Will Apple Release The Get Back Album?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by saborlord123, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." Thread Starter

With it being the 50th anniversary of Let It Be this year, do you think Apple will release the original Gyln Johns mix of the Get Back album?

2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If it were my call I would release scads of materials from the sessions as part of a box but I see no merit to any of Glyn's compilations per se.

3. puddingdish

puddingdish Forum Resident

Whatever its flaws, Spector's version is still the most listenable attempt at salvaging an album from those sessions.

4. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

I believe it was confirmed in a news article about the Peter Jackson movie. I'll try to find it.

D-rock and saborlord123 like this.
  5. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." Thread Starter

Thanks! :righton:

6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I agree.
    The Glyn Johns' compilation is too limiting at this point in time. There are much better and more comprehensive ways to approach the material.

7. Arnold Grove

Not confirmed. It was mentioned by Richard Porter, who gives London Beatles tours. But he is NOT an insider with impeccable credentials.

Luke The Drifter, Bern, intv7 and 2 others like this.
  8. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Ahh, yes that's what it was from. My mistake.

saborlord123 likes this.
  9. MaccaBeatles

MaccaBeatles Forum Resident

I'd prefer if they made something similar to Let It Be Naked but with better sound (no noise reduction) and the best takes (use the correct single mix for 'Don't Let Me Down' for example.)

By all means use the original Get Back cover art though. :righton:

linklinc, warewolf95, belardd and 7 others like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

It still could happen though. So anything is possible.

I just wanted to clarify that absolutely nothing has been confirmed audio-wise.

11. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

How about a combination of the best of Glyn Johns mixes that include TEDDY BOY, I ME MINE, AND ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, plus his version of LET IT BE ? I think that could be a fun listening experience.

Blimpboy likes this.
  12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Use ANYTHING other than the Let It Be Naked artwork. Hell I'd take an alternate shot of the Two Virgins cover over that travesty.

13. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

Oh my.

14. Thunderman

Thunderman Forum Resident

Why do you want to water down The Beatles catalogue?
    They have their 13 canon albums, let's leave it at that.
    (And of course we have to make it 14...an album of the non-album singles and b-sides.)

No need for "Get Back," or "Naked," or "Anthology," or BBC Sessions... Did anybody really go crazy over them? Does anybody play them as much as "Revolver" or "Rubber Soul," or "Abbey Road"? Those later released cash grab albums are nothing but dust collectors. Now you want to add another one and call it "Get Back"?

Gila likes this.
  15. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

No they will not.

16. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Never understood that cover. ..

17. lrpm

lrpm Forum Resident

Not on any of the normal and the 2-cd deluxe editions, yes in the super-deluxe box

18. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Definitely part of the big set:cheers:

donmac and boggs like this.
  19. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I wouldn't expect Get Back in either of its original configurations, although an expanded Let It Be may include more of Glyn Johns' mixes or the takes he selected.

steve_miller likes this.
  20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'd vote...'possibly'!

21. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I don’t know. It would be nice to have as part of a deluxe box but if it’s a choice between a disc of that or outtakes I’d rather more session outtakes. They could easily release a limited edition low key vinyl version of it (the same as the Xmas and Singles boxes) at some point this year , or even simultaneously alongside the release of the deluxe set,as I’m sure plenty of fans would love to own a legit( official ) copy of it and I’m sure it would sell a decent amount. I would prefer that actually, this way that bit of history is acknowledged but doesn’t wind up being the focus of the main box set.

22. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

I think what we may get will be a new film (from existing good stuff), and if Giles Martin remixes the project, we will get high-resolution remixes including all of the Spectorization. It will sound very good, I would hope.
    With the available material, I think that tracks from LIBN could be added in, sans Spectorizations, but receiving fresh mixes.
    This could be the album that Paul McCartney finally puts his foot down and changes the album...we shall see.

23. 2141

2141 Forum Resident

I would think there will be some "Ultimate Collectors Edition" that will include the Johns mixes. I mean those are a definite part of the album's history. And McCartney always liked what Johns did, so I think it's very possible. Again only for the biggest box set they end up putting out. :agree:

24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Given there are a number of decent bootlegs readily available of the Glyn John's mixes I suspect they will release it.....mainly to protect copyright of the material.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I voted who cares...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.