Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

My Red Rose Speedway box stands perfectly on my shelf. But my Ram box leans hard to the right, unsightly so.

How is your Ram box when stood upright? Are they all like that?

2. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Paul has to keep my copy propped up too.

[​IMG]

3. rd19

rd19 Forum Resident

This may have been posted in another thread, but for those who have not yet downloaded the hi res files for Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway and Wings Over Europe, the download links appear to be working again. Like others, I purchased the BBB but did not download the files right away. I then found the links on the download cards to be inactive. However, I tried again recently was able to download 24/96 WAVE files for entire box using the URLs and codes on the download cards I received. The current site appears to require login information. I used the information I had set up to download the Flaming Pie hi res files and that worked. The URLs appear to be specific to each title, but below is an example. Again, sorry if this has already been shared but it was great to finally be able to download these files!

https:/paulmccartney.com/redeem/wings1971-73

Hep Alien, JeffreyB, omikron and 12 others like this.
  4. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Excellent news! Just tried my ToW download code at www.paulmccartney.com/redeem/tugofwar and, yes indeed, the card worked :righton:

A forum member very kindly furnished me with the hi-res files for the deluxe Archive boxes I've bought to date already, but this is fantastic news for anyone who has bought the sets after release but found the cards unredeemable.

Whoever at MPL might have been listening - thank you!

5. arnt

arnt Forum Resident

It's indeed great news. :goodie:I downloaded Red Rose Speedway and Wild Life (and they sound superb), but Wings Over America didn't work unfortunately.
    I bought Ram deluxe immediately on the release date, but in this box the redeem code was missing, which I released too late :cry:

joy stinson and tug_of_war like this.
  6. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

Was there a download code for WINGS OVER EUROPE?

joy stinson and tug_of_war like this.
  7. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

Thank you!
    Oh...and welcome :righton:

8. rd19

rd19 Forum Resident

Yes, I received three separate download cards in the BBB. I initially overlooked the WoE download card included in my copy of the box. Unlike the cards for WL and RRS which were located with the compact discs, the WoE card in my box was located inside the front pocket of the folio (between the pages of the facsimile tour program).

joy stinson and Lewisboogie like this.
  9. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

Thanks. I'll haul out the Monolith and look for it.

joy stinson and Lewisboogie like this.
  10. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I finally picked up the Red Rose Speedway archive box from Amazon. Looks amazing, but I do notice a white edge at the top of the slipcase spine where it seems the black paper has lifted up a bit. No big deal in the big scheme of things, but it does stand out on the shelf and bugs my perfectionist eye. Did anyone else have that on their box, too?

DK Pete likes this.
  11. I loved Wild Life flaws and all,the first time I heard it. It has some gems.

joy stinson, supermd, Tord and 3 others like this.
  12. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I don't know if I'm a perfectionist or an obsessive but I need these things to be no less than perfect. No crimps, bends, rips allowed. If you're happy with your box, excellent. But cooperative as Amazon usually are, I end up exchanging at least 50% of the time. But yea, this is one great box set. So much to get into.

13. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

The flaws are what give it its unique quality. Once you accept them, you just "go with it" rather than let them get in the way.

somnar likes this.
  14. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

A simple question that’s probably been answered more than once in this long thread.:)

How does the Archive remaster of Red Rose Speedway stack up against the 1993 McCartney Collection CD? This is the only digital version I own, and while I like it well enough, there’s always room for improvement.:)

joy stinson likes this.
  15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

The 1993 remasters are no bueno. Noise-reduction.

16. Gradese

Gradese Forum Resident

No such thing on my copy... It's a wonderful box indeed, visually as much as sonically

DK Pete and coffeetime like this.
  17. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I tried to download Red Rose Speedway this morning but the link www.paulmccartney.com/redeem/redrosespeedway did not work. Instead, the website re-routed me to www.paulmccartneyvinyl.com (which has the McCartney album cover as background). I created an account but it didn't seem to work.

Thought I'd check for any tips on this thread before writing to MPL again. The /redeem pages seem to work for Tug Of War and Flaming Pie but not for WL or RRS....

18. Can you share a photo of the problem?

19. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Plus the actual masterings are surpassed by the original CD editions in every case.

yesstiles likes this.
  20. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I decided to just exchange it for a new copy. On close inspection, I can see that there is a longer layer of paper under the top seam that was protruding out and preventing the color edge from gluing down flush with the corner. I didn't want to see that for the rest of my days; the series is too beautiful to compromise.

Hep Alien and DK Pete like this.
  21. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

You did the right thing my son.

yesstiles and Jason W like this.
  22. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Unbeknownst to me at the time my husband almost got the big barn box set but the price caused him to hesitate. I’m a much bigger solo macca fan so was surprised to hear this but guess my dragging him out of state to see macca three times and another time locally has trained him well. LOL. He says he keeps looking for it on discogues but the prices are much higher than then. The poor man is a good, patient husband. I didn’t know him when I first saw wings.

23. joy stinson

leave the poor dead woman alone....he dragged her into the group and she tried.

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  24. joy stinson

I have too...saw her with wings and two more concerts afterwards. Her harmonies on ram, hey diddle, etc are very good.

JLPMacca likes this.
  25. joy stinson

Arnold,

I am a new forum member and I join you as a true admirer of bip bop. I’m a southern gal and it is extraordinary Delta blues primitive roots music. My parents are from Deep South Alabama next to meridian, Mississippi and I heard old black dudes singing and playing guitar in that style in the sixties at country stores in that area. Bip bop is extraordinary.