Wire Train’s In A Chamber Remaster/Reissue With 6 Bonus Tracks!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomd

tomd Senior Member Thread Starter

2. rynopinn

rynopinn Forum Resident

Thanks for the info.

3. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

I couldn't get this link....I love this album!any idea when this re-issue is due!what label?nothing up on amazon yet.

4. Em.

Em. Forum Resident

The label putting it out is Supermegabot Music Concern LLC., which is run by some "Rykodisc expatriates".

The CD can be ordered from here:

SUPERMEGASTORE — SUPERMEGABOT

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  5. Sebastian saglimbenI

Awesome!thanks!I bought this on vinyl along with the Peter Gabriel "shock the monkey" album when they were first issued!I purchased the wire train based on the clerks recommendation!I loved it!!

6. art

art Senior Member

Yeah came out on hi-res a year or so ago.

7. Sebastian saglimbenI

Hi-res....as in blu-ray?

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Chamber Of Hellos" IS a GREAT SONG!......
    I can't help but think of another 'one-underground-hit' band, Translator, and their song "Everywhere That I'm Not"....
    Looking around the internet, I see they were BOTH on 415!
    I guess that's why I feel they 'go together'!

9. Sebastian saglimbenI

Translator....romeo void.....wire train!!415 records had a pretty cool roster back then!I love all of 3 bands!!

patient_ot and vince like this.
  10. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

I saw Wire Train supporting The Waterboys at Leicester University in 1986 and bought their second album which was newly released over here at the time. Bought the follow up on vinyl and CD and the fourth and fifth albums on CD. The debut album was never released in the U.K. as I recall but it turned up in bargain bins around 1990/91 on vinyl so I picked that up at the time.

Those first 2 albums have been frustratingly difficult to find on CD so I’m glad this album has finally been unearthed. Whether it’s for me all these later I’m not sure but I should dig out the stuff I still have and see if it still hits home. Never knew about their sixth album to be honest.

11. Sebastian saglimbenI

Great bill!!I would love have seen the original lineup of the waterboys!

MicSmith likes this.
  12. art

art Senior Member

No, hi-res download. 24/192.

Too bad the later albums aren’t available that way. Between Two Words and No Soul No Strain are classics of their respective eras. The band evolved into a real force.

13. Sebastian saglimbenI

Oh okay thanks....I'm more a "physical product" fan.....I'm technology challenged here!

14. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

I saw Wire Train open for Bob Dylan. They were great . I loved how the changed their sound each consecutive album. I wish this was vinyl.

15. Twangy

Twangy Forum Resident

Great news! "It's Only Dark" is one of my favorite WT songs, on the flip of the "I'll Do You" 45.......i always thought it interesting after guitarist Kurt Herr left the band, he's been a big deal ad agency guy nowadays!!!!

Thesmellofvinyl and art like this.
  16. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

If anyone gets this, can they comment on the mastering and DR? I don't know this band but liked a couple of songs I checked out and will listen to it on Tidal soon. Thinking of getting the CD but only if it's mastered well and I like the whole album.

17. Sebastian saglimbenI

I just ordered this on c.d. on amazon for $13.99!So excited to hear it again!!

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  18. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Not available at the moment from highresaudio.com "due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country."

Thanks to tomd for posting this update. I first heard this band on WIZN while working in a sub/grinder/sandwich shop in Burlington, Vermont, and saw them play in Burlington not long after.

19. art

art Senior Member

Hdtracks has it. As does onkyo

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  20. coldnebraskablue

coldnebraskablue Forum Resident

I bought it from highresaudio.com a while back, as it was the cheapest HiRes version I could find (£12.90 for FLAC 192). Unfortunately it wasn't 192, it was more like 88 or (at best) 96khz. I emailed them about it and they basically told me to talk to Sony.
    This new digital version has been out for a while but I know the CD was delayed for some reason. It's great that a label is interested in putting this out again, but I think the physical copy might end up being US only.

21. Sebastian saglimbenI

I wish I was technically more savvy!!but I'm more of a "physical" product person so I ordered the c.d. yesterday in hopes of good sound....luckily the price ($13..99)wasn't too steep!I do have "AMAZON" Mysic on my phone and sometimes I get the download with my physical purchase... i was pleasently surprised to find the complete box set of bobbie gentry in my files!I'd be technically "lost" otherwise.....

22. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I discovered this band just today when I purchased the 1990 S/T on CD. What a great CD! I stumbled on this thread trying to find info on this band.

How is the sound of the original CD of In A Chamber?

23. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

24. Sebastian saglimbenI

There is an original 415 c.d. for sale for a sizable amount of money....the oglio c.d. is also quite expensivery as well!glad to see this reissue.....nice package....great price too!I would love to see this label reissue THE RAYBEATS "IT'S ONLY A MOVIE" On c.d.!!

25. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Yeah, Translator! Had a thing for them wayyyy back when and still have the Translation compilation CD in my collection.

Must play it tonight- some good tunes on that disc!

Everywhere That I'm Not
    Breathless Agony
    Un-Alone
    Everywhere
    I Hear You Follow
    Standing In Line
    Today
    Gravity
    Necessary Spinning
    These Old Days
    Lazarus
    No Time Like Now
    Sleeping Snakes

art, vince and Sebastian saglimbenI like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.