Which Led Zeppelin live show(s) will Jimmy Page release in 2018?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ribonucleic

ribonucleic Forum Resident

The Year of Led Zeppelin also notes several occurrences of Page suffering “sticky fingers”.

2. Rockstar2112

Rockstar2112 Forum Resident

Release all of the New York 73 shows in their entirety, uncut & unabridged

Rockin' Robby and Crimson Witch like this.
  3. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

This makes sense to me because he could use the Garden tapes for patch and repair.
    Betting wages is strong words though. My guess is EC, it has a lot to work with too, and we do already have TSRS from 73. The thing about Southampton on the circulating thing, it's so dry and little audience noise. That said, dry ain't nothing and the audience noise needed would exist on the multi tracks.

Hopes for HTEWW is probably futile, the thing I'd actually want. After all the world desperately needs another official version of Plant singing OTHAFA in his octave down 73 sort of melody.

4. This.

5. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Are there Multi tracked 69 fillmore shows...
    not that I find it exciting, with 69 being well documented with good boots and bonus material for Zep 1 remaster.

6. Moe Schmo

Moe Schmo Forum Resident

Firstly I think it’s worth pointing out that it’s not yet confirmed there will be any live releases. It does seem likely based on what Page has said but nothing is confirmed.

Having said that if something does come out, Japan 71 makes perfect sense to me if those recordings exist in good enough quality. Those shows are absolutely smoking, all four band members are at their best and there would be very little need to perform any sort of edits due to the high quality of the playing. The only issue would be royalties issues associated with all the covers they played in the medleys.

As someone who has been listening to live Zeppelin for a very long time, I would be stoked with a Japan 71 release.

Rockin' Robby, Sean, sekaer and 3 others like this.
  7. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

Everything points in the direction of a live release/releases. :wiggle::cheers:

ponkine likes this.
  8. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

I still hope for and think it will be Earl's Court, but I'm getting a niggling feeling about Japan '71...

9. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Speaking of, they just played Kashmir before going to break during the Patriots/Jaguars AFC game. (That’s American Football if you’re on the other side of the pond).

tedg65 likes this.
  10. I’d be happy with an early 69 official release in whatever best quality they have, especially given how different the set is compared to late 69.

marmalade166 and Rockin' Robby like this.
  11. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

They are going to open up their live recordings to the live-music archive for free streaming. Soundboards and matrix recordings for every show. For those that prefer hard media, there will be a USB drive shaped like the Presence "object" housing all the shows for whatever year the purchaser selects. One "Object" for each touring year

12. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Good point but I can't find it exciting getting a release that's already out on boot with the same or slightly better quality.

13. Rockstar2112

Great Idea!!

fishcane likes this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

Sure. And Robert Plant will agree to rejoin LZ on tour.:doh:

ribonucleic and fishcane like this.
  15. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Page is working a live chronological Beatles anthology!:shh:

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

This could be interesting and something I would check into.

A bootlegger may do it but sadly ”they” does NOT = Jimmy Page.

fishcane likes this.
  17. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

18. steveharris

That`s possible.A remastered 1976 Soundtrack original Eddie Kramer mixes along with a companion disc of alternate mixes/edits.Even with the 2007 around we can`t have the original out of print forever.

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

does it really matter? every setlist was the same anyway.

20. steveharris

Yes it matters if you`re a nut like me who likes the original or dislikes the 2007.Besides it would only be part of a wider bunch of live shows and not only TSRTS.But this is just having fun speculating until a press release.I would love it if a complete European 1973 concert exists.:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  21. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

This is incorrect, there might have been many nights within a specific tour with the same setlist but there also was variety, not to mention changes in setlist from tour to tour. Plus each night was different in terms of improv so same setlists can yeild different results night after night

Crimson Witch likes this.
  22. Rockstar2112

Just release all of the NY MSG 73 shows in their entirety, the great, the good & the bad & ugly lol!!

rockclassics and steveharris like this.
  23. steveharris

I would love a giant everything including the kitchen sink type of box like The Grateful Dead.

Rockstar2112 likes this.
  24. ribonucleic

ribonucleic Forum Resident

For the most authentic experience, go to the bathroom during "Moby Dick".

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Given Percy's love of all things Welsh, it has to be:

Aberystwyth - January 16, 1973

:D

supernaut and superstar19 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.