Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

I went for the 11 LP silver edition. Looking forward to immersing myself in it come Sept.

gabbleratchet7 and MonkeyTennis like this.
  2. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

Yankee Hotel Cashgrab

3. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Well, Bob Mehr wrote the 1500-word essay in the booklet, so I’m hopeful about how Jay’s contributions are framed. Bob wrote Trouble Boys (Replacements bio), and has authored all the essays in the 3 recent Replacements multidisc boxes in addition to taking on a producer role in those reissues.

And he occasionally posts here, so hopefully he’ll join in on this thread.

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

i was talking about O’Rourke, not Bennett. :agree:

5. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

Can’t get the 11 vinyl set to ship to Australia. Hints anyone?

6. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

7. Gonzo-a-gogo

Gonzo-a-gogo Tombstone hand, graveyard mind

Posted this one the other YHF anniversary thread, sharing here:

For any Aussie punters out there sweating the 11LP set, the black version can be had for AU$308 (incl. shipping from the US) via the Nonesuch site:

https://store.nonesuch.com/music/vi...rot-super-deluxe-edition-11lp-mp3-bundle.html

That's about as good as it's gunna get folks. Frankly, shipping 11LPs from the US for US$15 seems erroneous in this day and age.

Can. Not. Wait.​

BlackCircleVinyl likes this.
  8. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Magazine Called Sunset and Remember To Remember* were part of the official tracklisting when Jay turned in his mix? Also, has it been confrmed that his mix is what appears on that disc? Sure hope so.

*I'm assuming not as surely this would have leaked earlier?

jalexander and Zeki like this.
  9. Wee Wiily

Wee Wiily Forum Resident

I was also fortunate enough to see the 4 piece group in Providence right around the time the album was finally given its proper release. Jeff opened with “Laminated Cat” and just blew the room away with the rawness of his lead guitar solos.

gabbleratchet7 and linklinc1 like this.
  10. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

has anyone seen any Amazon links yet? looking for the 8-CD set and hoping that once i pre-order it, the price will drop a little.

11. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

How many shows did they do as a 4-piece? Any good boots to recommend with that lineup? Sounds interesting.

12. trd

trd Forum Resident

Went with the black LP and the digital download. With the 24lp Grateful Dead box on the way this summer I couldn’t bring myself to add another large vinyl set to the shelves. Had to get that Pageant show though!

audiotom likes this.
  13. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Doggiedogma likes this.
  14. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

thanks!

weird that searching for Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Super Deluxe did not bring that up. sure hope the price drops but whatever...i'm ordering it!

15. linklinc1

linklinc1 Forum Resident

Previous posts here have mentioned how Jeff's wife gifted him with the opportunity to work with Richard Lloyd on his guitar playing. Folks here have mentioned both Television & Robert Quine in regards to Jeff's lead style. I couldn't agree more.

I am a gigantic fan of a certain current of such players myself (Lloyd & Verlaine of Television, Quinn, Neil Young, Richard Thompson, Nels Cline etc.) & there's none I love or appreciate more than Jeff.

All the six-string stingers who has passed through Wilco's ranks have been pretty extraordinary & versatile from as many angles as there were players... but... my personal absolute favorites are Nels Cline & Jeff Tweedy.

He's tremendous as both a lead & rhythm electric player and then equally adept/stunning playing acoustic- both as a rhythm/strummer and/or fingerprinting & playing lead.

Solo, or in a band context, electric or acoustic, lead or rhythm... Jeff Tweedy doesn't just do it all... he does it all in a way that moves me about as deeply as anyone who's ever done it.

KipB, jalexander, C6H12O6 and 4 others like this.
  16. Lazy comment.

Crazyhorse11, jalexander and timnor like this.
  17. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

same

that will be a great listening day(s)!

MonkeyTennis and DavidJ like this.
  18. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Jay Bennett's last show as a member of Wilco was July 4, 2001 at the Grant Park bandshell in Chicago.

Nels Cline and Pat Sansone's first show was May 19, 2004 at Otto's in Dekalb. Leroy never played a show with Nels and Pat; I'm pretty sure Leroy's last shows were at the October, 2003 Bridge School Benefit Concerts.

Everything in between was either the four-piece lineup (Jeff, John, Leroy, Glenn) or the five-piece (Jeff, John, Leroy, Glenn, Mikael). For some time after Mikael joined the YHF tour, he was side-stage, triggering prerecorded sounds via laptop. Sometime after that, his role expanded and he was onstage with laptop and keyboard. Now, of course, he's got multiple keyboards.

19. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

That July 4th show is pretty easy to find on the interwebs, but 93XRT is also gonna rebroadcast it this Friday. Definitely worth a listen.

Live From The XRT Concert Archives

20. Gabe Walters

Agreed, it's a good one. There's footage of Jay waving goodbye (in slo-mo, IIRC) from this show in the I am trying to break your heart film.

jalexander, ARK and linklinc1 like this.
  21. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Wow, these went fast. Looks like a nice set for die-hard fans.

This was my introduction to Wilco around 2010. The original Nonesuch all analog cut vinyl sounds great. I even bought a back-up copy (I rarely do this).

What a great album!

Alien Ache likes this.
  22. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I guess without explicitly stating it, that the legendary YHF Engineer Demos have been folded into this set.

linklinc1 likes this.
  23. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Well I guess it shows how much I was paying attention! I was at 2 shows during that timeframe at The Fillmore (Dec 2001). I was plenty familiar with the album at that point, but I never noticed any sparseness in the sound due to only 4 people playing. So maybe Mikael was playing from the side stage.
    [​IMG]

ARAMP1, mark renard and linklinc1 like this.
  24. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

I always have the urge to play “Impossible Germany” and “Marquee Moon” back to back. Now I know why.

jalexander, Zeki, trd and 1 other person like this.
  25. Gabe Walters

I found a Dec., 2002 article by Greg Kot saying that "computer engineer" Mikael Jorgensen "came on board for this year's tour," so he probably wasn't there in 2001.

He was side-stage when I first saw Wilco, in October, 2002. He was onstage when I next saw them, in April, 2003.