Which movie did you turn off within 15 minutes?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Speedmaster, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILovethebassclarinet

ILovethebassclarinet Forum Resident

Maybe; it's not a point that I'm interested in debating; I will say that I've seen many hundreds of movies all of the way through. I'd put Star Wars on a level with Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Tombstone Territory and other late '50s-early '60s TV horse operas myself.
    Now, Ken Russell's Savage Messiah and The Devils, anything by Bunuel, lots of others, I'd call 'great films,' but SW? Nope. Of course, "taste is individual."

Scott222C and ChazFromCali like this.
  2. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Disney's The Black Hole - I envisioned the money used to make this travesty getting sucked into one.

3. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Resident Evil

I wasn't expecting it to be good but I was just too bored and disinterested to continue.

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Merry Christmas! :laugh:

Oatsdad likes this.
  5. Phil147

Phil147 Forum Resident

Python would probably use that as a tag line for the movie. Similar to 'Makes Ben Hur look like an epic' which they used on The Holy Grail :D

6. Phil147

Phil147 Forum Resident

Probably not a date movie but it is a good film which I enjoyed. The 'hanging by the nipples' is based on a real ritual which was called the Sun Dance by the Lakota Sioux and could involve, depending on the participant, the piercing of the chest with rawhide thongs. Not for for the faint hearted...

ILovethebassclarinet and DLD like this.
  7. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

Oh I got a few....

Assassin's Creed - Within 10-15 minutes I gave up. There's no narrative hook or interesting character to get myself invested into this film.

Pokémon Hoopa And The Clash Of Ages - Okay I don't expect Pokémon films to be Oscar winning material but I do expect them to be at least entertaining. This one is not entertaining. I gave up about 20 minutes into it due to it's stupid plot that I can't even recall what it is (it's that stupid) and being subjected to an long dragged out scene of multiple costumed Pikachu's appearing out of nowhere or something like that. Mind you this is coming from someone who loves The Emoji Movie for how awful that film is.

Twilight - Stupid. Absolutely stupid. Gave it 10 minutes then bailed.

Fifty Shades Of Grey - Repeat Twilight here.

8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Which movie did you turn off within 15 minutes?

I can't remember.
    I remember some movies where I watched it halfway til I couldn't stand it anymore.
    15 minutes, unless a big-named, popular movie, I would not recall, I would just dismiss it as "junk" and forget about it.
    I hate when I've wasted say an hour of my life on half or more of some REALLY bad movie....
    so I remember ones I couldn't finish, but that's it.

ChazFromCali likes this.
  9. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I Heart Huckabees and Be Cool. Just not my cuppas.

McLover, Lightworker and Karnak like this.
  10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ha ha - yeah, I saw that movie. Cera was actually entertaining in it since he made fun of himself! :D

11. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

13. Donfrance

Donfrance As honest as a politician.

I don't know if it counts but the Batman movies (not the series) put me asleep. Within 10 minutes. I don't switch it off, though, as I'm asleep.

ILovethebassclarinet likes this.
  14. ILovethebassclarinet

ILovethebassclarinet Forum Resident

It took more like a half-hour to get me to leave the theater, but leave I did: Withnail & I.
    I left just as I would have had they been 'real people in my life that I knew.' 'Get me AWAY from these people!'
    I've left movies in a theater before they were over very few times in my life...

dunkoid likes this.
  15. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Uncut Gems

I was so stressed out I just couldn’t take it not saying it was bad, but it was too much for my senses

16. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

Tried to watch all of the From Dusk To Dawn films and couldn't get past 1/2 hour on the ones after the first one (which I liked). I know you said 15 minutes, but I really wanted to give the benefit.

17. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

"The Aristocrats"

Jonny W likes this.
  18. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

You missed a lot of a very good film.

19. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Johnny Carson's favourite joke.

20. Tom & Jerry. What a waste of animation. I don't even think I made it to 15 minutes. It's bottom of the barrel, direct-to-video detritus at best. Even kids would check out on this dreck. Just horrible.

I guess there's a reason why the old M-G-M shorts were only 10 minutes long.

carrick doone likes this.
  21. TheNightfly1982

TheNightfly1982 Forum Resident

Last movie I watched that didn't make it past the 15 minute mark was "Crazy Rich Asians." It looked like it was going to be a colossal piece of **** from the get-go.

22. Oatsdad

You mean the movie that came out yesterday?

It's also on one of the streaming services?

23. Yes. It's currently on HBO Max.

24. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Army of Darkness. I didn't turn it off; I walked out.

BrentB likes this.
  25. Oatsdad

Oh yeah - I didn't know "T&J" was a Warner movie. I'm aware of WB's simultaneous theater/HBO Max deal but wasn't aware that this was their movie.

Well, I'm gonna see "T&J" on the big screen this afternoon. How bad can it be? :hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.