Which airs first? Jeopardy or Wheel Of Fortune?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, May 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

Here in Southern New England it's been Jeopardy at 7 and Wheel at 7:30 since the 80s.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Zeroninety

Zeroninety Forum Resident

I'm curious about arrangements for those of us who live in the Central Time Zone. Here, prime time begins at 7:00 PM, so syndicated programs have only a possible half-hour to lead into prime time programs after the 6 PM news. In my market, Oklahoma City, Wheel comes on at 6:30 on the ABC affiliate, while Jeopardy! is relegated to 3 PM on the NBC affiliate.

(When King of the Hill was on, they were usually so good at getting local and regional details right that the rare cases they got something wrong stood out all the more. In one episode, Bobby complains "Dang it, it's 7:30! I'm missing the Wheel!" Not in Texas, you're not, Bobby--it's prime time there! ;) ).

3. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

Wherever I lived it was always Jeopardy first Wheel of Fortune second. Didn't matter if it was Placentia, Fullerton or now in Bakersfield. I naturally assumed it was like this all over the world. I can't even imagine a place that airs the Wheel first and Jeopardy second. Just seems wrong and somehow alien to me. Plus it's always been a CBS show.

4. GT40sc

GT40sc Senior Member

I work in Master Control for our local CBS affiliate...
    we run Jeopardy at 7, Wheel at 7:30...
    and the same for the Saturday evening rerun.

God help us if there is a sports overrun on weekends...
    (Pre-Season football is the most likely to run over.)
    "Wheel and Jeop" are almost never pre-empted or joined in progress,
    because then we get some really nasty phone calls from irate viewers...

5. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Ah, so you have to cool the engines after the blistering heat of Jeopardy! Interesting.

6. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Smart show airs first here then the dumb one airs second.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  7. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

When I lived in Chicago it was the original guy, I always liked him, when he moved on I was glad they animated him. Although I think wall-to-wall carpeting is a horrible gross abomination, which is maybe why they've gotten into other flooring as well?

8. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Another Feather On Your Man? :p
    ...by dumb I trust you don't mean Vanna, whose made lord knows how much money just for touching squares. That's even a better job than the guy riding the killer whale's nose at Sea World!

9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Wheel first on the Knoxville NBC affiliate.

10. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Another feather on poor dad?

11. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I'm in the Central Time Zone, and as I mentioned, these shows air between 6:00pm and 7:00pm locally... Rather than a 6:00pm newscast, the channel airs an hour of local news between 5:00pm and 6:00pm, which then leads into the games shows, which then leads into FOX's prime time programming...

12. Grand_Ennui

If there's a game or something that will be starting or is being played during the time the games shows are on, the FOX affiliate that airs them locally will air them *after* their 9:00pm newscast, which would suck for someone who isn't normally watching then who doesn't have a DVR or a working VCR...

If the game runs over, they start their news after the game ends, do the broadcast, then air the game shows, so there's been a few times where even though the program guide says the game shows will start at let's say 10:30, but the news runs over, then they start later yet... But when that happens, they always air the two game shows complete and then if they run over into the time another show would be airing, then they join the regularily scheduled program already in progress...

13. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

No Vanna is the smartest person in the room. She literally has the easiest most highest paying job in at least the US if not the world.. I'm jealous.
    It would be smart to get rid of Sajak soon so they don't have both of them leaving at the same time. Sajak is offers nothing to the show.

head_unit likes this.
  14. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Sajak rules: cool and smart about how to buy vowels, solve puzzles, etc.

15. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

They're obviously grooming Maggie Sajak to step in for Vanna when she retires.

16. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

He's going nowhere. You didn't know he is Animatronic by now?

bartels76 likes this.
  17. torcan

torcan Forum Resident

Yes TV is an independent station (over the air on Channel 36). They simulcast with the Buffalo CBS affiliate, which airs Wheel of Fortune first.

I'm a big TVGuide collector, and from my collection ('80s and '90s specifically), I think the majority of cities air Wheel first then Jeopardy. It primarily seems to be the big east coast cities that air them in reverse order. I was surprised when I picked up an out-of-town TV Guide around 1985 and saw that. In our area, it's always been Wheel first, since the mid-'80s. They started on the ABC affiliate and were there for many years.

Adam9 likes this.
  18. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

" My dog stepped on a bee"?

19. Grand_Ennui

Then Vanna's son as the new host? :)

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  20. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Washington state Wheel 7:00pm followed by Jeopardy 7:30pm

Thread Status: