which of the non-live Hendrix 'Dagger' releases are most worth getting??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rooster_Ties, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rooster_Ties

Rooster_Ties Senior Member Thread Starter

Wondering which of the NON-live Hendrix 'Dagger' releases are most worth getting?? Thinking about ordering 2 or 3 of them (or how many of you swear by all four???), and looking for some input before I order.

Feel free to vote for multiple titles.

Edit: And if you absolutely swear by one of the live "Dagger' releases, that I simply can't be without -- make your case. (But I'm leaning strongly towards the non-live material, as you can tell by this poll.)

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I'll suggest "Hear My Music" and "Morning Symphony Ideas". :)

3. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

All of them. Initially, I had trouble getting into Morning Symphony Ideas, but over the past couple of years, I have grown to really appreciate that disc. It is a really interesting glimpse into Jimi's creative process.

4. I recommend all four as well. Each contains essential music if you're a Hendrix fan.

5. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

In order

Baggy's Rehearsals - If you've heard the Band Of Gypsy's LP, this give some insight
    into the creation of those live shows, more important to me than the Live at Fillmore
    release.

Burning Desire - Continuing the BOG's era with enough studio jams to make up for
    the lack of album releases, shows Jimi making a creative turn in early 1970.

Hear My Music - More focused, this collects some of Jimi's unreleased output from
    early 1969

Morning Symphony Ideas - A bridge between the two releases listed above, covering
    late 1969.

As some have mentioned, all are essential if your more than a casual fan.

6. A nice summary. I have all but the Baggy Rehearsals which I will probably get at some point. I like Hear my Music best, closely followed by Burning Desire. Morning Symphony Ideas took longer to get into, but it was worth the effort.

7. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

All four IMO.

8. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I didnt vote for Baggy. I was just trying to answer the question: "most worth getting". But they are all good.

9. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

Does any one know how long the dagger releases usually take to be delivered . I live in the U.K , I ordered 3 of the above after the great reviews they get on these forums .
    I can't wait

10. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

They ship their stuff very fast. I got my copy in less than 48 hours after I clicked 'Buy'. They probably cant do much once it leaves the States, but I bet your shipment is already in transit.

11. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

Cheers for the feedback . Having a real hendrix phase , looking forward to the new box set also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.