Windows 10 Users - What Are We Using to Rip CD's and Play MP3's These Days?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by uzn007, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

Whatever you use, don't rip to a lossy format ...

2. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat Thread Starter

If you haven't read the first message in the thread, you're not obligated to post.

3. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

Of course I've read the first message.
    Just wanted to give you the opportunity to learn from the widespread experience that ripping lossless means ripping (at least) twice.
    Good luck.

4. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat Thread Starter

Gee thanks. Nobody's ever suggested that to me before.

5. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

EAC stopped working on my windows 10 Laptop about a year ago (any version).So am using dBpoweramp and playing back on Foobar with WASAPI plug-in and Sabre usb DAC.

Ripping on a great top loading Liteon eTDU108 external CD drive i got for £9 on ebay.

6. MisterKite

MisterKite Well-Known Member

7. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I've been using EAC since, well almost forever. It does the job, it's able to handle every job I thrown at it but I'll admit its UI is nothing to write home about.

8. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

JRiver, and some other well featured media players, can convert FLAC to MP3 on the fly when you sync to a portable device. That's how I sync to my iPod. JRiver also can keep a separate directory as a sort of virtual handheld that syncs your main library to MP3. So it is possible to rip everything to FLAC and then have JRiver or a similar player make a copy of everything in your library to MP3 and keep that in sync. It will be a little bit more complicated to set that up initially, but that sort of setup can work.

MisterKite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.