Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I just this moment received a response from Ume regarding my order through PMc.com USA.

They said they do not have an exact shipping date, but it will be after 12/7. I ordered on 10/19. I guess that wasn’t fast enough! How could they not be sending some shipments on release day?!

Oh well. :doh:

2. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

It would be nice if I received such an email. I ordered mine on 10/19 at 5:22 am Eastern. And, it was still available for a week or two afterwards. I would think that I was one of the earlier purchasers in the US.

Mr. Explorer and Lewisboogie like this.
  3. kevintee

I would think so.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. kevintee

I just received a second email from Universal saying the exact same thing that @PhoffiFozz received and shared up thread.

So glad they took my money about as soon as I hit the purchase button!

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Same as it's been: still open but it hasn't shipped. Still claims "Arriving Wednesday"...

6. shavedfish

shavedfish Forum Resident

Ordered from music vaults and no confirmation or charge on my card - and I emailed them twice with no reply .....

7. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

I paid for my Music Vaultz order (I’m in the US) via PayPal. All I got was a confirmation number and a PayPal receipt. When I log into the MV site it shows I have no orders.

They did, however, take the money out of my bank account instantly through PayPal. I’m curious what others’ experiences are with their Music Vaultz orders.

joeislive likes this.
  8. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I ordered the big box from them on 10/19. I had previously ordered this from Universal but the price at Music Vaultz was too good to pass up. I paid by credit card and I honestly haven’t looked to see if the charges went through although I’m sure they have. I received an e-mail a couple of days later with a confirmation number. It’s the last I’ve heard from them. A few days after I finally got a cancellation notice from Universal and my PayPal was refunded. One regret I have though is with the money I saved I also ordered the vinyl Wild Life and the vinyl RRS reconstructed from Music Vaultz. In hindsight I probably should have hedged my bets and ordered them from Amazon. Now, nothing will ship until that big box does.

Mr. Explorer and tonewheeltom like this.
  9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Sometimes Amazon is hard to figure out .

I waited until yesterday to order the 2CD versions of Wildlife and Red Rose Speedway from them.

I don’t order much from them so I’m not an Amazon Prime member so normally I would have to pay shipping if I wanted these fairly quickly but I just opted for free shipping.

I assumed the sets wouldn’t arrive until next week but I just got an email from them that they will arrive tomorrow on release day.

I’m glad I didn’t pop for two or three day shipping or even for regular shipping but I was prepared to wait until next week for delivery so this is a nice surprise.

10. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Hmm, just ordered RRS deluxe and WL deluxe, plus s/t by George Harrison and have been quoted a delivery time of 7 days by Amazon using their free delivery service. That's a bit slow for a £45+ spend.:mad:

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

SHIPPED! First (?) notice from the US official PMc store.
    This is the big barn box.

Apropos, I think, since I was the first one who posted the ordering link... :tiphat:

Will probably take a week or more to get here, tho. Grrr.

12. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Congrats! Did you have an account on the site? I do not and all I ever received was a PayPal receipt. No shipping notice yet.

I had it sent to my parents' house to save on tax so I won't get to enjoy it until I visit for Christmas... but I was nervous it would be delayed. I still remember waiting months for the deluxe Electric Arguments and the lack of communication is still frustrating but hopefully it's waiting for me.

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Yes, I have an account. They provided me a USPS tracking number but of course it isn’t in their system yet. Good luck!

I just hope they package these pricey things with some care...

14. kevintee

I’m happy for you! Enjoy it!

longdist01 and mrjinks like this.
  15. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I'm in the U.S. and I received a shipping notice from the U.S. PM Store. I ordered the big box. There is a tracking number.

I love the updates by text option from the USPS.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Spotify goofed up on what's on disc 2 for their Red Rose Speedway release. It has a mix of songs that are on the double album version only and some of the singles and disc 3 material, but none of the Early Mixes from songs. Makes me anticipate getting the big box sooner even more. Unfortunately no shipping update yet for mine. Hopefully tomorrow?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  17. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

Argh, my credit card flagged my order from MusicVaultz as suspicious, and my order was canceled. I contacted their customer support to see if the order can be revived.

18. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo Thread Starter

19. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Hoping today is the day I can say "We got the tapes!", or the CDs, DVDs, books, etc...

tspit74 likes this.
  20. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I've not used UDiscover before and was a bit concerned that they had a bit of a bad reputation for timely deliveries, tracking etc. Well so far everything looks fine. My set was shipped and an email confirmation received yesterday afternoon. I have just received another email stating that the parcel is with my local courier, with a tracking option that states it will be delivered today between 9.00am and 1.00pm. That all sounds fine to me.

21. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I was interrupted while writing the last post by a knock at the door. A parcel has arrived at 10.55am. Looks like the right size. Deep breath. Be back soon!

22. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Just had an email from Hermes that my BBB will in fact be delivered today.

Strange as udiscover provded no tracking number and I paid for standard delivery, so expected it to come with Royal Mail.

OobuJoobu, dormouse and FKA002 like this.
  23. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Through the outer plastic wrapping. A n intact cardboard box inside and a despatch not stating that it is the 71-73 set. I'm going in...

24. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Very well packed, cardboard box with cardboard spacers inside to offer plenty of protection. Looks good... More plastic shrink-wrap around the actual set itself. This is how to do it!

OobuJoobu likes this.
  25. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The outer cardboard case around the actual individual sets is more substantial that I feared would be the case. Looks nice (No.1211 on the base of the outer box).

OobuJoobu, ConnieGuitar and Beatlebug like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.