Which Tekton Speakers to get?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Adam Truckey, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8great321

n8great321 Well-Known Member

Would any of you with more expertise in this field see any drawbacks with purchasing the 8 ohm version of the Double Impacts vs. the standard 4 ohm version? Right now all I have is a Marantz PM6005 integrated, I suspect I may need a dedicated power amp for these?

2. Adam Truckey

Adam Truckey Active Member Thread Starter

I am now leaning towards the Spatial M3 Turbo S paired with the Rogue Cronus Magnum II. I emailed Clayton at Spatial and he responded in 2 hrs, so that was impressive. Without hearing them, I think these will be a better sound for what I am looking for and aesthetically fit my space better. Nothing against Tekton, or Eric for not writing back. I myself own, run, design all products, and do all the customer support for a much smaller business. It can be a lot of work when things get busy.

c-eling likes this.
  3. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I wanna hear my Double Impacts with tubes.

Tim Irvine likes this.
  4. stratoholic

stratoholic New Member

Thought that I'd revive this thread since Tekton just released the Perfect SET 15. Very tempting. Has anyone heard them?

I have the Enzo 2.7. Wasn't that impressed at first but after 100 hours on 'em they have really grown on me. I'm using them right now with a 2 Watt Decware integrated and it's shocking how good 2 Watts can sound through good, efficient speakers. The Enzo's do an amazing job, and I've used them with a variety of tube amps, both low power and relatively high powered.

I'm thinking of matching the Perfect SET 15 with a Triode Corp. TRV-845SE, a 20 Watt amp that I have in my studio. I'd appreciate any imput on the Perfect SET 15.

5. Adam Truckey

Adam Truckey Active Member Thread Starter

I ended up going with the Spatial Audio M3. I am very happy with how the look and most importantly sound, though I have never actually heard the Tektons in person to compare. Clayton was very responsive and helpful before and after the sale. I talked to him on the phone, and texted him pic of my setup so he could give recommendations on speaker placement.

Done A Ton, Roycer and c-eling like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.