Who do you prefer James Guthrie, Andy Jackson or Alan Parsons for Pink Floyd surround mixes?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bill Mac, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Bump!
    Hoping more people who have heard most of these Surround Options will give their takes on them and keep this Thread active for awhile.

I do not have the Set Up yet for Surround Sound, but just bought the DSOTM Immersion Box from a Member here, and already own Surround from the Box Sets(except no Waters as do not care for his Solo Albums and do not have 'Meddle' as bought the Early Years Individual Book Box Sets which they deleted the files from the Set with Meddle 5.1), and SACD for most of the Titles mentioned.

2. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

Yeah one can certainly drop some $$$ when it comes to both hardware & disc sets for surround music...my wallet is a lot emptier

Jam757 likes this.
  3. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I voted Jackson based on Division bells and Medley. But all other mixes are also very good, just keep them coming.

Bill Mac and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  4. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Andy Jackson for me as overall he seems to be a bit more adventurous. And yet again I'll put in a plug for his two solo albums - really good music that I'd guess PF fans will mostly like, and both have multichannel mixes (first is a 4.0, 2nd is 5.1)

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

You’re not kidding...I just shelled out for the Early Years box set:hide:

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Alan Parsons

Bill Mac likes this.
  7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I listened to the quad mix of Atom Heart Mother tonight and it’s the best sounding version of the album I’ve ever heard! Amazing! I want the Meddke 5.1 badly but will have to settle for the Echoes quad as I bought the sets seperately. I still need to listen to the quad WYWH but the 5.1 was awesome.

8. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

As some others have mentioned I’ve preferred the quad mixes (although the 5.1 are still great) as they seem to be more balanced. They cannot stop creating these until every single Pink Floyd album is given the 5.1 and 4.0 treatment!

Bill Mac likes this.
  9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I just shelled out for the Division Bell set just to get my hands on the 5.1 mix.

Bill Mac and Simon A like this.
  10. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

You won't regret it.

Myke, Jam757 and Bill Mac like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.