Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Did you notice Wild Life is credited Paul McCartney and Wings

2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Does anyone have a UK link for the Super Deluxe?

jl151080, gibtti and Oyster Boy like this.
  3. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Nothing yet :cry:

4. PeterWalker

PeterWalker Member

Apparently it should go live on this webpage at some point today:

1971 - 1973

jl151080 likes this.
  5. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Have any of our insiders confirmed the $400 set will be exclusive to a certain number of units?

6. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I'll probably just get the 2cd sets ... what is Bruce Mcmouse?

7. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

'indeed i do' on spotify sounds so good. it sounds like a natural extension from mccartney 1.

theMess likes this.
  8. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I was referring to someone calling the pricing "mean" and another calling it "not fair" but I didn't want to specifically shame the posters for it.

Of course each person has to look at their situation and see if spending $400 is worth it for this considering what not having that $400 would mean to them. To me, $400 is 2+ years of my entire family streaming all the music we can listen to. At it's heart, I'm only really interested in the remastered albums and the 1 CD each of bonus, and then the Over Europe CD, so it works out to $350 for one CD over what the 2CD sets would offer. And what I really want to hear will stream, so it's really $400 for a CD to me. Books and video can pound sand IMO. I hardly ever look at them.

I just didn't want you to think that I was criticizing someone making the decision that $400 is too much for them to spend, because I had made that same decision. Every dollar I spend is a dollar that's not being put to work making other dollars, so I'm very conscious of determining the personal value of something. I totally get that, because I'm there. I was specifically referring to the hurt attitude about the price.

Studio_Two, Sean, lightbulb and 4 others like this.
  9. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Stuck my head in the lion's mouth yet again this year and preordered 1971-1973 on the UM Store.

Sean, Jerry Horne and mrjinks like this.
  10. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I wish the UK link for the big box would appear and put me out of my misery. Every prediction I have made about this project to myself and on the threads has been proven wrong - thankfully! This surpasses all expectations. Sacrifices to planned purchases will need to be made to afford it, but it looks fantastic.

theMess and Paul H like this.
  11. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

There's enough money going to The (Former) Beatles this year! Speedway and Wild Life will have to be consumed using Spotify....I'll start saving for that London Town/Back To The Egg-set!!

angelees likes this.
  12. Totally understandable. Luckily there are many options and most cheaper.

13. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I haven't progressed an order far enough but has it been confirmed that the link will only post to the US? I recall being charged in dollars for the Electric Arguments box many moons ago and that shipped to the UK so this might too.

14. omikron

Carrying this over from the prior thread:

I have recordings of a few of the 72 shows (Arles, Antwerp, The Hague, Montraux) and it's a lot of the same caliber as Wild Wife: sparse, loose and rough around the edges.

But the recordings are so a lot of fun if you get past the reason most of us don't like Wild Life.

There are some odd and brash choices in that setlist. Mary Had A Little Lamb . . . live !? Linda singing on stage still in her learning phase with I Am Your Singer AND Seaside Woman !? Henry's Blues?

What we are getting though to make it all better is practically a whole setlist of songs completely new and foreign to us in the released world.

Wings Over Europe will best be viewed by us as a historical document and a fun little view into a very early Paul solo career where he's risking it all. Putting all his cards on the table to make a new name for himself and rise to the top of the world once again.

So to expand on some comments already in this thread - I feel like hearing the 72 shows lumped in with 73 in these sets would just sound too strange. They are polar opposites of each other in craft and quality.

I'd have to thing that the 73-79 remaining shows and tours we haven't already received are going to be in the speculated Wings live box next year.

Things are missing from these releases for a reason. Just like things are obviously missing from many of the prior Archive releases to date.

Sean, lightbulb, theMess and 3 others like this.
  15. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

To be honest, I mostly want the books. I wish they sold all of these books separately because that's what I would buy. I can stream the music. :hide:

I preordered both deluxe sets but Wild Life is the one I really want and I may cancel RRS ($130!) unless the price drops significantly. IMO, both sets should be priced at $75, at most. If the big Imagine set can be priced at $65, these should be in that range, too. I paid about $90 for Ram and that's my favorite McCartney album.

16. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I'm bummed.. Paul is one of those artists I collect all the audio of (video is secondary but all audio is the goal). So far I've been successful. But I don't know how I can swing this. $400 plus taxes/shipping to nab "Wings Over Europe." After buying the Petty and Lennon boxes, and Kinks, Dylan, and White Album to come.. I am having a hard time justifying this.. but I'm keeping my options open. I gotta figure it out.

17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Consider though...the '72 and '73 tours: no Beatles songs. Compare that to now...:laugh:

phillyal1, Sean, theMess and 3 others like this.
  18. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I was able to order the Tug Of War super deluxe a few years ago, but not the latest 1971-1973 boxed set. I'm assuming it's the same webstore for both?

19. omikron

I know, it's like a whole unexplored world for us. It will be interesting and I am curious how the sound quality is. Haven't heard them clean before.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  20. Darryl D.

Darryl D. Forum Resident

I'm loving the bundle! :goodie:

21. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Ok, how many of you truly believe Wings Over Europe will remain exclusive?

That would be leaving money on the table, which is not typical.

I want it too, but I bet a little patience will pay off—literally, in this case.

22. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Hopefully the Big one will be availabe for idéer outside USA
    I find the thing pricey but can t complain. Don t think one pay all these money for just 1 cd(live ) since you also get some other stuff anong them a Photo book. Brooks like that doesn t Come cheap. Bedides it s a limited Numbered thing that probably will be worth even more in the future
    Don t see any reason to complain about the price it is what it is and people will buy it

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

Hard to say for sure, but many things have remained exclusive to the Box Sets. Live at the Cow Palace, the original mix of Tug of War, the mono version of Ram.

Sean, lightbulb, Larry Geller and 2 others like this.
  24. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

"Wings Over Europe" is the carrot.

25. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

What the heck is the tug of war exclusive? Was it different than the super deluxe?