Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

colindpratt likes this.
  2. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Got one as well. I've emailed them, no response.

3. colindpratt

colindpratt Forum Resident

with this in mind i decided to cancel my Discrepancy order. to be candid my plan would've been to try and re-sell, but the uncertainty, repeated delays, and hassle of paying up front and waiting for something that may never come (not to mention my now owing BBB) sealed it for me. i hope it does pan out for those who haven't gotten BBB yet.

marklamb likes this.
  4. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Oh heck, no pressure on me here then if others have their orders fulfilled! :) :sigh:

marklamb likes this.
  5. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

....must.....resist.....

marklamb likes this.
  6. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Looks like Discrepancy is no longer taking orders for the BBB.

7. Sold out? :)

8. But you can receive a notify WHEN it'll be available... :)

marklamb likes this.
  9. dmh84

dmh84 And babe, it's gonna work out fine

AAAAAAAAND, here it is--the dreaded Discrepancy Cancellation:

"We regret to inform you that we are not now going to be able to supply the Paul McCartney & Wings limited edition Wings box set.
    At the end of last year Universal Australia advised us that this set was available through their special import service coming from Europe and could be ordered with delivery within a few weeks.
    We placed an initial order with them and then further orders during January. Each time we ordered and additionally at other times we asked them about the availability of the set and they confirmed it was available to order, that our orders were in process, and that they were scheduled to be delivered to us within their expected time frame. They restated all of this as late as the end of last week when we again queried the status of our orders. Yesterday they told us that the sets are no longer available "at present". They later advised that the set is now deleted.
    We are extremely sorry about this. We feel frankly we have been somewhat led up the garden path on this release. We have had plenty of good experiences of obtaining items through the import service and this is the first time any item has been cancelled."

I just got that email, as I suspect others of you have.
    Oh, well.
    At least they kept hope alive, and for me it wasn't the last hope, as it turned out MusicVaultz came through by a hair.
    Really very sorry to those who still hoped to get it from Discrepancy.

colindpratt, maui jim and marklamb like this.
  10. Yes, the same to my friend... ascwe expected ut should be...

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hope Of Deliverance Discrepancy ... ;)

12. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Received a notice that my RRS deluxe set has shipped and is on the way barring weather delays. :chill:

13. dmh84

Gettin' some pretty outrageous prices on ebay and discogs for the BBB.
    I'm reiterating my thanks for this thread and all your help leading to my obtaining one for regular price!

14. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

I have pretty much given up on ever getting this set now and refuse to pay the insane Ebay prices. I still don't like or agree with the way this release was handled. The material itself is great though....

susyredstripe and maui jim like this.
  15. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

At least the single B-sides were not download only!

marklamb likes this.
  16. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Agreed, I was actually referring to the overly limited edition nature of the release and all the cancelled orders that left a lot of people out in the cold on this one.

17. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Agree. Your avatar and mine should meet:love:

marklamb likes this.
  18. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

CD Warehouse is a nice chain store in Hong Kong, where I live. This is what I saw when I went in to the Mong Kok store for a browse a few days ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The price was HK$2999 (around US$380). Plus a 5% discount for store card holders (like me). I’m not the world’s biggest Macca fan, but I couldn’t resist at that price.

I’d already bought the individual WL & RRS sets. Now I have to decide whether to sell those, or the big box! The box is so damn beautiful I can’t really see myself selling it, though I’m sufficiently undecided not to open it for now.

19. dmh84

I love it!
    That's the type of treasure-hunt I love, and only record stores can make it happen!!
    Wow. Huge Congrats!

colindpratt and nedwho like this.
  20. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

Totally. It’s quite a while that I’ve had that kind of unexpected find. I wonder if any other rogue BBB sets will show up on a record store shelf somewhere around the world?

It’s an obvious thing to say, but we’ve really gotta keep these places going!

21. FredV

FredV Senior Member

My RRS deluxe set arrived today!

[​IMG]

22. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Looks beautiful!

longdist01 and FredV like this.
  23. Phil P

Phil P Forum Resident

I'm a bit behind the curve here, but being the owner of a BBB I do occasionally check Discogs to see whether its actually been sold on there yet.

To my surprise, one actually has! At £900! - two months after release I thought the initial excitement might have calmed down a bit - and I know eBay can attract artificially inflated prices just because of the 'thrill of the chase' in the bidding process. But Discogs?
    Wow.

24. Phil P

Phil P Forum Resident

At least the item now contributes to the value of my Collection on that site......

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  25. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

I finally decided to open mine, so won’t be taking advantage of the inflated prices. It’s a lovely box and Wings Over Europe is wonderful - but really no one should be shelling out £900!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.