best online deals, I think it came with a Dead Kennedys vinyl I ordered :winkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.