Which Video Streaming Service(s) Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Stereosound, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:22 PM.

1. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident Thread Starter

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Shoehorn with Teeth

Shoehorn with Teeth Romans 6:23

Just Prime, and that's mainly because we order from Amazon a lot. There's nothing on other services I feel the need to shell out for.

3. OldSoul

OldSoul Shattered

Hulu and Netflix (just barely). I'm done with Amazon.

4. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

I use CRAVE in Canada as well.

Maybe mark your post as American services since you did not include any others from other Countries!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 3:40 PM
  5. eeglug

eeglug Forum Resident

Criterion Channel is missing from the list as well as MUBI and probably some others.

6. Stereosound

They aren’t as well known and with as many streaming services that are out there right now it’s not like they would all fit in the polls as there is only so many that this site makes available I think.

7. Rocker

Rocker Forum Resident

YouTube and physical media.

bmasters9 likes this.
  8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Only Amazon Prime Video and AppleTV. Recently cancelled Crave and Netflix after having them for years.

9. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Me too!

10. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

after i cancelled netflix .... any one that is offering a free month LOL ... (MUBI)..... tho i just did $ign on to prime.... more for the shipping .... but having prime video again is alright by me

11. pdenny

pdenny 18-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Finished everything, did you? :laugh:

We have the usual fee-based suspects (well not AppleTV+). Cancelled our cable over 10 years ago and never looked back. Love my Firestick and the ancillary apps that make up for not having cable--Haystack, Pluto, etc. Disney+ gets better all the time--Nat Geo docs, Star Wars, Marvel, Simpsons and more all in one place and most in 4K. Looks like they're getting around to adding the X-Men flickerinees so that's neat. I also think Hulu can be underrated. I've found some cool stuff with a little digging--just wrapped up watching all seven seasons of JUST SHOOT ME.

Frankly if one only picked a single service they'd have more content than could be viewed in a lifetime. Oh wait--I just remembered where I am. Drop that last sentence LOL.

12. Stereosound

13. fusdechus

fusdechus Member

I enjoy Netflix, but I find that most of the time, Prime usually has the movies that I want to watch. I do make use of the shipping and sometimes the books. I also enjoy having the flexibility to buy/rent the movie that's not available, unlike in Netflix where to them it doesn't exist. "Explore Titles Related To: ____" :(

14. forthlin

forthlin Forum Resident

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and Google Fiber cable with HBO and Showtime. The cable stuff is the least watched for me, but my wife watches all the talent competition shows and various other junk tv shows so we have to keep it.