Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Any boxers?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I'm good with my Sundazed copy that I bought back in the day. It still sounds amazing. All I need.

rydersdad and rhino4evr like this.
  3. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Yeah this is where I'm at, too. I get if it's not affordable for some, but I have a feeling that these bonus discs will get more play than a lot of other deluxe sets that I have. Plus songs like "Venus Stopped the Train" and "Not for the Season (Laminated Cat)" are songs I need to have in my vinyl collection

4. haywood

haywood Forum Resident

Jay was a member and contributing songwriter for basically all of it. I’m curious as to how they’ll frame it in the accompanying book because in spite of how things turned out it was Jay’s masterpiece too. It’d be really lame to discount his contributions especially when they’re finally releasing the Wilco version of VSTT (which was basically his song) and the original mixes of the songs that he was part of.

The silver record set looks really cool but it’d just be decoration so I’ll probably just stream unless nostalgia bites hard at some point.

The band is sounding pretty good on this version of Poor Places though the apocalyptic ending is toned down which hopefully won’t be the case for real concerts.

5. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

This was definitely more than I was expecting--almost overwhelming!--but a big relief from the early, incomplete track listing that was posted earlier. Too much is definitely better than not enough with an album like this. I'm honestly not as familiar with all of the demos and such as some folks here, so it will be a lot of fresh meat for me, an embarrassment of riches, and I'm eager to hear interesting alternate presentations of the material. I'll be looking for a good deal, but this set seems like a decent value for the money proposition compared to some of the other deluxe sets out there. Early front runner for box set of the year? Color me geeked.

6. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Forum Resident Thread Starter

on the Wilco US store
    Gold standard edition sold out.
    Black 11 vinyl edition sold out!
    I’m sure silver edition isn’t far behind.

7. rhino4evr

I’ve heard a lot of the demos and alternate takes and they are great. This will be an incredible set for long time fans .

8. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

I wish I could just walk into a store and buy this stuff, I'd buy it all!. I had to order from Foxtrot to a drop shipping service to get it to New Zealand, costly and it will be a month or more before I see it. I wanted the beer but that's a restricted import so not going to happen. Rip the tab off of one for me!

ARK, chickendinna and Mr. D like this.
  9. rhino4evr

Socks

linklinc1 and BlackCircleVinyl like this.
  10. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

Early Red Hot Chili Peppers style I presume?

ARK and rhino4evr like this.
  11. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

So it seems they are limited? Or will they eventually re-stock them? Darn you Wilco! I can’t afford it but I’m so tempted. I also want some cereal and beer, but I believe these are only available in Chicago?

12. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

Did the listings for the new editions disappear from Amazon?

13. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

With the first three, the colored vinyl was limited, the black vinyl was standard and seemed to stay around much longer.

This is the first time they have done a third, higher tier so maybe both the silver and black of the super deluxe are limited?

palisantrancho likes this.
  14. palisantrancho

I wish I knew! I don’t want to rush to buy it if it will be available later.

15. tonyballz

tonyballz Roogalator

Yup, figured it would happen this year. Excellent. From what I've heard on bootlegs, the evolution of these songs from demos to finished tracks is fascinating. This one may just blow some minds.

Now can someone please release a standalone vinyl issue of the More Like The Moon EP?

jewelsnbinoculars likes this.
  16. palisantrancho

It appears this is the cheapest place to buy it at $212?

17. This is exactly my situation.Saw the Apple Music track listing last night just before I went to bed and thought that was all there was going to be.Underwhelming and disappointing.Then this morning I saw the full list.Colour me geeked as well.

jalexander and Tristero like this.
  18. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

I know about it, I like both versions but Wilco’s is superior. It’s still one hell of an outtake.

Cimrya Deal and linklinc1 like this.
  19. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Forum Resident

I hope this does not sound like a complaint, there is a ton of material on offer here and I'll be buying the eight CD version, but one thing that would really make this perfect is a disc of video content.

audiotom and linklinc1 like this.
  20. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Why, why, why do these things have to pop up to entice me?!

This was the album that introduced me to Wilco, through my then girlfriend, now wife. We've enjoyed plenty of Wilco since including a few trips out to the Solid Sound Festival with our kids.

I went for the black vinyl 11 LP set from nonesuch. That's a huge load of vinyl I know but damn it, I couldn't resist.

21. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Gotta go with the CD box set.

DrJ, frightwigwam and mark renard like this.
  22. trd

trd Forum Resident

I wasn’t particularly interested in a big YHF set but I’m looking at what’s included and I was at that 7/23/02 show. Color me intrigued

frightwigwam and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  23. palisantrancho

Has anyone ever done a pre-order and moved before it was released? I'm assuming it's possible to just change the address for the delivery?

24. rhino4evr

yes that’s not usually an issue , happens all
    The time I’m sure

25. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Yes. I know I will be moving before Sept 16. Will just have to reach out to customer service to provide your new shipping address.