"Who" (2019) - New Who Album Coming 06-Dec-19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RayS, Sep 14, 2019.

1. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Getting this as well, SHM discs sound very nice, plus the bonus tracks. Great call!

reddyempower likes this.
  2. jethrowup

jethrowup Forum Resident

Off topic, but did Pete say he was done recording his Age of Anxiety solo album too? I seem to recall that being mentioned...

3. Blaklazer

Blaklazer Forum Resident

He never mentioned being finished with recording aoa just that he finished composing it. I am sure he has demos of most if not all of the songs on the album but i doubt he has taken it into the studio yet to actively polish them up for release.

if they are in any state, my guess is they are in a similar state as the quadrophenia, who are you, white city, Psychoderelict demos were in... and if thats true they probably are in a high quality form

jethrowup likes this.
  4. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I thought you all might enjoy watching one of the most well informed and informative interviews Roger ever did...

5. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I never thought of it that. It really is a very unusual arrangement. What a band...

6. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

you all convinced me to call my local record store just to see if they a). had the record and b). willing to sell early.... They did not have it yet but thought perhaps they would get it in Wednesday instead of Friday...

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  7. Odysseus

Odysseus Forum Resident

Unaware

8. live evil

live evil Senior Member

They just ran a preview of the 40th anniversary documentary on WCPO, and they teased that they will have a major announcement on the 11 PM news on Tuesday.

The Who have not played Cincinnati in 40 years.

dee, Bomber1 and omikron like this.
  9. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Actually it might be a jewel case after all. According to The Who U.K. site both the regular and deluxe cd will have a jewel case:

WHO Deluxe CD

Tim Crowley likes this.
  10. Shoeshine

Shoeshine Senior Member

Most UK CDs are. Whether that will be the case for you over the pond, different matter.

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  11. The Deluxe has 3 extra songs. I pre-ordered it a while ago because there was no standard CD available. I'm not bothered about "bonus tracks" but I note people here are paying big bucks for the Japanese edition for extra tracks. What am i missing? Are there 2 separate Deluxe editions with alternate bonus tracks?

12. Herman Schultz

Herman Schultz Forum Resident

No Who Sell Out Super Deluxe? Why not?

Jet Age Eric and reb like this.
  13. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

The Japan SHM CD has the same 3 bonus tracks as the Deluxe Edition, plus a 4th bonus track. That track is "Sand", a 1965 PT demo with newly mixed 2019 PT vocals, guitar and other affects.

The only other place to get "Sand" is to buy the 45rpm audiophile lp set. Sand is included as a bonus track, pressed on 10" white vinyl.

14. Herman Schultz

Much of what you've described there is something that I have literally prayed for from time to time over the years. I pray for more important things now, but this is still wonderful to read.

dee, scotti and Bomber1 like this.
  15. Detroit Music Fan

Detroit Music Fan Forum Resident

Wait a few months to a year. I’m sure nearly all or all the extra tracks will be available on iTunes individually. It’s much cheaper than buying three or four slightly different copies.

reb likes this.
  16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I'm not buying multiple copies (no longer have the desire to collect). The SHM , which I got a good price on is it for me.

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  17. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

late 2018: I refuse to stop playing new McCartney album.
    late 2019: I refuse to stop playing new Who songs, and presumably the album as well.

The Stones better get their act together and replicate this next year.

18. Detroit Music Fan

I know I was quoting you, and I am glad you’re getting the product you want. I meant it also as a general statement for folks planning on buying multiple copies.

reb likes this.
  19. Detroit Music Fan

Don’t you really wish they would? I’ve been jonesing for a real solid Stones album since ‘81.

20. Herman Schultz

:thumbsup:

reddyempower likes this.
  21. Bomber1

Bomber1 Official Who

22. Maccastarr

Maccastarr Forum Resident

reviewer can't even spell Townshend right . . . must not be a fan and probably never even listened to the album

Shoeshine likes this.
  23. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Of course he listened to it. Quite liked it in fact

24. Shoeshine

Shoeshine Senior Member

And they say Americans don't do irony... :uhhuh::righton:

25. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Good lord, that's appallingly poorly-written (regardless of the opinions therein). It reads like English is not the reviewer's native language, or like it was written by a junior-high student who is quite weak on basic grammar but really likes to misuse his thesaurus. "Reminisce" is not a transitive verb. "Motley" is not a noun. "Raconteur" is not an adjective. He also struggles with subject-verb agreement ("Daltrey's vocals compliments Townsend's musical arrangements"). And how about this sentence: "This idealistic positivity of people coming together is lamented more consistently on “Beads on One String” with an eighties synth intro and a subtle, seldom injection of electronic improvisation reminiscent of “Baba O’ Riley”. I don't think he knows what the words "lamented" and "seldom" mean as they make no sense here. I know I'm being a grammar snob, but this much poor writing really makes it difficult to focus on anything except the awkward syntax.

It's nice that he seems to like the record though.

Herman Schultz likes this.