Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, Heather Mills was incredibly forward looking. In fact, she was looking way beyond her pocket book by millions ... ;)

2. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

She obvs meant the world to Paul.:cry:

5th-beatle, supermd, theMess and 9 others like this.
  3. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Wild Life bonus tracks = :disgust::(

4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I can agree that that disc ain t the strongest in the series but you forgot to mention When the wind is blowin that-imo-might be the best unreleased piece IV ever heard from Paul. Really love that one and it s way different from other versions IV heard
    I sort of enjoy the home-demos as well
    They could have put the live-disc on the Wild Life deluxe -would have saved me some money.
    Still waiting for the big one though

Shaddam IV, pantofis, theMess and 7 others like this.
  5. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

In the Egypt Station promos, he mentioned somewhere that he saw a squirrel that reminded him of Linda. Talking about that, you could tell that she still does mean the world to him.

6. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I hope some of you were able to catch Chris Carter's special on the Beatles channel that played throughout the weekend on the WL/RRS and "Big Box"....

Some info we all know, some new info, and just a treat to hear all of this material on the radio. The remastering sounded great even on Satellite radio and its audio limitations..........

7. jricc

jricc Senior Member

When The Wind is Blowing is a great lost track, beautiful melody

8. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Linda got up there on stage and did it, she got better at it as time went by, she brought a fresh and interesting perspective to the boy’s club of rock, and I enjoy so many of her contributions to Wings. Good on her.

5th-beatle, supermd, theMess and 8 others like this.
  9. Pbirdchat

Pbirdchat Forum Resident

Good afternoon. I'm getting the RRS Deluxe box set for Christmas but was thinking about getting the Reconstructed RRS as well. The one that looks like an acetate, plain white cover with red lettering. I watched John Heaton's review of the Reconstructed RRS and he thought the sound quality was slightly infierior. he said one had to really turn it up to get close to the fidelity of the CDs / single LP RRS. Any thoughts out there from those that have listened to the Reconstructed RRS?

10. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I didn’t mention every song because I assume
    nobody here really wants or needs my track by track review . :p

I’ve had “When the Wind Is Blowing” since the Rupert the Bear Demos bootleg CD was released, which has to be 25 or 30 years ago at this point .
    Keep in mind, I was talking about the second CD as it relates to me only, not everyone in general.

For the folks that haven’t owned “When the Wind is Blowing” or have never heard it, it’s definitely a great track to have .

I like the Rupert the Bear Demos CD (and the McGear record) as much as most of Paul’s actual releases.

BeSteVenn and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  11. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

The two original 'My Love' videos (almost the same but different angles on both, different end, etc).
    Live vocals here thank God! (same as the original 1973 versions)

12. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Agree completely. First class archive sets. Definitive.

5th-beatle and Oyster Boy like this.
  13. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I love both albums so much but I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger for an expensive box set. But the damn mouse show is a must. Conflicted.

theMess likes this.
  14. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Tell Amazon that the market for physical media has dried up.....

I have a friend "higher up at Amazon" who said that as of November 2018 that Amazon had already sold more CD's and DVD's/Blu-Ray's than 2016 or 2017 by year end!

Long Live physical media!

15. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

You’re correct, an unpopular conclusion. I actually think she blended in with the harmonies wonderfully. Wings songs without her aren’t the same.

supermd, theMess, Oyster Boy and 5 others like this.
  16. dudley07726

Yes, brilliant. And it got many (including me) to buy the big box. Many people who missed out or couldn’t afford it were pissed. Brilliant!

ted321 likes this.
  17. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

It's here.

Imgur

Never heard a word from the store because I put in the wrong email and they never answered my inquires but it came today so all is good.

5th-beatle, theMess, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  18. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

The mastering should be pretty identical to the regular RRS reissue. I thought it sounded fantastic on my system

Eska68 and Dr. Pepper like this.
  19. Emholio

Emholio Forum Resident

Not only Biker, but Dress Me Up As A Robber. You could call it Dress Me Up As An Icon.

20. dudley07726

Why would it sound inferior? It’s not the acetate itself. It’s just following the acetates running order.

21. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

I can see the same thing again for London Town& Back To The Egg - a big box with a wings ‘79 live cd maybe the Glasgow show and a book of tour photos!

Start saving

peace and love✌Dave

theMess, Wingsfan2012, Paul H and 2 others like this.
  22. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Everyone in Aussie who ordered from Importcds has their sets stuck in Sydney.

23. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Hang in there Greg. You'll get it soon one way or another.

24. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

Wingsfan2012 and mikecarrera like this.