Which solo Beatles albums are better than actual Beatles albums?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerryb, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

not a one.

ToneLa, blutiga and Beatle Ed like this.
  2. Topaz

Topaz Forum Resident

And I as a huge fan, never liked Ram much except for 3 great songs on it, Too Many people,Uncle Albert and Back Seat Of My Car.Venus and Mars is a much,much better album,it's a Beatles quality album and I think it's even better than Band On The Run which is a very good album too.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  3. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

"Medicine Jar" and "Spirits of Ancient Egypt" kill that one for me. They're too close together.

4. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Not unlike on Wings Over America. I usually lift the needle of side one of WOA after "Let Me Roll It"...

5. Hermes

Hermes Past Master

Listening to Venus and Mars for the first time now: What a great album whatever some might say..

wayneklein and blutiga like this.
  6. Maybe I’m repeating myself but this an apples to oranges comparison. A band that was maturing and growing with each album starting in a fairly Park Stivers place compared to the same musicians with a decade’s worth of growth u derm their belt and having matured. It’s like comparing early Beethoven to later—the same artist but in different place in his career and growth.

7. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

Band On The Run is better than most of those early albums with the exception of A Hard Day’s Night.

I’d find it difficult to top the latter. Solo Beatle album or any album for that matter. Just mind blowing how well everything came together despite the group being here, there and everywhere during 1964.

Lewisboogie and Hermes like this.
  8. webmatador

webmatador Friend Of The People

Considering the posts here on this thread, besides All Things Must Pass and Imagine, I think McCartney wins most Beatlesesque solo albums with at least three contenders: Ram, BOTR, and Venus & Mars.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  9. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

We need to consider that with solo projects it's 10 or more tracks all by one artist.
    Beatles albums were divided up so they're hard to beat for that reason.
    Still I think a few solo albums are better than some Beatles albums from a track for track standpoint.
    Plastic Ono Band and Band On The Run for sure.

Hermes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.