Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Sorry for getting back on topic, but...

Are people still having issues with the BBB hi-res downloads? I know that people were having problems around Christmas with incomplete downloads and staff not returning emails.

Is it safe?

2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

There's a certain irony that Mr. "I count the number of cell phones lit up during each song" would introduce 3 brand new songs at The Concert for New York, which was probably the one time to definitely NOT choose to do that. Maybe the experience forever scarred him. :)

To bring this back on topic a bit:

1973 Wings Concert Attendee: "He's doing 'The Mess' again? Why doesn't he drop this and play something cool like 'Hey Jude'?"
    2019 McCartney Concert Attendee: "He's doing 'Hey Jude' again? Why doesn't he drop this and play something cool like 'The Mess'?"

joy stinson, Hep Alien, FJFP and 23 others like this.
  3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Idk, but I'd rather have Freedom as the closer on Driving Rain than Rinse The Raindrops. Almost like Revolution 9 followed by Good Night, but slightly better.

4. SixOClockBoos

Anyone heading to see (or has already seen) Bruce McMouse in theaters? I'm going to a showing later tonight. Super excited to see it on the big screen and for the first time.

5. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Saw Bruce McMouse on the big screen and got a free poster! Sounded and looked fantastic! Cool to hear songs like, "Eat At Home, "Wild Life" and "Seaside Woman" in a big surround sound theater. Well done, MPL.

6. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Different strokes for different folks, I'll take Freedom!

You're right, Freedom isn't as bad as the stuff McCartney is doing these days, the stuff these days is so much better! Dominoes could be considered a new McCartney classic!

The difference is the Wings attendee never said that, because McCartney wasn't repeating The Mess tour after tour after tour the way he does his Beatle heavy set list of today!

Hep Alien and tug_of_war like this.
  7. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

There's a dedicated thread for Bruce McMouse cinema show why not use it and keep this thread on topic? I did see Bruce last night and my comments are already in that thread.

8. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Bruce McMouse is way more on topic than “Freedom”, Driving Rain, or Paul’s latest single.

9. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

This is on topic, I absolutely love Best Friend! McCartney's vocal is just excellent, and I love the pulsing blues rock of the guitars, wish McCartney had performed this one over the years.

Hep Alien and anthontherun like this.
  10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Agreed this thread has been ridiculously off topic for days at least!

11. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

My favorite part is when I made a jerk of myself on the Carl Perkins topic.

But in all seriousness, Paul threads aways go off topic and it’s enjoyable. I love these free range conversations between releases just as much as topic about releases.

12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Böasting out the studio-version of 1882. Really starting to enjoy this one. Given the lenght of the song I can understand it didn t make the album but it s really a good one.
    Might be some of the heaviest and darkest things Paul ever recorded. Up to this release I was not aware there was a studio-recording of this one
    Of course the live-version is uniformly brilliant as well. The home-demo is an interesting glanze intovPauls musical head
    1882 is a classic ”murder”-ballad and to my attempt Pauls only arrempt inbthis genre. He does it incredible well

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  13. easyge

easyge Senior Member

I downloaded all of them on Sunday. Worked fine.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  14. I actually downloaded everything around Christmas with no problems whatsoever. I guess I was one of the lucky ones!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Just ordered the vinyl set of Red Rose Speedway (standard album plus bonus audio).

tug_of_war likes this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Is it on the remaster only?

17. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

Wasn't in unreleased until now?

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yes, it was on bootlegs previously. I mean, was the click in there, too?

19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Iv been listening some to the orchestra up version of Dear Friend. It s a brilliant orchestration but I surely prefer the ontimacy of the original release. At least for me it fits the(dark) mood of the song. The rough mix without orchestra is stunning as well. So now we have five versions to pick from
    2 honedemos
    1 original release
    1rough mix
    1 orchestra up

joy stinson, Hep Alien and tug_of_war like this.
  20. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

As opposed to? I don't recall it being on the bootleg I had years ago.

21. HE1NZ

HE1NZ Forum Resident

Why wasn't Get on the Right Thing released as a single? The song is a McCartney perfection.

22. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

It's perfect until his plug comes out. :)

23. SixOClockBoos

This thread goes off topic every other page. Besides, here we are talking about "Freedom" and before that we were talking about whether GM really did veto "My Old Friend" from Tug Of War. My bad for not using an active thread that was essentially inactive until yesterday :tiphat:

MySweetFork and MPLRecords like this.
  24. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I think many have said already, but no doubt that the original double album of "RRS" is now my "go-to" version for the album. Have not taken that CD out of the car in a month now...

Nothing like being half asleep and driving to work blasting "Night Out".....

[​IMG]

25. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

As Paul told Hugh Padgham in 1986.........."When did you have your last hit".......:hide:

And as Sir Ringo said "Peace and Love, Peace and Love"!

joy stinson, JDeanB and tug_of_war like this.