Where Do You Get Your Dcc/mofi's, People?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antonkk, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

You know, I 'd love to get a few titles, esp. Steve's work (McCartneys, Made in Japan etc) but in Moscow they are either impossible to find or the prices are totally crazy ($170 - 200 for MacCartney for example!!!). I mean, I'm sure this stuff is really good but that much money for a CD... Are there any good places on the web and what are the "reasonable" prices?

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

I've gotten the one's I didn't have from Ebay.

mud-

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Forum Resident

Ebay & Half.com for me. Not that I have very many.

4. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

ebay for me too. I only have a couple...I simply can't justify the purchase most of the time. I mean sure most of they are quite good but even then the prices does *not* justify it, IMO, when I can buy many other CD's just for the price of one special gold one.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Forum Resident

I know what you mean. I've almost bit on a couple of higher priced DCC's & just couldn't do it.

6. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Ebay, half, and amazon are where I've bought almost every single gold CD I own. I started buying gold CDs after they became out of print, so I've never bought one from a store in meatspace. Actually, while I probably have bought hundreds of CDs over the past 2 years, I don't think I've bought a single one of those in meatspace.

7. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I think eBay, half.com, and amazon.com are really your only sources, antonkk. Gold discs have been out-of-print too long, and store stock has been depleted by speculators.

8. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Don't forget the classified here. I've gotten more than a few here from other members at very reasonable prices. :thumbsup:

9. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

I've picked up the more common ones available from The Warehouse and Amoeba Records (used, of course). All the others from some very helpful members of this forum (Thanks guys!) and Ebay. Not that I have very many either. :)

10. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Since I don't buy records, I have been pursuing gold CDs and high-res to satiate my sound quality pleasure. I've been on a real DCC/Mofi bender in the past and it was all on e-bay: Aqualung, three Doors CDs, Rush, Cream, Bonnie Raitt, Van Halen, Queen, Jeff Beck, etc.

And I can easily justify the cost right now as I'm listening to a horrible Verve remaster of a Cliff Brown/Max Roach album. This music absolutely deserves better treatment and I would pay a pretty penny to hear it properly. Even though I'm enjoying the music, I know it would be that much better with a quality master.

I was also lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) enough to have found my first batch of jazz DCCs in a used CD section. That was my intro into the fabulously sounding and costly world of audiphile CDs...

11. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.