Why buy the DCC Gold 'Hotel California'?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chip Stylus, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I never get past the first track of Hotel California, so I cant tell you how good the whole CD is, but the first track rocks. On my recent trip to St. Louis I put in the DCC Hotel California for my dad. He has a nice car with a great stock stereo system and we cranked it up. When it got to the two bass drum shots my dad looked at me and said he thought he had been shot. It hits hard and the cymbals sound great. That shakey deal sounds pretty good too. Warm smell of (what the hell is he saying?) Calepe dust? What? Whatever, it sounds good. I just wish HC was on the GH CD. I guess I will have to combine the two to make my own greatest hits.

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Dave: Write that a little bit louder, will ya? I have a hard time hearing you? What?

3. Beatlelennon65

Mark- I couldnt reall see what you were saying, could you please press the keys harder so the type will appear bigger?

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

i may be a jerk, but I wouldn't have the coleones to shat all over a guy who's allowing me to voice my opinion in a free and open forum!:realmad:

5. Beatlelennon65

I guess everyone is allowed to have their opinion. If he doesnt like it, fine. He can listen to whatever he wants. Of course, we dont have to agree with him...

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What's going on here? Shall I go back to sleep?

7. Beatlelennon65

If you get a copy of DCC HC sell it for 4 dollars and buy the remaster!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Beatlelennon65

also please note the volume function of your hardware.

9. Beatlelennon65

Sorry guys, I have to get off of here and go listen to the title track of HT.

10. Dave D

Dave D Done!

RUN GRANT!!!!!! and DON'T LOOK BACK!
    :D

11. Beatlelennon65

DCC's are bad MmmmmKAY?

12. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Grant, it's a free for all. Out of the stupidity and kindness of my heart, I decided to sell all of my DCC gold CD's and LP's for a whopping $3.36 at the local thrift shop!! At least they'll make a profit selling them for a buck a piece ($2 for double albumzzzzz)....

Todd

13. Beatlelennon65

I feel kinda bad for the guy now. After just a few posts he must feel kinda stupid. He may have some good things to say in the future, lets see if he comes back.

14. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

Same here. I have the sudden urge to hear all of HC.

Announcing you dumped DCC HC for $4 is like announcing you dumped Jennifer Esposito for Rosie O'Donnell.

15. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Heh. I like that.

I'm going home to listen to the disc too. Maybe even Queen's NATO.

16. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I thought he was Clapton. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

17. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Not to thread crap...but I remember reading about how hard it was to do the DVD-A of Hotel California, since the master tapes were in very bad condition.

Is there any article where Steve details what process he followed in the DCC version? I agree - his is the one to get. It sounds incredible! (and I'm not even an Eagles fan!).

18. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Hey wait a minute... I already volunteered!!!

19. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Hey, I said that too! Great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

:)

20. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

I'm sure that this must have been answered some time in the past, but I was wondering what happens to Steve's mastering work AFTER the (for example) DCC production run? If the Eagles HC masters are in such bad shape, why wouldn't the label use his work again?

dave

21. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Asylum wanted a "remaster" that would cater more to the LCD of the buying public and then, the labels like to try and trick us into thinking the latest remaster is always the best.

22. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I did a posting search.....he started out ok in the beginning, then, halfway thru, he suddenly sounds like John Lennon going bananas at the Shea Stadium concert!!!

23. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Hey Clavius-

I can't hear you- good one!!!!!

Chris

24. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Well, he went over the edge this morning...posted a quite psychotic new thread that has already been removed and now he's suspended.

Back on topic, I have the DCC and the DVD-A. I play the DVD-A to friends who haven't heard surround music. I play Steve's when I want to hear HC.

25. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

What happened? What was the thread subject?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.