Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Hoping a link for the 1971-1973 box pops up on Amazon (US) soon. I would certainly love to get this at a reduced price.

vince and Lewisboogie like this.
  2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Couldn't resist at that price! Thanks for the heads up!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. Oh yeah forgot about the cassette. I ordered one too. Ages ago it seems?!?!?!

4. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Can someone remind us: did the Tug of War super special edition sell out in pre-orders? How quickly? My memory is that it did sell out and was thereafter only available on the (inflated) second-hand market. But maybe I'm misremembering. Anyway, this might be a helpful fact for people to know. RH

5. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

But it has Complain To The Queen on it!

chickendinna likes this.
  6. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

It's better but it is still $110 (depending on tax) for 1 extra CD and a book.
    Still can't justify it. If the difference was no more than $50 I would do it.

lightbulb likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No, they do that on purpose. Amazon did the exact same thing with the White Album box.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Yep, I can't really either. But I am going to get the two separate deluxe sets through MusicVaultz.com as the order comes out to a less heart-attack-inducing $245 for both after the discount. Makes up (somewhat) for missing out on the prices Amazon had up first thing this morning.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Man I'm tempted, but like others, I can't justify the extra bucks, especially since I got in on Amazon's early pricing. (Got some of the Live stuff on Dutch imports anyway.)
    Plus, Universal is horribly slow. Still waiting on my Uber Imagine bundle, my Egypt Station cassettes, badges and t shirt. If you want this on day of release, I would skip Universal for sure.

10. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Just placed my order for the 71-73 super deluxe set at Udiscover UK, but I'll be interested to monitor if there are any cheaper prices anywhere else.

11. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

The trouble is, if you want the super deluxe set, Universal is the only way to go.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

PhoffiFozz and Mr. Explorer like this.
  13. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

The udiscover site is all mess up. First they said the uber box was sold out but it wasn't. Then when I placed my order with my voucher code there was a problem with my credit card which I got straighten out but when I tried to placed my order again it says I can't use that voucher code anymore :mad:

14. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I ordered the 71-73 box and the RRS 2LP. I've had an e mail confirmation for the LP but not the box. On my uDiscover UK account it has the LP as "confirmed" but the box set shows "initial". Can anyone explain this? (both paid up front with paypal and order numbers given for both).

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. pdas1996

pdas1996 Forum Resident

Threw in my pre-orders for the RRS deluxe and original 2xLP sets.

One one hand, I'm glad I did it before the price hike...

On the other hand, I also have the White Album on pre-order, and all three sets together come out to over $300, which bothers me a bit.

On another hand, my birthday is coming up next month, so that might fund part of the RRS sets.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. shavedfish

shavedfish Forum Resident

Juggsnelson likes this.
  17. fatherofnight

fatherofnight Senior Member

Mazzy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  18. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

All you need is cash, da, da, dada, da

19. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Is cancellation difficult with PM site? I’m considering going with Music Vaultz to save a bit.

20. Jack

Jack Senior Member

$360 for me, shipped.

masterbucket and EddieMann like this.
  21. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

You're correct. Forgot the discount code.

22. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Thanks for giving us the heads up on MusicVaultz posting the Uber set! Knowing about their discount codes and free shipping and no tax, I was really hoping yesterday that they would be one of the retailers and they are!

Bit the bullet and preordered. Came out to 371 for me, I guess because PayPal’s exchange rate was a bit worse than whichever CCs you guys were using (MV being a Canadian site of course doesn’t directly accept my Discover Card so I had to go the PayPal route.)

mrjinks and Mazzy like this.
  23. They sure are.

sway61, Mr. Explorer and sws2000 like this.
  24. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

If you review the thread, you’ll see the super-deluxe TOW was gone in a day, Rob. Really. Of course, that time they were clear in stating there would only be 1000 copies, and this time they’ve made no such similar claim...

Rob Hughes and Mr. Explorer like this.
  25. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Anybody else ordered from UDiscover ?
    I did, in Germany, and got a confirmation with order number. They make it sounds like it'll be shipped from Germany ??

The Wings 71-73 boxset costed me 370 euros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.