Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

Oops, sorry, it is "Sweet Thrash" and not "White thrash". I hope I didn't offend any white thrash members of the forum.
    I have read there were 100 copies pressed (50 for the US and 50 for the UK) but I don't know how official those quantities are.
    I will see if one pops up on ebay to check how high it goes.
    Thanks!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I've never been entirely convinced those copies were initialed by Paul. There was never any official confirmation, was there? And the copies seem to have too much variation - IMO - to have all been done by the same hand...

3. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

IIRC the ones sold in England were written on by a different hand than the ones sold in the US.

mrjinks likes this.
  4. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

There is a rumor that SOME (not all) of the UK ones were written by Paul himself, of course the US ones were not, Stuart Bell never confirmed it to me after a few meetings.

SixOClockBoos, javilu77 and mrjinks like this.
  5. dmh84

dmh84 And babe, it's gonna work out fine

Thanks very much, Colin--and for initiating this other possible outlet for us.

colindpratt likes this.
  6. dmh84

dmh84 And babe, it's gonna work out fine

Great insight.
    In fact, the TOW box was just recently on sale at Amazon for around $50, I believe!

marklamb likes this.
  7. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

OK. I didn’t realize that. If there are 100 copies, and I assume it was not signed by McCartney, then I would say it’s still a high three figure item. As a collector, I would still prefer it to the box set of which there are 3000 copies. Of course, you can actually listen to the box set, and enjoy the books.

8. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Its just interesting that Discrepency Records are being told directly by Universal Australia that these sets will be available in the next few weeks. Its not like they are saying we have a few spare copies that were returned ready for resale. They are actually stating it will be available. Some others have also pointed out that SKU numbers appear different. Will be interesting to see if they can fulfill these orders.Very strange.

Paul McCartney & Wings 1971 - 73 limited numbered 11 CD / DVD / Blu-ray box set
    by: Paul Mccartney

Artist Paul Mccartney
    Label
    Genre
    Released 7/12/2018
    Format CD DVD box set
    Country EU
    Barcode # 0602567492887
    Store location pre-order
    SKU HOM00208
    Condition BRAND NEW & SEALED

colindpratt likes this.
  9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

You mean the regular deluxe box. That’s a great price. But, they make a ton of these deluxe boxes.

mrjinks likes this.
  10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I don't think so - not the limited edition. I just looked at items that "sold" and a quick glance saw one going for $200+ and several others for well over $300...

11. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Sweet Thrash is worth that much these days? Wow. I got mine for £9.99 plus shipping.

[​IMG]

12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Very nice! If I ever buy one, I am going to insist on a tweet or other social media post with the record store owner to demonstrate provenance!

13. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

How did you do it?

14. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

I bought mine from ebay UK, had it shipped to a friend in Gravesend who in turn shipped it to a friend on London, who flew to Buenos Aires and gave it to me.

15. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That’s a bootleg, right? I just assumed, unless it was sold to him as a favor because 5thBeatle buys so much memorabilia?

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I hope you at least saved on the VAT tax... ;)

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  17. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

I had to buy my friend dinner in an expensive restaurant.

Arnold Grove likes this.
  18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

You don't want to know what I had to do to get my copy ... :disgust:

19. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

And to the guy who brought the BBB from Peterborough to Buenos Aires I gave an expensive bottle of Malbec wine.

20. 5th-beatle

It's not a bootleg. Thanks to some info that I shared, someone was able to buy it at a store on the release date. That person was grateful and bought another one for me. I guess we did each other a favor.

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Well, I’m glad some of them got into the hands of real collectors at normal prices. That’s great. By the way - what’s your view: is it Paul’s handwriting? Did any experts like Frank Caiazzo look at this item?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    5th-beatle likes this.
  22. Selteab

Selteab Free-hand sketcher and dancer of the hokey-pokey.

I ordered from the PM.com site on 21 October 2018 and my BBB finally arrived on 28 January 2019. It is #2901. So if you’ve ordered and it has not been sent, it may still come through.

23. 5th-beatle

I do my best to share info as soon as I get it. I think a few fans were able to get a copy after I made them aware of this release. I hate to see rare stuff like this in the hands of people who are not fans and are just looking for a big profit.

I really don't know, but I remember @mikecarrera posted (either here or on another forum) some very interesting info on the subject, including pictures.

mikecarrera likes this.
  24. What is this exactly?

Never mind, found it:

PM* - Sweet Thrash

25. 5th-beatle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.