Who is using a McIntosh C11-C20-C22 preamp?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WHitese, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

I can't remember, does the C11 use the same tube line up as the C20, minus the tube rectifier?

2. fortherecord

I am using a later version of the C20 now, recapped and restored by Audio Classics. It is much more transparent than it was before the restore. I am wondering about the bass attenuators on the back though. It's not clear (to me) from,the manual, what is the "flat" setting for these? Does anyone know what the flat setting might be?

3. Good for you guys to have this Brand,I got Brand-X cheap? lol

fortherecord likes this.
  4. Dale Johnson

Dale Johnson New Member

Yes, I'm using one with a pair of MC-30 restorations from Yves Beauvais, very open and detailed sound, tighter bass than my MX-110, also have MC-225's and MC-60's, never tried a C-20 but would like to see what any sonic differences may be.

5. fortherecord

My C11 is being recapped by Audio Classics. I had my C20 done prior to this as well as my MC240. Replacing those old "bumble bee" caps and the power supply caps, makes a huge upgrade for this vintage gear. I can't wait to compare the C11 to my C20.

6. teerth

teerth Well-Known Member

Hi this is off topic but I see that you have these WE91 monoblocks offered by Angela Instruments, Angela 91 300B monoblocks. I want to DIY build them - Can you please tell me more about these amps. I saw pictures of these on Photobucket album from you. Specially I would like to know the dimensions of the wooden box and if it had a potentiometer for volume? Thank you very much.

7. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member Thread Starter

Cryykee....i wish I could..I sold these long time ago...I also bought them already assembled. Just make sure your top plate is thick.

8. teerth

teerth Well-Known Member

Thank you....

9. RMB77

RMB77 Well-Known Member

I have a C20 and MX110 that I use with an MC225. I actually prefer the phono stage on the MX110.

10. fortherecord

I prefer the phono stage of the c20 to the c11 or c22. The later two just don't have any weight to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.