Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Then I guess I shouldn’t feel so bad that my tracking information says mine will arrive by Feb 1, 2019.

I requested (demanded?) they send another one faster and I’ll return the first, but I know there’s not a chance that will happen. I actually have no faith the thing will ever actually show up.

What a way to run a retail operation.

marklamb likes this.
  2. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

So I'm assuming it was basically recorded during the RRS sessions as well but saved for the B-side of "Walking Through The Park With Eloise"?

tug_of_war likes this.
  3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

"When The Wind is Blowing" is a Ram-era outtake, right? Is there any reason I shouldn't group it with Ram instead of Wild Life in my digital library?

4. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Correct. I did so myself ;)

5. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Because people think that the big box only has as an extra 'Wings Over Europe' CD

sws2000 likes this.
  6. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

All those fools are doing at this point is driving the price way up.

StateOfTheArt likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

All graduates of the Allen Klein School Of Economics ... ;)

8. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

So I pre-ordered twice (accidentally) the big box from amazon when it was up for 10 minutes. Last week ONE of them was cancelled and I got a $5 credit. Early this morning a $313 (U.S.) charge is pending on my credit card.

Could it be ?

omikron and Frank like this.
  9. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

keep it or sell it that's the question

marklamb likes this.
  10. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I would never sell mine. The financial gain doesn't equal the regret I'd feel ten years from now if I did.

11. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

My only regret is that I didn't buy two copies :)

12. Christobal

Christobal Forum Resident

I had a similar experience on release day and immediately contacted their "support team" via their online form. Resubmitted on Monday. It's now been a week with no response and no resolution. :realmad: Wild Life worked fine.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  13. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

What was I thinking????? The "STORYBOOK" alone is probably worth $500! Now I feel bad! NOT!

Frank and marklamb like this.
  14. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

My order on PM.com was cancelled and my money was credited back to my credit card. I had no idea until I checked my account? Kind of glad now!

marklamb likes this.
  15. agrasso77

agrasso77 Musicologist

Is this email valid also to solve problems with orders made on Udiscover? I have tried to write to Nick two days ago but still haven't received a reply...

16. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Anybody else out there think Henry McCullough should have spent more time tuning his guitar? From the opening note of Give Ireland all the way through RRS and singles, one could call his guitar playing, er, “pitchy”. Excepting perhaps My Love.

17. paustin0816

I don't know. I believe that he is only dealing with Music Vaultz orders.
    Here's his exact quote and signature:

"If any other McCartney/ MusicVaultz customers are having troubles or had their orders cancelled, please have them reach out to me directly at [email protected] and we’ll try and sort everyone out.

Thanks,

Nick"

So I am going to say no, he can't help directly. But he may be able to send it over to them. I have not had a reply back from him in a few days either, I am trying to not be a pest which has been hard.

susyredstripe and cmi like this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'm just not interested in going through extra steps because of their mistakes. The whole thing was poorly executed. For (over) a hundred dollars less I'll have the two individual super deluxes without going through any hoops and garters. I did even previously reply to the email that said my order had been cancelled with a request to reopen it, which I was told could not be done. I mean, of course it can be done. Recreate the order, send me an invoice, and if I pay, ship out a box. Oh well. Lesson learned for next time!

Spencer R and marklamb like this.
  19. paustin0816

I agree but we don't have many options open. But you are correct lesson learned for the next time. This has been a nightmare. I was right there at midnight on the 7th when the text came in from my cc company saying they flagged the sale for possible fraud and was it me. I could not have responded quicker. They had a reply within 30 seconds and the merchant dropped the ball, they never reran it. I fired off emails to every address I had for them telling them that's all they needed to do. They would not, they said they could not which is BS.

theMess, mrjinks and marklamb like this.
  20. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I didn't even use a card. I went with paypal, and there was no such flag. Looking back at it now, it appears they refunded me when I requested my confirmation email. The funny part is, there is a "credit" email, which now I understand is them crediting me back the money, but AFTER that (maybe an hour later at most) I received my order confirmation. And maybe I would have caught the paypal refund but I had gotten refunded on paypal for something else too (eBay seller who promises free combined shipping but for some reason I still get charged for each item and then they refund me the difference) so I didn't catch that. Might not have mattered anyway, as they were already sold out by then I think.

marklamb likes this.
  21. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie Forum Resident

Great, thanks a lot for the hint!

DocShipe likes this.
  22. Calico

Calico Senior Member

With the ICA rehearsal of "My Love", which predates even the Feb 1972 University tour, we now have the earliest known version of "My Love", which wouldn't be released for more than a year!

But where's the "Lucille" footage from the ICA?

Great to have the full 1971 Campbeltown footage, with "Good Rockin' Tonight" and "She Got It Good", those two being a real surprise
    Paul and MPL have been giving us this footage tiny bit by tiny bit since the "Wings Over The World" documentary in 1979, I wonder what's still left from that lovely outdoor session.

supermd, theMess, Who Cares and 3 others like this.
  23. Andre Acvedo

Andre Acvedo Sargento Primero

Anyone else feel that "My Love" could have easily been at home on either Abbey Road or Let It Be.. I think it sounds very Beatles, would have loved to have heard George's solo attempt.

24. rsinige

rsinige Forum Resident

My Egypt 2 colour vinyl was cancelled by universal, they reimbursed me and sent the cd Fox, not good for a huge company, probably too big!!

25. Cal Cypher

Cal Cypher Forum Resident

So many people not enjoying the mostly 'home recordings' bonus Lp on the Wild Life reissue? (I only have the Lp's on vinyl)
    It's great! To me it's a rare and thoroughly enjoyable treat. The Dear Friend (Home Recording 1) version is so raw and unfiltered,... It comes across as more sincere and emotional than the album version.

Also: how was this not received better back in the day? Such a great album. I wasn't familiar with it up until now and came to it with fresh ears and was blown away by it. It such a 'loose' and fun record, varied and accessible, that I was surprised to find out how the critics, and to an extent the McCartneys themselves, put it down as a lesser record.

Time was very kind to it and I suspect many a alternative/ low fi rock fan will be pleasantly surprised by Wild Life. Bonus LP included.