Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Shhhhh

frightwigwam likes this.
  2. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

"A Magazine Called Sunset (The Unified Theory of Everything Version)" is available on streaming services. Another version we'd never heard before.

Mr. D and tstrapac like this.
  3. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

I can only seem to find a preview on apple music. Where else are you seeing this?

4. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Me too. I had ordered it from another place for $206, and I thought THAT was a deal. This new one is amazing.

chickendinna likes this.
  5. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Apple Music. The whole song plays fine for me.

6. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Good price on the super deluxe. The general pattern I’ve seen with the other deluxe sets is that they are expensive for a year or so, and then they get discounted, and then they’re gone. Typical discounts I’ve seen are:
    • Up to half price on the Wilco store (sometimes cheaper if you get railroad salvage plus a discount)
    • 30% off at bricks and mortar stores clearing out inventory - the lowest I saw the Being There set go for was $70CDN.
    Of course limited colours sellout fast (except for AM - still available on red and white). And this is the first time we’ve had the option of Deluxe and Super Deluxe.

cevans121 likes this.
  7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes. I had this ordered at Music Direct and just ordered at the Amazon price drop also. Now I just have to figure out how to cancel Music Direct. They must be getting very good at cancellations by now.

8. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

That Amazon price drop is gone. That was fast. I was going to cancel my Nonesuch order and get the box set through Amazon BUT it became a "I'm too busy today, I'll do it tomorrow" situation. Now it's back up to $100. At this point, I may as well stick with the Nonesuch order and just eat the $15 difference. That little difference in price now is no big deal but it was when Amazon was listing it for $68.

9. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

One thing to note with Amazon preorders is that you get the lowest price between when you order and when it’s released. So if you preorder now, if it goes back down, you get that price. If it doesn’t you can always cancel.

I preordered with Amazon Canada the day it was announced. Currently at $130 but my price is $104 (CDN). Learned my lesson when the Smiths box set came out and I didn’t pull the trigger at $140 for the vinyl set.

Fred Dender and noname74 like this.
  10. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

It has been up and down over the last couple of days, keep an eye or just do as @jalexander suggests and you'll get the lowest price from now up to release date.

jalexander likes this.
  11. Balding Jay

Balding Jay Forum Resident

These Amazon prices are just irresistible. I’m canceling the KungFu 11-LP preorder and getting both the 11-LP and 8-CD sets for less at Amazon. May God have mercy on my soul.

12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I heard about the 11 LP set when it was first announced and thought way too much for me to spend on something like this and forgot about it. Then @Gabe Walters told me on the side he was getting it and it perked my interest again, but thought still too much to spend. Then I pulled out the standard release and of course as always knocked out by how good a record it is. So I checked Amazon and there was the mega price drop down to $146, and preordered instantly. Even the wife gave her two ears approval.

Thanks Gabe, as I would have missed out. Plus I saw there is the live show from the Pageant in St. Louis which is where I'm from and have been to that very cool venue before. Last time I was there I flew in and took my sons to see The Raconteurs there, great atmosphere for concerts.

13. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I did the same thanks to the heads up from this thread. I see now it’s still discounted but only %15. I’m not sure what the 46% drop was all about.

scotti likes this.
  14. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

Algorithms. There's about 6 or 7 of us commenting here but you can bet there's 10 times that many people who saw these posts and jumped on the deal. Increased sales leads to a reduced discount. I guess Amazon had lots of stock and very few pre-orders so dropped the 46% discount to move stock, then the algorithm machine kicked in and now it's at 15% discount as they've moved enough stock to keep the accountants happy.

sonofjim and cevans121 like this.
  15. Mr. Heartbreak

Mr. Heartbreak Deep in the heart of darkest America

ImportCDs has the 8-CD set for $86.57. I couldn't resist.

qtrules likes this.
  16. shades

shades Forum Resident

The 8 CD set is back down to $68.69 on Amazon.

I now have both the 8 CD set and the 11 Vinyl box set on pre-order with Amazon. Hard part will be deciding which to keep on order before the end of the month...

Fred Dender likes this.
  17. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Wow, with shipping to UK that's about £70, really tempting...

Graham likes this.
  18. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Amazon US packaging worries me though. It can be really bad. Free returns so worth a gamble.

EDIT: Won't ship outside US and not worth the risk of going via a reshipper when there's a chance of damage and you can't then return it (for free).

19. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

Is the 8CD and MP3 bundle only available through Wilco's store, Bandcamp, and Nonesuch (i.e., there's no automatic download through the 3rd party sellers like Amazon)?

20. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Hmm, it's telling me it does ship to UK but the actual price is coming up as just under £90 so never mind.

21. shades

shades Forum Resident

One reason I'm kinda sorta leaning towards the CD release..

On the CD release, the various 'versions' of the album are each on a separate disk.
    But on the vinyl release, if they track listings online are correct, the album versions end in the middle of an album side.
    Wish they could have gotten it to work so an album version ended on a side at least.

jalexander likes this.
  22. Graham

Graham Senior Member

£82.83 on Rarewaves

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Super Deluxe Edition)

I'm going to wait until I've heard it first, unless the price drops sub £70 pre-release.

23. YouCantWin

YouCantWin Lacking in Some Direction

Nice. I preordered this directly from the Wilco store when it was announced, but as much as I hate doing business with Bezos, I don’t hate it enough to not save $50.

24. scribex6

scribex6 Forum Resident

The Amazon price for the super deluxe CD set has dropped again to $68. Just placed my order.

whisper3978, Al Gator and Fred Dender like this.
  25. Had to look back at my Kung Fu order for how much I paid for the vinyl set. ........... too much.

Forty links likes this.