White 2 channel shielded audio cable?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VU Master, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone come across any kind of 2-channel shielded audio cable with a white jacket? I want some for a long cable run that needs to go across a ceiling and wall. This will be an Aux cable for plugging a tablet or phone into a stereo system, so the type of cable isn’t critical. It could be either balanced or coaxial, either siamese (where the two channels pull apart), or with an overall outside jacket.

Using two individual cables wouldn’t look as neat, and I don’t want to use another color and then have to paint over it.

I’ve checked all the major manufacturers along with eBay etc. and haven’t come up with anything. Maybe no such thing exists but if you’ve seen a product like this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

3. 360-12

360-12 Forum Resident

White coax is readily available. Google it! RCA, too.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. vinnn

vinnn Forum Resident

Maybe a wireless solution might be neater and easier to use? Probably sound better too considering the resistance in the chain of a long run cable powered by a phone.

There's plenty of brand new Chromecast Audios still for sale on ebay for example which can be lossless upto 24/96 or check out something like the new iFi Zen Blue.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

BlueJeansCable offers white as an option. I'd second looking into a wireless/bluetooth solution.

6. timind

timind phorum rezident

Canare L-4E6S star quad cable comes in white. I use 30 foot runs in balanced mode and feel it does a stellar job.

7. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at about 75 feet. I'll see if Monoprice might sell me that cable in bulk, unterminated. I checked the Blue Jeans cable though and it's 3.48 per foot -- ouch. This doesn't need to be anything high end -- it's just for background music and ebooks, at low listening levels.

The Canare and coax ideas don't work for me because they are single channel and wouldn't look as neat, running along walls and ceilings.

Wireless is a thought too. I'll look into that. Thanks again.

8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Plenty of cable retailers will make exactly what you want. I've bought good cables in custom lengths, colors, and connectors, and mogami or canare wire from Audio Cables | Speaker Cables | Markertek

Personally, I'd just get a standard mogami cable in white with whatever connectors you need on each end, cut to your specific length.

9. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I'm seriously considering buying the iFi Zen Blue. John Curl's involvement and it's modest asking price is tempting me to pull the trigger on this device.

10. vinnn

vinnn Forum Resident

Yeah that's what I mean, wireless soultions like the Zen can be cheap, will be more convenient, easier to use and will sound better than a phone headphone jack hooked up to a massive wire.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  11. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

12. Bedlam Inside

Bedlam Inside Member

ZEN DAC getting good reviews on other forums. And is BOUND to sound better. iFi gear normally has a warm sound that most appreciate. I'm looking into it myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.