Where is my $10.00 gift card on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by helter, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helter

helter Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=280441&highlight=amazon

So a member started the thread above which lead to a link to purchase a $10.00 gift card for $5.00 from Amazon local????

I was charged but the credit doesn't show up anywhere on my Amazon account.

The only way to access this card is to go back to the link on this Hoffman thread.

What is going on?

Is there two Amazon companies?

2. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Go to https://local.amazon.com/, log in and select Your Vouchers. Your voucher code will appear there. Then you can apply it to your Amazon account.

3. helter

So it's a $10 gift card that doesn't show up in my gift card balance on Amazon?

The only way I found this was to go back to the original link provided on the Hoffman thread.

Why isn't my voucher code saved on my Amazon account?

4. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I can't answer the "why" question, but this is not unlike several other discount schemes that are on the internet, like Eversave, Groupon, Living Social, etc. Whenever they sell you a discounted voucher, the code appears at the site you bought it from. I would assume that "Amazon Local" is probably outsourced to one of these sorts of companies, but I don't know that for sure.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's no different than receiving the paper "gift certificate" in snail mail...I always had to go to my account, and apply the code myself there too.

No big deal.

6. helter

Yeah, it's seems like a little bit of a scam.
    If I didn't remember the Hoffman thread and the link provided, I would have no idea how to get the voucher code #. Since this information is no where to be found on my Amazon account.

When I purchased the gift card, I assumed it would be stored in my Amazon account with the rest of my Amazon history details.

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

It's not a scam. You should have gotten an email with explicit instructions on how to apply the balance to your account.

8. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

No scam here - dkmonroe is correct. I had no problem applying it to my Amazon account. Copy your code from AmazonLocal (click "Your Vouchers", then "view promotion code"), then go to your Amazon account, click on "Apply a Gift Card to Your Account", and paste the code and click "Apply to your account".

View attachment 219976
    View attachment 219977
    View attachment 219978

9. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

No problem applying the code once I went back to local.amazon.com, but I'm glad someone started this thread. I had forgotten about it.

10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

The email I received after I purchased the deal gave clear instructions as to how to claim the credit on Amazon. Not sure why anyone would think this is a scam.

11. floyd

floyd Senior Member

thanks for the thread I forgot about the code too.

12. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

This , it's like if someone bought you an e-gift card & emailed it to you it does not show up in your account til you enter it in .
    also you should be getting emails for the local amazon deal place daily ?

13. Ditto.

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I share the confusion as to why amazon local deals don't show up in your regular amazon account, but it's definitely not a scam. They'll even send you a reminder about your purchase if you haven't used it in a month or so...

15. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

Mine was fine -- the key here is finding that email that you should have gotten. Maybe check your spam filter?

16. helter

That's part of my beef. I almost forgot about it because nothing was stored in my account.
    I willing to bet they will make thousands on people who forget about this

I do love Amazon though:)

17. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

The same reason your Amazon UK orders don't show on Amazon.com; it's a seperate company/division. If you want to see all your Amazon Local orders you log in there. The fact that it was an Amazon gift card is irrelevant.

18. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

:agree:

Yep, that's the simplest way to explain it.

With Amazon gift codes that you receive as gifts, or get via one of these social coupon deals, or earn as a reward for answering surveys or using Bing.com, you will quickly learn to always look for the alphanumeric code with multiple hyphens.

Then go to www.amazon.com/gc and look for the "Have a gift card? Apply to your account" link... Once you click on that (you might have to login for security), you should see a box to copy/paste that code into. Then your balance is immediately updated if the code is accepted.

After you've received enough of those Amazon gift codes, that alphanumeric hyphenated strings of characters will become familiar and easily recognizable, like an old friend who's stopped by to give you some money. :)

Craig.

19. It was certainly not a scam, even a little, it was $5 for a little bit of time. I spent mine very quickly and would buy one everyday if I could. I recently purchased PlayOn/PlayLater software which included a $65 Amazon gift card to purchase a Roku 2 HD. I don't want a Roku anything but I wanted the PlayOn/PlayLater software and $65 to spend at Amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.