Which movie did you turn off within 15 minutes?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Speedmaster, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007) - Jason Statham

2. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own Thread Starter

I actually liked Ad Astra, but I can understand why some don’t.

Haven’t seen it, but not the first negative comment I’ve heard about this.

I agree, TAoJJ is so underrated. I liked Killing Them Softly too. I guess I like a lot of Brad Pitt movies :)

a customer and formu_la like this.
  3. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

4. planetexpress

planetexpress Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I'm willing to give most movies a fair shake but for some reason I just couldn't get started on PT Anderson's "The Master". I absolutely hate Joaquin Phoenix and his description of how to get rid of crabs followed by the molestation of a sand statue put me off so hard I had to bail.

unclefred and Karnak like this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No, "Ragnarok" made Thor a buffoon too much of the time.

C'mon - the God of Thunder simpering because he might get a haircut? :wtf:

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I get that, as much of the first act is insufferable, with they self-consciously quirky songs and the "clever" dialogue, heavy on hipster.

But once it gets past that opening salvo, the movie becomes very good.

I'd recommend you give it another shot! :)

Juno [Blu-Ray] (2007)

Wounded Land, Jrr, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  7. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

There may have been some things streaming, where I’m just surfing for something, and I’ll bail if it’s not engaging me. Most of the time, though, I’m in it til the bitter end. That goes for McCabe and Mrs. Miller and The Room, The Seventh Seal and Manos The Hands of Fate, all of which I liked. :D

I’ll watch some real dog **** til the end too, though. Otherwise, how would I really know? :angel:

Wil1972 and cleandan like this.
  8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Scott Pilgrim VS The World - I chalk that one up to not knowing exactly what the concept was before viewing it and it's a whole bunch of things I dislike including shoved-down-your-throat ultra-stylized filming and editing. Weird concept and the protagonist is a 22-year old with a 17-year old high-school girl. As if that wasn't enough, he doesn't break up with her but pursues another girl. My wife & I looked at each other and couldn't have cared any less about the plot, unlikable uninteresting paper-thinly written characters or their plight. Can't remember what we switched to but I remember there was instant relief when we did.

Leolo - Seems to be about the screwed-up upbringing of some kid. Maybe I'm misremembering some little details but it starts off in a poor neighborhood's house and the mother is taking a dump in a bucket in front of her kid while telling him it's great and to push it out because it's healthy. The family was obsessed with bowel movements and would give each other a weekly laxative treatment. I'm like "WTF is this???" and turned it off.

A couple I wanted to turn off after about 5 but fought through expecting (hoping?) they'd get better when they sucked worse as time went on...

Babel - One of those movies the Hollywood community convinced itself was deep and amazing when it's pure excrement. Within the first couple of minutes, we see a young teen watching his younger sister taking a shower through the bathroom window while he pleasures himself to her. She sees him and smiles. Later on, Cate Blanchett's character is injured in a terrorist attack and Brad Pitt's character is coaching her on how to defecate through the injury causing her more pain. She passes the turd and they cuddle. Last scene involves a Japanese father hugging his entirely naked twentysomething daughter on the balcony of their apartment. Insane that this ever got past a recycle bin.

Crank - Easily one of the stupidest movies ever made. Guy gets infected with some Chinese virus that'll cause him to die fast unless he can slow the progress down by having constant adrenaline rushes. Highlights include him seeing a bus full of precocious Asian high-school girls which gave him an erection and inspired him to rape his girlfriend in broad daylight on a busy sidewalk in front of that school bus. At the end, he's in a helicopter and falls an impossible 20 000 feet as the camerawork is basically taking NASA footage from nearly being in space and zooming onto a street where our protagonist hits the pavement but his body doesn't explode and there's a tiny gasp of air, insinuating he didn't die.

After seeing these, I'm convinced I can write a better screenplay than any of the idiots who penned these pieces of crap.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    SomeCallMeTim, showtaper and hi_watt like this.
  9. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

The Wrong Missy.

More like The Wrong Movie. Ooofah.

Dan

johnaltman likes this.
  10. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Too many to remember and name. The wife and I always joke when we pick something on Netflix, Hulu, or HBOMax..... “We’ve got 10 minutes, let’s try this one.”

Rufus McDufus, Blastproof and Bhobb like this.
  11. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

' Free Willy '?

12. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Get On Up. Horrible!

13. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

A recent stinker was Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds starring the usually dependable Natalie Portman.

14. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

In my top 20 movies easily!

Jrr likes this.
  15. Nah. It was a fun movie. He made up for it. He kicked a$$ later. Recasting it with plenty of comedy worked for me. Thor was always the most stolid of superheroes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    leeroy jenkins likes this.
  16. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Andrew Dominick, the director of each, is an incredible talent

17. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

What was that movie with John Lennon as a soldier?

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  18. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

Happiness.

:hurlleft:

Lightworker likes this.
  19. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

"How I Won The War" (1967) dir. Richard Lester, who also directed "A Hard Day's Night".

Lightworker and razerx like this.
  20. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

It is very rare for me to walk out of a movie so had to dig deep and this one came to mind. I was watching as a kid because of Lennon. I recall it was pointless and switched it off. Maybe I wasn’t being fair.

Siegmund likes this.
  21. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

The movie is Antichrist, and that was probably a prop...or I certainly hope so in view of what happens to it! :faint:

Veronica Mars likes this.
  22. BSU

BSU Forum Resident

Rocketman

FACE OF BOE, hi_watt and Bhobb like this.
  23. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Haha What happened in those opening minutes??

24. I couldn't get through that one either, so there you are.

25. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Chariots Of Fire - It bored me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.