Where Are You Buying Your Records & CDs From

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Omron, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Forum Resident

Rubbing alcohol will sanitize CD's...soap and water will do the same for vinyl (without damaging the vinyl).

2. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Bull Moose. Their sale prices have fallen off a bit but they’re still shipping quick. I started buying from them when amazon started their “everything you buy, add two weeks shipping because you need to have prime” crusade.

3. Cld23

Cld23 Active Member

If you get a chance, check out TOVAG (The Original Vinyl Auction Group) on Facebook. All of the sellers are backed and still getting orders out constantly. Tons of stuff and since it's auction style, tons of great deals. Many of the sellers are also small shop owners or independent sellers so you're supporting them through this tough time too.
    The Original Vinyl Auctions Group (TOVAG)

Gregalor likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’ve been buying from them to help them keep the doors open. Not a ton, but a couple of modest purchases above the $30 free shipping level.

Nice Marmot likes this.
  5. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Excepting Amazon, eBay, and Discogs, what other online retailers offer used CDs? Specifically, I'm trying to find something like Second Spin (RIP), that offers bulk buying and free shipping. Other than Decluttr, I'm kind of drawing a blank.

6. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

Buying cd’s from Discogs and EBay. Supported local Easy Street Records by
    Buying online and picking up at the shop

black sheriff likes this.
  7. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

Don't know if this is a dead thread but thought I'd put in my two cents. Since going inside to quarantine mid-march I have been staying in shopping on eBay and receiving product pretty regularly up until just recently. Up to this date I've ordered separately and in large groups or medium groups 132 CDs.

Up until a couple weeks things have been going really well as far as receiving things shipped to me. Now because a couple shipments have been hung up it leads me to pause and wonder if I should stop buying all together. I actually decided yesterday to have a moratorium on buying. But a few shipments came today which renewed my faith, and sellers have been contacting me to give me better deals. It's like a drug I can't quit. But on average I've been buying my CDs for between $4 and $6 each.

Someone told me once buy what no one wants for the market will turn and you will be ahead. I'm being very selective in what I'm buying and it's all seems to be super phenomenal stuff. I mean Target CDs, West German and Japanese for America CDs. Rare hard-to-find CDs. People are just literally throwing the stuff away and for a couple dollars I can pick it up I'll be happy to do that.

8. Omron

Omron Forum Resident Thread Starter

Storage- Space the final frontier .:yikes:

9. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

For some but other is having unlimited space and unlimited funds to fill that space. I'm just trying to be practical when I make a purchase how much or how willing am I to listen to this music over and over. I just don't want to buy a CD just to possess it I want to use it and enjoy it as much as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.