Who's attending the 2019 Axpona Show audio expo in suburban Chicago?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Shawn, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident Thread Starter

Similar to my thread last year, I thought I'd start this one to see who's attending AXPONA April 12-April 14 in Schaumburg, IL (same location as 2018).

AXPONA - Audio Expo North America

I thought last year's event was really well done, and will be going on Fri and Sat. Anyone else?

I'm looking forward to checking out PureAudioProject's speakers most of all.

2. BD2665

BD2665 Forum Resident

I'll be there Saturday for sure and possibly Friday as well pending availability to take the day off from work.

Shawn likes this.
  3. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Try to also hear the new Spatial X5 and X3 models. Let us know how the Spatials compare to the PAPs.
    New X Class Announcement — Spatial Audio Lab

Frost and Shawn like this.
  4. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I usually attend on Friday.

5. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll definitely try to check them out. The X line is out of my budget but it will be worth hearing the comparison.

6. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Oh yeah, AXPONA is must see TV for me. Friday for sure. Interested in hearing the new EAR phono preamp make its debut. Would also like to check out the spatial audio (they had better not sound too good!) and Buchardt speakers. Klipsch speakers will also be there making their first appearance I believe.

7. timind

timind Don't blame me

I plan on attending either Friday or Saturday. You mentioned two of the companies I am most interested in hearing. I also hope to hear Audio Note speakers as I attended two years ago and was totally underwhelmed by AN's exhibit.

8. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

By all means let us know what you think of all three brands, and anything else that grabs you.

timind likes this.
  9. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

I will be there Saturday and Sunday looking for streamers, NAD, Cambridge Audio, Blusound, Lumin, and others if someone can recomend a good Streamer besides those mentioned, please do. I plan on checking out the MastersoundD and the Rosso Fiorentino product line in the Audio Thesis room. Lots of stuff to see 1 day was not enough last year that's why I hope this year 2 days will be enough time to see all the Audio items I'm wanting to check out.

10. Fruff76

Fruff76 Forum Resident

I’ll be there either Saturday or Sunday.

11. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Spatial Audio will be showing in two rooms.
    510 with Modwright driving the X3 and the X5.

696 with Linear Tube Audio driving the X3

timind likes this.
  12. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

Likely Saturday for me, and it will be the first time I've been to anything like this.

13. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Yes! Great show

14. Frost

Frost Well-Known Member

Ill be going sunday maybe saturday too. Shopping with a good friend for new speakers for him, so might go home sunday with a show demo!

timind likes this.
  15. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

i hope they open the vendor area as soon as the doors open this year. always a great way to shop for new vinyl. elusive disc had a really good selection last year.

16. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

I’ll be there on Saturday. The Schaumburg venue is a great improvement over the Rosemont shows.

17. LeeS

LeeS Blue Note Fan

I will be there. Trip booked.

timind likes this.
  18. Ecjjr

Ecjjr Active Member

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it.