Which Artist/Band’s Fans Are Such A Turn Off They Affect Your Appreciation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Aug 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

I don't want to bash any artist in particular. For me, the biggest problem I have is between artists and politicians. I CANNOT STAND IT! Regardless of which party you endorse, just as (in America) there is a separation of church and state (supposedly), I also think there should be a separation of artists and politicians. Nothing grates my nerves more than to see an artist I admire jumping around on stage endorsing a politician. Unless the politician is very, very low level (like town council lol) they are a paid piece of the machinery and are very much out of touch with the common man/woman/other. Seeing certain artists endorse politicians has forever tainted the way I listen to their music. When those certain artists have an annoying obsessive fanbase, it's even worse.

2. thnkgreen

I'll open a thread every hour if I feel like it.

Seabass, baptistbusman, bzfgt and 2 others like this.
  3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

How about Amy Grant fan(s) cramming every bit of her life and career down people’s throats?

Zeroninety likes this.
  4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Queen and The Monkees. I don't dislike the music because of the fans, but I find those groups of people can be absolutely intolerable. If you're one of the good guys, I apologize for the generalization. I realize you guys aren't a monolith.

5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

You probably would.

6. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

No.

7. nowyouknow

nowyouknow Music addict

That "Un-grateful Thread" with xxx pages seems as strange to me as a "What are you listening to instead of Adam and the Aunts" thread would.

So yeah, maybe some Grateful Dead fans. But it's probably just because the band seem so obviously huge to them (whereas it is almost nothing in Europe).

Some people see T. Rex as a one hit-wonder, "Marc who?" etc. Probably the same thing from their point of view.

8. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Genesis fans are the most deluded for sure! I"m a prog fan but they where never a top 5 band of that genre.

wabrit likes this.
  9. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

If I had any idea what that meant I just might be offended.

Bullet dodged, good sir. Bullet dodged.

barnabyjames1 and bzfgt like this.
  10. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

Some of my favourite records are absolutely unknown and irrelevant in both UK and US

bzfgt likes this.
  11. groovejockey

groovejockey Forum Resident

Springsteen, Foreigner and U2. Probably why I find this Bill Bailey take so funny...

Lynivevoli likes this.
  12. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

Posting here, Paul McCartney.

13. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

Bob Dylan

14. Gabzi Nemo

Gabzi Nemo Forum Resident

I know I turned a lot of people off of A-HA.

I loved them to pieces, drew about 13 portraits of Morten Harket, learned a bit of guitar so I could play their songs, tried to learn Norwegian to the point where it screwed up my Spanish...

I was in high school at the time and I would tell my friends all about how great of a singer Morten was constantly; how they could stand me, I don't know :laugh:

15. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

McCartney apologists on SHF

16. cdnostalgia

cdnostalgia Forum Resident

I think I'd punch someone who tried to tell my Virtual XI was better than British Steel. Surely there's a point at which your idolisation of a band is staunchly confronted by reality!

17. zen

zen Senior Member

Zilch.

18. sekaer

sekaer Forum Resident

I'd like someday to listen through McCartney's solo catalogue but...

19. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

[QUOTE="Say It Right, post: 24828088, member: 24503" Some of the Beach Boys fans are psycho with the Mike Love stuff.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh yes. Shudder.

20. nowyouknow

nowyouknow Music addict

You're not alone

speedracer and Sear like this.
  21. Of all the concerts I've seen, the Iron & Wine fans have been the most annoying audience by far. They almost booed Tift Merritt off the stage at the Paradiso in Amsterdam in 2011. I had come to see Tift Merritt play, the audience's behaviour was so bad that I went home before Iron & Wine started their set. It took me a long time to get over that and actually listen to their music. I like some of their albums now but I would never go see them live again, knowing what their Dutch fans are like.

Seabass likes this.
  22. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Believe it or not, They Might Be Giants. The hardcore fans are insufferable.

23. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

None. Absolutely zero. If people love an artist/band whether I do or don't like them, I say, "Good for them." If they have found something that brings them joy, who am I to berate someone for finding joy in something? The idea is preposterous.

24. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

You’re underselling @thnkgreen ‘s alarming thread-starting energy: 57 this month alone, 205 threads in the past 11 months.

:yikes:

25. thnkgreen

You should see how many likes my threads receive. I feel great about that. If you don't want to read one of my threads, I am sure there are others to your liking.

Sear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.