Who are you currently obsessed with?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Dam

Dam Forum Resident

'The Walking Who'...from Sydney, Australia!

BIG ED likes this.
  2. Sander

Sander Senior Member

Lou Reed!

Currently filling the gaps in my collection. This week I got:
    - Coney Island Baby
    - The Bells
    - New Sensations
    - New York

Tom34772, stavx79, notgoblin and 7 others like this.
  3. bonestorm

bonestorm Forum Resident

ALL

havenz likes this.
  4. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Over the past couple of months, I keep going back to The Knack.

nfmboss666 and BIG ED like this.
  5. blackdograilroad

blackdograilroad Forum Resident

The [English] Beat- just bought the 5CD US box signed by Ranking Roger! The combination of bouncy fun music and the dark streak in Dave Wakeling's lyrics has always intrigued me..........

6. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Oasis. I have a playlist on the iPod of the first 3 albums and the associated b-sides, and that has been getting constant play n the car all week.

Criminy pete, thgord and BIG ED like this.
  7. Yabby You
    Deep like Burning Spear, dreader than dread

8. And Scientist. Perfect work music

9. Macman

Macman Senior Member

Ryan Adams and Morrissey.

10. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I definitely understand the OP's obsession with The Supremes, i love them too.

I''ve been obsessed with the artists listed below for quite a while now.

Eilen Jewell
    Lindi Ortega

Rosanne Cash
    John Mellencamp

Peggy Lee
    Marvin Gaye
    Bobbie Gentry

BIG ED and JohnnyQuest like this.
  11. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

60's or 70's marvin? :) I recently purchased the deluxe edition of Let's Get It On.

12. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Oh yeah, apart from Meddle, I'd really overlooked their post-Syd/pre-superstardom period, but there's a lot of great stuff to explore in there, particularly when you tap into some of the "unofficial" recordings. I love the laid back, pastoral ambiance of a lot of this stuff, which stands in stark contrast to more edgy angst that they became so well known for circa The Wall.

13. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

''What's Going On'' may be my favorite album, but i dig the earlier stuff as well, especially those great duets with Tammi Terrell.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's a timeless masterpiece. :righton: My favorite album would have to be "I Want You".
    Wish this was would've made the cut.

I do enjoy his 60's material too. (Especially his early Jazz cuts)

15. Rundfunk

Rundfunk Forum Resident

I'm currently having two obsessions: polish jazz mainly from the sixties and early seventies like Zibigniew Namyslowski and Krzysztof Komeda; Compass point stuff like Gwen Guthrie and Grace Jones. Just came out of (another) spell of Jazz Funk and Northern Soul mania.​

Aleksander86 likes this.
  16. the 90s remix sets are worth a gander

Schulze next

17. Been on a 50s craze: rockabilly, R&B, gospel, bluegrass, jazz, blues, country, rock and roll, avant garde, etc.,
    The quality is staggering. The production is very dry. The selection is unending. And other than certain pop and rock productions, productions are timeless and clutter free. It is the watershed that 60s music could not have happened without.

Mark L., Moshe, Trixie Jones and 2 others like this.
  18. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

After listening to Hepcat for about a month (love that band), it's been The Pretty Things and The Move. With The Kinks sprinkled in for good measure.

Criminy pete and notesofachord like this.
  19. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

WOW, what a great instrumental, thanks! Go figure, I've got the "deluxe" 2-CD versions of "I Want You", "Let's Get It On", "What's Going On" and "Midnight Love" and that instrumental that you posted has somehow always passed my ears? I agree that Marvin was in a really nice groove on that "I Want You" album and when I got that 2-CD deluxe version and found that there was a full version of the song, "I Wanna Be Where You Are", which was originally less than two minutes, including a VERY long fade, I was so very happy. I'd like to think that Marvin was in a good place when he made the "I Want You" album, as I know it always takes me to a good place when I listen to it!

20. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

I am digging Edgar Winter at the moment

21. greenwichsteve

greenwichsteve Well-Known Member

London Grammar - first heard them on Chill radio, then saw their Glasonbury performance on TV. Can't get enough of them now.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  22. spridle

spridle Forum Resident

Wussy's Left for Dead album. Someone told me I'd like them, and I just hate their name, but I bought this record a few weeks ago, and it's just getting under my skin. If the next album I buy of theirs is half as good as Left for Dead, they'll be my New Favorite Band for awhile.

23. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

the sugarplastic: all the albums. i really love the way the guitarists plays. it reminds me at lot with the old xtc records.

24. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

been on a big John Fahey kick of late.

MMan1 and Scope J like this.
  25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Currently in the midst of a Thelonious Monk obsession, something that happens all the time. I'm figuring a few things out on guitar, and spinning my way through all the Columbia albums.

And I'm obsessed with my lovely gal Lucinda. . . while not strictly a musical obsession there's music in there too between and amongst us. I'm a lucky man.

peter1, havenz, Trapper J and 2 others like this.