Which movie did you turn off within 15 minutes?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Speedmaster, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC1

AC1 Forum Resident

White Noise. I fell asleep almost immediately.

[​IMG]

RSteven and wayneklein like this.
  2. woody

woody Forum Resident

Me, too

3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Independence Day
    The Batman

formu_la likes this.
  4. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

One thing I remember about INDEPENDENCE DAY and TWISTER, which both came out in 1996 if I remember rightly: Most enjoyable SFX with some really lame acting/characterizations. A real mixed-bag . . .

5. I rarely turn off a movie in the first fifteen minutes but this one I definitely did.

RSteven likes this.
  6. The one thing that really bugged me about “independence Day”-wholesale ripping off “War of the Worlds” right down to the virus (except a computer one this time. Yeah REALLY innovative). Both are not great movies but ID is really stinky.

64FALCON likes this.
  7. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I tried watching Tenet this past weekend on TV, but stopped watching after maybe thirty minutes. Just didn't get it at all.

Pete Puma, audiomixer and Speedmaster like this.
  8. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - was I to quick to shut it off???

9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Streaming has made it too easy to quit on a movie. Because you don’t pay any physical money towards it like you would at a theater or an old fashioned video store there’s no real investment into it. (I may have already posted this thought somewhere in the last 32 pages.)

10. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

I remember the dialogues being very poor in ID

wayneklein and 64FALCON like this.
  11. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Godfather II was pretty good. I thought that the first and third installments were seriously flawed.
    The other films that you mentioned I find annoying beyond belief (lol). Poor Bob Newhart :cry:

12. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

Alexander - Holy crap, worst casting decisions ever. (Colin Farrell? Really, Oliver, what were you thinking??) Might have still worked but it bored the eff out of me and I was done.

Despicable Me - My daughter talked me into starting this one. Couldn't talk me into finishing it. Jesus what annoyingly stupid movie, even by cartoon standards.

Hancock - I couldn't decide which I hated worse, the title character or myself for choosing the movie.

Ghostworld likes this.
  13. Good call.:)

MichaelH likes this.
  14. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

You’re supposed to watch it backwards.

15. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I gave it 32 minutes. Another book that shouldn't have been made into a movie. A friend of mine refers to the director as Noah Bumbum.

RSteven likes this.
  16. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

Streaming has also made it too easy to watch a movie you would never have watched before. This is a good thing and a bad thing. There are some movies, especially documentaries, that probably would never have seen the light of day 20 years ago. Admittedly some of these films shouldn't have seen the light of day...
    I remember sitting through "Heartburn" when it came out. It was a miserable experience, total dog of a movie. But we paid good money to see it in a theater, it was opening weekend and it was packed. My girlfriend and I kept debating whether and when to leave (I was ready to go at the 30 minute mark, she was done well before 1 hour). We ultimately gutted it out to the end, only to find that we weren't alone in our assessment of the film. It was one of the few times I've seen an audience literally boo a movie as the credits rolled.
    Anyway, "Heartburn" never would have passed the 15-minute mark today.

64FALCON likes this.
  17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

[​IMG]

lots and lots and lots of dialogue,

did i mention that there is a lots of dialogue?

RSteven and 64FALCON like this.
  18. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

Correct, I never walked out of a movie theatre. I'm too Dutch for that.

Chris DeVoe and Speedmaster like this.
  19. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I probably didn't make it 10 minutes into Power of the Dog. I had read a lot about it and just felt like I knew the story before it was told. That, and it just didn't grab me.

20. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

Almost anything by Noah Baumbach falls into this category for me. I've watched a couple of his from start-to-finish, started a couple more, but now I've learned my lesson. Baumbach generally gets a lot of good reviews. I guess he's good at what he does. It just isn't for me.

RSteven and Jazzmonkie like this.
  21. 80steen

80steen John McClane

I'm sure many of these at least made it to 16 minutes

22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

23. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

Haha, my wife and I watched it and could not fathom what all the fuss was about. A dreadful film. Chazelle has not made anything decent since Whiplash.

I should add - I adore musicals and have an extensive collection of them, so it's definitely 'my genre'.

MikaelaArsenault and Jazzmonkie like this.
  24. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

'Independence Day' is terrible.
    And one of the reasons it's so bad is because, yet again, Will Smith is delivering those 'witty' one-liners which are strewn throughout pretty much all his movies.
    They are irritating.

MikaelaArsenault and 64FALCON like this.
  25. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

What in the name of Luca Brasi is flawed about 'The Godfather'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.