When You Bought An Item From A Reseller And Get Something Extra In The Package

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobFan115

BobFan115 Forum Resident

.[​IMG]

Not from a reseller, but when I bought the Ornette Coleman CD New Vocabulary from System Dialing Records, they included a pack of matches with the company logo.

thnkgreen likes this.
  2. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

What is the track listing? I must know!

ARK, hi_watt and M2225 like this.
  3. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

- Chic Le Freak
    Amii Stewart Knock On Wood
    Eruption (4) One Way Ticket
    Boney M. Painter Man
    Chaka Khan I'm Every Woman
    Funkadelic One Nation Under A Groove
    Sister Sledge He's The Greatest Dancer
    Ashford & Simpson Flashback
    Rose Royce Love Don't Live Here Anymore
    Sister Sledge We Are Family
    Chic I Want Your Love
    Eruption (4) I Can't Stand The Rain
    Pointer Sisters Fire
    Rose Royce Wishing On A Star
    Candi Staton Young Hearts Run Free
    Mick Jackson Weekend
    Amii Stewart You Really Touched My Heart
    Boney M. Hooray, Hooray It's A Holi-Holiday

ARK, hi_watt and thnkgreen like this.
  4. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Whenever I've bought a CD from Sid Griffin he's always put an extra CD in. I have 3 copies of his live album!!

ARK likes this.
  5. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

If I sell some CDs or Records I usually throw in a few CD-Rs for the buyer.

6. ranking chamois

ranking chamois Forum Resident

I rather hope no one ever includes a pack of matches in any record I ever buy!

Eric_Generic likes this.
  7. thnkgreen

I once bought a boxed set produced by Rhino or Atlantic records (can't remember which) and one of the discs was scratched. I contacted their customer support and actually talked to someone on the phone (if my old brain recalls correctly, this was many years ago) and he sent me, in addition to a non-scratched version of the CD from the boxed set, he sent me a disc entitled 'The Atlantic and Atco Remasters', a simple dic in a white paper sleeve. I thought that was a nice touch.

ARK, Eric_Generic and M2225 like this.
  8. thnkgreen

Thanks!!

M2225 likes this.
  9. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Numero Group in previous years has included bonus 45s, matchbooks, trading cards etc.

10. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I bought an old Bill Graham Fillmore West poster on ebay for $50. The seller rolled it in another old scrap poster for packing in the tube. The scrap paper was the Tanglewood poster. It was ripped and creased, in poor condition. I didn't like it anyway, so I listed it on ebay for $15 just for fun. There was a surprising amount of interest, and despite the condition, it eventually sold for over $1,225.00. I was shocked, and if the guy who gave it away to me for free only knew...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    ARK and sharedon like this.
  11. STGATX

STGATX Forum Resident

For some reason, I had lost/misplaced/lent out my CD copy of Metallica's "Kill 'Em All." Had to buy a replacement copy and ended up finding on cheap on SecondSpin (seriously, RIP too). Opened up the package and found that I'd been gifted the bonus track reissue of that album. Not a bonus per say, but I was thrilled to get it and at a crazy low price.

The other one isn't a real bonus either, but it made me laugh when I got the package. My son's been binge watching the Simpsons and I found 2 cds with a lot of the songs from the show. When the package arrived, the seller had written "#GoIsotopes" on the back of the mailer.

ARK likes this.
  12. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I purchased a used book on eBay, it was one in a series of five. The sender went ahead and sent all five books in the series. Her note said that nobody had shown any interest in over a year so why not just go ahead and send them to someone who would enjoy them. Very nice person!

13. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This is a bit off-topic but...
    When I was a young teen and just starting to buy albums I kept a list of ones I wanted to get .
    Back in the early 70s I read a review if Ron Nagle ' s ' Bad Rice ' which interested me so on the list it went.
    The list got added to and titles were bought and others were removed and it grew and shrank but over the coming years I could never find ' Bad Rice '.
    Years went but but no luck. I found out it was deleted so that didn't help the cause.
    Looked in thrift shops and used record shops in many cities. No dice with ' Bad Rice '
    Then I finally saw it for sale on eBay. Minimum auction bid was $20. Put in my bid for that amount and was the successful bidder.
    Came in the mail in a couple of weeks.
    I was so pleased and excited to finally have this record ! I wrote a letter to the seller telling him my tale.
    He replied in a nasty and testy e-mail that he was pissed that there were no other higher bids for the album. He was expecting much more for it.
    What a douche.
    By the way , the album was just alright , no masterpiece.

thnkgreen likes this.
  14. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Bought a NZ copy of The Specials self-titled debut, took it home and found it had a bonus copy of the Live! EP inside. Very handy if my beloved UK original ever falls apart.

Also love getting contemporary fliers inside the sleeve. My copy of ABBA's The Visitors has a send-away form for 'ABBA Army' merch! 2 quid for a 1982 calendar! My Achtung Baby had a newspaper review of it inside the sleeve.

15. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Maybe not exactly on topic, but I ordered an Isidore T-shirt from Jeffrey Cain's official web store. They didn't have the color I wanted in my size, so they gave me a different color and, to make up for the inconvenience, added a Dead Snares T-shirt, three sealed CDs (including a Remy Zero promo), a sealed 7" EP, and a bunch of stickers. That was very cool of them. Any time I see the letters COV in a row, I think of the generosity of Communicating Vessels long before I think of the thing that piggybacked on its name just a month or two later.

16. thnkgreen

LOL I thought you were going to end the story with ‘turns out the seller was Ron Nagle and he signed the album’ or something like that.

17. thnkgreen

You reminded me how I once bought a copy of the Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia and the seller had inserted a very good article about Ms. Holiday from the local newspaper.

ARK likes this.
  18. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Not so much these days - I got an ancient Shirley Bassey LP to pad out a batch of Fields Of The Nephilim LP's I ordered last week, and a Finitribe LP with some Nitzer Ebb 12"s. Though not a reseller, best one I ever got was from Mutebank when Mute was actually a label : I ordered a couple of rare Moby 12"s (he'd release obscure 12"s under the alias' Voodoo Child, DJ Cake, Lopez, UHF, Brainstorm and similar) and they send me the tour only Live At The Splash Club Moby CD, a whole bunch of stickers, several Moby posters, beermats, and similar stuff. The strange thing is when I went to pick it up from the sorting office, they'd sent me the posters rolled - not folded - and totally unexpected, in a separate package.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  19. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Had to sell a buncha albums long ago. It was just one of those things.
    Anyway one was ' Meaty Beaty Big and Bound ' , the great Who compilation. I had cut out the Pete Townshend penned review of it from Rolling Stone and put it in the album cover.
    I wonder if whoever would up with it appreciated it?

sharedon, drift and thnkgreen like this.
  20. motownmaniac

motownmaniac Forum Resident

A few years ago I bought a couple of Roy Orbison records from someone in Kentucky off of ebay and they sent me
    an original copy of Johnny Rivers - At the Whisky a' Go Go in vg+ condition as a bonus . Such a nice thing to do .
    Problem was that it had been opened and inspected roughly and when it arrived the record was in a few pieces .
    I still have the cover and have been meaning to get a copy . Sent the seller a thank you message but didn't have the
    heart to tell him what happened .

drift likes this.
  21. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I've gotten some extra records recently because junk records are cheaper than nice precut 12" squares of cardboard. I bought a folkish record once and the guy threw in a Pushead poster. That was a long time ago, maybe it's worth something now!

22. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

When I sell some of my Rush or Dream Theater collection. I usually try to throw a little something extra in. Mostly it's nothing major but I do like to show appreciation if it's a fellow fan.

STGATX and drift like this.
  23. barnabyjames1

barnabyjames1 Forum Resident

Bought a prestine original pressing of Ace Frehleys solo Record(the '78 release) for $6 w/ the Shrink wrap still on it. Took it out just to make sure the record was in good shape(it was). Got home, opened it up again & a prestine original '78 poster was inside too. :)

Also(From Amoeba Hollywood): A prestine copy of VH- WACF(w/ the banned poster) for $8

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.