Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Sticks out as the best song on thr slbum to me.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

My Love just awful, and doesn't suit the album.

C6H12O6 likes this.
  3. Interesting choices but at the time it would need a strong single to help sell the album. While there are some good to great songs here, none of them scream single to me.

4. Regardless of how one feels about the album and the single, keeping it on the album was the right choice simply based on how well it did as a single and helped sell the album.

5. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I 100% agree; I feel that total sales of 'BTTE' and 'London Town' ultimately suffered because Paul didn't include the hit singles released at similar times on the albums, and there is no doubt that 'My Love', a big hit single, definitely helped 'RRS' commercially.

6. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

And it is helped immeasurably by being restored to its original placement on the album!!

7. Choba b CCCP

Choba b CCCP Forum Resident

I just decided to leave the singles out of the list and see what would happen, that’s all. Of course I love My Love.

Dr. Pepper and SixOClockBoos like this.
  8. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Remember thinking when My Love came out it was first classic McCartney ballad since going solo. Have clear memory though of a UK radio programme reviewing it and Mr American Pie Don McLean giving it the thumbs down. Whatever happened to him?

joy stinson, TimM and planckera like this.
  9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

My Love - while not my fave Paul solo song, it is a nice production and not one of his lesser hit songs. And I would guess it charted rather high. A nice closer to the album, and I doubt PM considered leaving it off.

TaumpyTears likes this.
  10. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

[​IMG]
    ;)

11. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Very good. Big Maccasque thumbs up!

12. TimM

TimM Senior Member

I completely agree that the single LP was the right choice at that time. (Too Much filler otherwise) The real fun is obviously picking the tracks that would make up the strongest single disc set.

TaumpyTears and OobuJoobu like this.
  13. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

For those interested my podcast buddy and I just did an episode on RRS and discussed the pros/cons of the proposed double LP as well as discussing early Wings history of 71-73.

Also on iTunes! Give us a listen. Just a couple guys who obsess over the minutiae like most of us!

‎2Legs: A Paul McCartney Podcast on Apple Podcasts

leeroy jenkins and kevintee like this.
  14. Jackstar74

Jackstar74 Forum Resident

oh get off it man...its a damn love song to his wife. Get over it!

15. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I prefer it!

16. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I strongly prefer the double album version of RRS and that version is probably in my top 5 of Macca Post Beatles albums!

[​IMG]

17. Wingsfan2012

This was pretty incredible too and even though I knew I was getting it, it took up a lot of room under the Christmas tree last year!

[​IMG]

Oyster Boy likes this.
  18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Woh woh woh. ....

So what? So is Maybe I'm Amazed and that is brilliant

19. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

So is "My Love".

20. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

It's a dreadful dirge, trying way too hard to reach the level of Something and failing.

(good guitar solo though).

applebonkerz likes this.
  21. Jackstar74

Jackstar74 Forum Resident

Yeah ya think??? Henry 's guitar solo put's my love over the top...SCHMALTZ RULES! GUY...I'm messing with you btw

joy stinson likes this.
  22. Mr wiggles

Mr wiggles Forum Resident

I make my own version of RRS by removing my love and adding mammas little girl.

adm62 likes this.
  23. Wingsfan2012

Don't have to do that, just buy the double album version and "Mama's Little Girl" is right there!

andrewskyDE, I333I and supermd like this.
  24. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Time to revisit the BBB, after putting it back under the tree, given there is unlikely to be an Archive this year. Heck, I think I will re-watch James Paul McCartney.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  25. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I don’t think it was trying too hard to be anything, it is soo McCartney. I will never understand how anyone could not like My Love.

but on that same thought, I don’t know when the last time I made it all the way through without skipping it, I’ve heard it way too much to get any enjoyment out of it.

joy stinson likes this.