Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

I noticed the same thing. HOWEVER, I also noticed some websites sporting THIS cover for the original double album:

[​IMG]

Iprefer the white background with red text to be honest,

2. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

A story I remember was that it was a mispronunciation that he liked so it stayed in. Not that they had much time for overdubs!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Well sorry for your problems. The big box is sold out and the rest of us deserve a chance to buy this disc. Or do you think that we should never get a chance to listen?

4. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I love Wild Life the song and I think that the 'aminals' add to the charm.

JDeanB, Yorick, planckera and 5 others like this.
  5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

We can’t have it both ways.

If an ‘exclusive’ disc in an expensive limited box set is released separately down the line, you piss off everyone who stumped up for the large price who wouldn’t have if not for the disc.

If you keep it exclusive, then of course it’s an annoyance to people who want to own it but don’t want to/can’t afford to buy the Uber deluxe set.

It’s not about who ‘deserves’ to be able to own it. Let’s not go down the route of ‘ive been a fan for ‘x’ number of years thus I’m entitled to ‘y’.

As I’ve said before, the best way of pleasing both sides is if we see a Wings Live boxset that features different performances from the same tours. That’s the only way I can imagine allowing others to hear some of the early Wings performances without reducing the value of the boxset too much.

6. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

It's an outfake made for a bootleg release I guess, the pic is originally from 1976 (he's got the ATSOS necklace he wears in Rock Show)

7. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

You had the same chance to buy this disc as everyone else. I presume you chose not to. That's your call. Should every disc that's exclusive to an expensive box be reissued individually?

8. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Yes.

Probably the best way to resolve this would be to put it out solely on vinyl. That way the exclusivity of the CD in the big box remains but the music would still be available to those on a lower budget. Paul is not averse to stand alone vinyl exclusives. Twin Freaks and Ram (Mono) being two cases in point, the latter otherwise being only available as part of a big box, much like the current situation.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    vitorbastos123, Shak Cohen and hazard like this.
  9. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I'm getting the box and would have absolutely no problem if they released the live set separately in the future because then those who missed out for whatever reason would get the chance to hear it. I've come across this "it should remain exclusive" argument before and it is frankly, pathetic.

10. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I completely agree. Like many others, I spent a lot of money for this box but that was my choice. That being said, I could care less if they do a second pressing or if they release the live disc separately. I am going to enjoy the music and the box's assorted ephemera regardless if they produce 1,000 copies or 100,000 copies. If the item is only eventually worth half of what I paid for it a few years down the road, it does not take into account the immeasurable enjoyment I will have received by enjoying the music over that same time.

The music should eventually be available to anyone who wants to hear it. Anyone who buys this and is more worried about who and who does not get to hear it and/or its future financial "value" instead of their own personal enjoyment of the music is misguided.

jacden, vitorbastos123, FJFP and 5 others like this.
  11. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

For those who ordered the big box, what type of confirmation emails have you received? I just went to look back over my email records, and all I received was a Paypal receipt, and nothing from Universal or PM.com.

12. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I received a confirmation email from PM.com right after placing the order but I have read many others, such as yourself, did not.

As I paid via CC, is it possible this issue may be exclusive to those who paid via PayPal? It seems to be a possibility considering the missing email confirmation stories I have read all seem to involve PayPal.

13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I have a confirmation email from MusicVaultz for the order. It lists the order number, date ordered and price paid, along with the release date.

14. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Credit card at Music Vaultz. $360 pending charge which has gone. Rec’d confirmation email. They charge at shipping.

15. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

It's not about whether or not the box holds its value. It's about whether I end up forking out an extra £80 for something I could later buy for £10 if I'd waited. I'm not interested in maintaining exclusivity but its just massively annoying when one doesn't have money to throw around. It's a big decision for many (me included) to spend this sort of money so I only do so because I feel I have no choice if I want to hear the music. if it turns out that I didn't need to throw away my hard earned, it would be very hurtful. That has nothing to do with whether others get to hear the music or not.

Personally, I don't like using music in this way but then I also acknowledge that there's a lot of material only available in expensive boxes and one either buys them or does not. I mean, does anyone resent that they can't buy the White Album outtakes outside of the big box?

16. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, it'll have to wait for the re-re-issues.....

Jerry Horne likes this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Perhaps there will be a second edition, which will only cost $350...? [I can dream!] :shrug:

Edit: As long as I'm dreaming, how about making it $299.98??

18. PrancyTheWonderBug

PrancyTheWonderBug Forum Resident

They're free on Spotify.

19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, that and the "Urakraine girls" really knock me out! :nyah:

20. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Price is a separate issue - you have to accept there are inevitably going to be price reductions for most things down the line. It's the price you pay (no pun intended) for wanting an item immediately upon release.

RAJ717 likes this.
  21. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Same with me. Confirmed that credit card was charged. I am thinking all should still be fine since card was charged and shipping address is correct and PayPal receipt has confirmation order number. Luck be a lady tonight !

22. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Can't fit as much. But I'm betting that they could've easily put the contents of both DVDs on the blu-ray. Why they chose not to is anyone's guess.

23. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Personally I don t care if the livedisc will be available outside the big box. It was my choice to order it. Besides we get a photobook and tour programme so it s not only the disc we pay for.
    I recieved a confirmation order with a order nr. The money has not yet been drawn from my visa but I guess it will be in time

24. And then there is the added 90 page book and exterior slip case tray box That’s something I’m looking forwaed too as well. .

25. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Got email today from PMC store. It says the new double album is ' reconstucted based on orignal acetates and master tapes as it was originally conceived '. Fingers crossed, but sounds as thought we may get some alternate mixes of some of these familiar songs. I hope, I hope, I hope.....