Widespread Panic...Where to start?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gellie, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gellie

gellie Forum Resident Thread Starter

Was listening to Jams on Sirius last nite. They were play a live concert(which i know which one). Really like the 20+ min jam including "Up All Nite". Would like to explore more. Where to start? What live albums would you recommend ? TIA

STGATX likes this.
  2. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Light Fuse, Get Away, the band's live album from 1998, is what won me over. I still like it. Felt like a good starting point for me.

[​IMG]

3. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

"Space Wrangler", their first and my favorite.

bgear17 likes this.
  4. STGATX

STGATX Forum Resident

Yup - have to agree with Guided By JonO))). It's got to be Light Fuse, Get Away by a long shot. It's a great starting point and was recommended to me when I was just getting started with WSP.
    That Disco is still my favorite! I come back to it all the time.

There's also "Live in the Classic City" which I really enjoy (and need to hear again, thanks!). After that, I'd say that shows from 1998 to 2001 are a pretty safe bet too. Another kind of random one, look for "Colorado Springs 1998". It's on Spotify and I heard it the other day, some great songs and not a show I'd heard before.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  5. I started with Live in the Classic City.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  6. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I love Light Fuse Get Away and Panic in the Streets, and would start there.

I've tried to get into their studio albums and the other live recordings over the years, but nothing else has really stuck with me.

7. Randal_SS

Randal_SS Jammin' Econo

That's the one that hooked me as well. I'd heard of them and thought "this is a band I would probably dig," then a friend loaned me the CD.

clhboa likes this.
  8. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I think their first three albums are outstanding. The next two are also solid.
    Light Fuse Get Away is a great summary of their career up to that point.
    I lost track of them for a while after that.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.