"Who" (2019) - New Who Album Coming 06-Dec-19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RayS, Sep 14, 2019.

1. kiff

kiff Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to sparking one up and giving the new disc a listen. The production on the two early singles seem to be made for that. Just sayin

2. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Just knowing they have completed a new album (it's going to be great!) is good enough for me as a fan! I personally do not care if they release the entire new album for streaming 2 weeks before it is vinyl/CD released, I still will not budge, I am patiently waiting, ok, not patiently waiting, I'm on needles and fing pins here as I await the day my vinyl copy graces my turntable and all will be right with the world once more.

Shouldn't the heading of this thread be changed to 12/6/19, or did it switch again?

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  3. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

So you're one of those that won't listen much or at all, until you get the whole album ? I presume ??....not sure which is more anxiety causing !

I don't know why they bumped the original November date back a couple weeks to Dec 6th. If it was marketing or a last minute remix...manufacturing schedule or whichever.

But I truly doubt it'll be bumped again. Dec 6th is about as late as you can go, & still get holiday sales. I would guess. Not to mention they already bumped it June to November to December....it's coming ! Dec 6th it is !

In fact I was told, we were told here, there will be a 3rd promo song or single this month. No details beyond that much unfortunately. I was only told one song it would not be, not which one it will be....

I'm assuming 80-90% of us fans, here in this thread are going for the bonus track version. But I could be totally wrong...BUT that version is 14 songs....so hearing just 2 or 3 leaves an awful lot of unexplored delight on listening day !!

I would assume most of the time nowadays, a big classic rock release like this one, gets played on a high profile radio show or webcast...or at least several tracks 1 or 2 weeks prior to Dec 6th..maybe I'm wrong about that too !

We literally have 30 days to go ! Seems like 40 years ! Because it's been about 8 months since we heard Townshend, Sardy, Pino & Zak cutting the basics.. They seem to drop a new song or news tidbit every few weeks to feed us !!

I was hoping the 3rd single would drop by mid month, or sooner, but I haven't read a single peep or boo about a 3rd song yet & it's already the 7th. Anybody have anything ? Rumors dates, 3rd song title, bonus track info anything?

Aftermath and scotti like this.
  4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Nice post! I have so much good music to keep me occupied until it comes out, I think I will manage. And yes I am getting the CD with bonus songs as well. It's "The Who" we are talking about here!

5. zeppo1

zeppo1 Forum Resident

O Don Piano, Jet Age Eric and reb like this.
  6. Blaklazer

Blaklazer Forum Resident

I stoked for the album too, I mentioned this before but i am so curious what beads on one string will sound like. Will it be the simplicity of the demo or be turned into some hard rock song?

I am hoping for either more orchastra type rock music or another hard rocker like mike post theme from this album

7. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

Hi Beatlewho#9 and the rest of you Cheers! :agree:

8. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

Hi Reb.. good to see you mate :righton:

9. Dog Ear

Dog Ear The 2nd Protects The 1st

I suspect "johnny moondog 909" is a PR plant/marketing mole. Reading all his posts has made me way more interested in this record than it needs to be!

I also suspect sometime in mid December the wife and I will inevitably commence with the age old battle over the volume knob. Until then, its the calm before the storm.

10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Or maybe @johnny moondog 909 is just a big time "Who" fanatic that continues to OD on their awesome music and needs more fans as pumped up as he is for the new record to help keep him company!

11. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

12. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

The 4k remaster jobs on the old Who videos are amazing huh?

13. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Dog Ear and Bomber1 like this.
  14. Libertine

Libertine Forum Resident

Johnny Moondog is a hero to me. The enthusiasm is addictive!

15. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

Is quite amazing! I am hoping for a great blu ray release!!!

Jet Age Eric and Bomber1 like this.
  16. kiff

kiff Forum Resident

Sure, but I've watched this clip thousands of times already in the theater, on TV, VHS, and DVD. Where's I Saw Her Standing There and Steins other scraps?

17. The Big Guy

The Big Guy Forum Resident

I just noticed on CDJapan that they have a version of WHO which includes four bonus tracks. The fifteen tracks on the album
    are only listed in Japanese and I can't translate the page. As I mentioned in an earlier post it also includes an "official logo tin badge."

Who [SHM-CD] [Japan Bonus Track] The Who CD Album

18. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

Translated Bonus Tracks

[Overseas Deluxe Edition Bonus Track] This Gun Will Will Misfire
    [Overseas Deluxe Edition Bonus Track] Got Nothing To Prove
    [Overseas Deluxe Edition Bonus Track] Danny and My Ponies
    [Japan Edition Bonus Track] Sand (Demo)

19. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

All This Music Must Fade
    Ball and chain
    Three
    I Don't Wanna Get Wise
    Four
    Detour
    Five
    Beads on one string
    Hero Ground Zero
    Street song
    I'll Be Back
    Break the News
    Ten
    Rockin 'in Rage
    Sea Locked My World
    [Overseas Deluxe Edition Bonus Track] Gott Nothing To Prove

Bomber1, omikron and The Big Guy like this.
  20. The Big Guy

Thanks for the translations guys. Not surprised to see it is the "Sand" demo.

21. The Big Guy

Looks like you can buy it from CDJapan and get all the tracks:

Who [SHM-CD] [Japan Bonus Track] The Who CD Album

[Overseas Deluxe Edition Bonus Track] Gott Nothing To Prove

johnny moondog 909 and reb like this.
  22. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Decided to pass on CD Japan, not worth 2x the price as The Target Deluxe for one extra PT demo.

slipkid and Mooserfan like this.
  23. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

"Sea Locked My World"... I'd like to hear that song. The title is more interesting than "She Rocked My World."

"This Gun Will Will Misfire"... Roger's back to stuttering after 54 years.

izgoblin and MPLRecords like this.
  24. kiff

kiff Forum Resident

Has anyone ever got a CD with a ticket purchase from Ticketmaster before? I just enquired about the CD that came with the purchase of two Who tickets and got this response, "The order you provided above is for Hamilton not the Who. However, the album release date is for 11/22/19." The live chat afterwards was a standard, "It will be shipped when it is released." sigh Thanks for the CD Japan news!

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have. It will just arrive unannounced I'm the mail.

PhoffiFozz and Bomber1 like this.