Why are people COMPLAINING about the new U2 album!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcaulf, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

2. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

You are a funny guy,, "Steve Jobs fruit company". Wow, Insightful and witty post with a clever kick in the tail. And you have the approval of Smiths22 to boot.

Stuart S likes this.
  3. Wipin Dsser

Wipin Dsser Active Member

Because people have their own taste, simple as that. Oh, and U2 sucks too, maybe that's the reason. And don't you think it's arrogant of you to say it's mostly young people who like hip hop? So if i don't like this crappy band of yours i'm a little brat without any taste? THIS infuriates me!

Smiths22 and Stuart S like this.
  4. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident Thread Starter

I didn't say hip hop was bad, but that is what the kids listen to these days. I'm simply stating my observance. Also, saying that U2 sucks would be hypocritical, because that's an arrogant response as well.

5. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Actually Primus Sucks the most, more than U2 in my book.
    Carrolls, thanks for the compliment and you bring on may valid points here.

Smiths22 likes this.
  6. brianvargo

brianvargo Senior Member

Has anyone stopped to consider the possibility that we're all hypocrites and everything sucks?

Stuart S likes this.
  7. Wipin Dsser

Wipin Dsser Active Member

Hip Hop is bad, really bad, and U2 sucks, sucks a lot, but that's my opinion, and that's why people should download their own music, because they have their own taste. Nobody wants crap in their phones, not even for free. About the kids, they're listening good stuff too. There are those who like Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga, but you also have the ones that are discovering the likes of Bert Jansch, Jorge Ben, Neil Young etc. for the first time. It's funny how you put every kid in the same basket...

Smiths22 and Stuart S like this.
  8. Smiths22

9. bcaulf

I know there are kids discovering older music and that's great. My sister is 17 and she's the biggest Led Zeppelin fan that I know! I didn't mean "every" kid listens to hip hop/pop when I said that, but most do. This is why we see Demi Lovato and Ariana Grande at the Kids Choice Awards, and not U2 or Neil Young. There's a demographic that has to be appealed to, and it's the younger pop stars that do it. Same with the VMA's, which appeals to teens and people who are older, but again, I can't recall the last time Pearl Jam or somebody like that was there. It's been Miley, Kanye West, Beyonce, Jay Z. That's what's popular, but in my opinion, it isn't very good, which is why it is great that more kids have learned about rock music from the 70's and 80's, thanks to things like Rock Band and YouTube :)

10. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

I remember back when someone @ work was trying to be thoughtful and gave me a free Blu-Man Group CD after attending one of their shows.
    She thought I would like it since I love and play the drums. I had to be nice as she was my boss and I played it during work.

I was so disgusted by the whole experience. That music infiltrated my space and made me so sick. But being the nice person I was, and how hot my manager was, I endured it.

11. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Smiths22 likes this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

And I think it looks ridiculous. I like U2, but their desperation to be relevant like it is 1990 is an embarrassment.

J_D__, Stuart S and Smiths22 like this.
  13. Smiths22

I like it too however 14 years have passed since then and the things still remain the same......just sad.

Stuart S likes this.
  14. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Someone with Photoshop please edit the "Old Man Yells At Cloud" cartoon to say, "Old Man Yells At iCloud." It's long overdue! :laugh:

15. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

:yikes: Give me strength!

16. In the background, I hear Kate Upton and JLaw weeping.

17. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

I wouldn't make that comparison, of a 21st-century marketing strategy to the natural world.

Smiths22 likes this.
  18. hello people

hello people Forum Resident

Is the key word 'offered'? Wasn't the U2 album just inserted into peoples icloud or something...without their knowledge? Or was it 'offered' as in 'hey follow this link to download the latest U2 album if you want...or not...up to you...'?

I'm sure I'm a thousand posts too late in the thread and it's all been sorted out now

Smiths22 likes this.
  19. bcaulf

The keyword is free ;)

20. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Get over it.
    Apple has released the removal tool already.

21. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

All kinds of "Assess", posted in the open for all to see coming soon!

"Hand in Glove, the sun shines......"

22. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.