Why '___________ ' Is The Worst Rolling Stones Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wildest cat from montana, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

Keith ran out of riffs after Tattoo You?
    I'd agree they only matched that album's quality a couple of times over the proceeding 40 years (wow it is now), but I think Keith had plenty of riffs over those years! They just changed their style, the groove, slowed down a little perhaps.. often less consistent song per song as their very best. But I think Keef always had the riffs and the songcraft - and they even had a bunch of tunes too, which are the hardest things to find of all it might be said.

2. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

A most brave statement , sir!
    There was a time when ' Exile...' was my fave Stones album but that title now belongs to , dare I say it ? , ' Black and Blue '.
    Subject to change though...

3. rkt88

rkt88 The unknown soldier

completely agree re goat. couldn't stand that period of theirs but getting high with jimmy miller had its moments.

stones for me ended with exile. but i really like the new jagger track he just cut with grohl. go figure.

4. speedracer

speedracer Forum Resident

Keef ran out of riffs. That's like saying a river ran out of water.

mattdegu likes this.
  5. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

It's not a raffle.
    It's not that slagging off Some Girls is controversial (especially on this thread), it's that it's contradicting. How can something be at once 'tedious and boring' (I mean whatever you think of Some Girls..) and a 'messy overload'? (which I think describes some of Jagger's itchy-trousered songwriting quite well)!

6. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Rivers do dry up .

speedracer likes this.
  7. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

He gets repumped by the Gods of Song

8. apb

apb Game on!

A Bigger Bang. Sounds pretty good on the first play. Sounds steadily worse with each play. By the fifth play, there's barely anything on it that I need to hear again, maybe Back of My Hand. The songs just aren't keepers.

9. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

That one actually grew on me. It got some glowing reviews by people I respect (though they were mixed over all) but I couldn't quite see it first time. I haven't played it for a long time mind you. I'd put it with Dirty work as needing some time personally. Some jump right at you, some don't I think.

10. Fischman

Fischman RockMonster, ClassicalMaster, and JazzMeister

As far as stylistic directions go, I'm also not a fan of Black and Blue, but my much bigger beef is with Satanic Majestys Request.

11. speedracer

speedracer Forum Resident

Comparing Keef to a river run dry only means you are in de Nile.

12. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

And yet another. What a mess of an album!

13. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Moderator Note:

This pointless hate thread that brings nothing positive to the forum is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.